Sports Illustrated: Why Mike Riley sees a bright future after the Huskers' 2015 nightmare

You act like MSU knew or gave a sh#t how our season was going.

You act like it's silly to scout an opponent and evaluate their performance, strengths, and weaknesses.

You act like MSU's scouting capabilities are sh**ty. Judging off the last decade, I would say that couldn't be further from the truth.

MSU has had troubles with us ever since we joined. They know how hard it is to beat us in Lincoln, even when they are ranked highly. The point is, they didn't take us lightly, and if some of them did it's their own damn fault. Our team came together and played their hearts out for that win, trying to cut that accomplishment down 10 days before the next season is pointless.

• Fire 2

You act like it's silly to scout an opponent and evaluate their performance, strengths, and weaknesses.

You act like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record.
You act like you didn't read my post.

lot of that going on in here it seems.

You act like MSU's scouting capabilities are sh**ty. Judging off the last decade, I would say that couldn't be further from the truth.

MSU has had troubles with us ever since we joined. They know how hard it is to beat us in Lincoln, even when they are ranked highly. The point is, they didn't take us lightly, and if some of them did it's their own damn fault. Our team came together and played their hearts out for that win, trying to cut that accomplishment down 10 days before the next season is pointless.

Glad to see you agree with me. :cheers

And you'd read my entire earlier post, and the one I responded to, You'd see my point wasn't about trying to cut that accomplishment down 10 days before the next season, as you assert. But that would require comprehension. You haz it?

I think too many put too much emphasis on the first games and very little on the last four. This team changed, an all out fight was also mentioned. Buy in or get the fork out it seemed is what happened. And most did. Awfully hard to do anything with half not wanting to, arguing, doing the opposite of what is being asked, not trusting, and this word called loyalty. Sometimes loyalty is not good, and I think we saw it a lot last year. But towards the end, the group become loyal to themselves and followed the new leadership.

No idea of how we will do this year, but I expect to see a better team and effort from the start. I expect to see a team that is on the same page, and I truly do not think we have had that for quite awhile, maybe since Coach Osborne's last year. In house battles hurt teams, we have seen that a lot and too much of it last year.

This is still a coaching failure. If a player is not following instructions then bench him. How can a capable coaching staff let a group of players who are not following instructions on the field for more than half the season?

• Fire 2

I think too many put too much emphasis on the first games and very little on the last four. This team changed, an all out fight was also mentioned. Buy in or get the fork out it seemed is what happened. And most did. Awfully hard to do anything with half not wanting to, arguing, doing the opposite of what is being asked, not trusting, and this word called loyalty. Sometimes loyalty is not good, and I think we saw it a lot last year. But towards the end, the group become loyal to themselves and followed the new leadership.

No idea of how we will do this year, but I expect to see a better team and effort from the start. I expect to see a team that is on the same page, and I truly do not think we have had that for quite awhile, maybe since Coach Osborne's last year. In house battles hurt teams, we have seen that a lot and too much of it last year.

This is still a coaching failure. If a player is not following instructions then bench him. How can a capable coaching staff let a group of players who are not following instructions on the field for more than half the season?

What if they were trying to connect or build trust with players would/should start, but were rejecting the coaches before they ever knew who their new coach was?

Huskers lose game. Huskers suck

Huskers win game. Huskers suck.

Since you like to bring up Bo references when there aren't any, did you hang your hat on the program after the McCheese State victory?

where is the bo reference in what he said? that's been the fans' mantra since before al gore invented the internet. we have one of the hardest fan bases to please.

What if those players were still your best option? What if the players behind them had the same attitude?

What if the coaching staff knew in all of this that those players are the ones they have got to get on board so they had to keep trying?

• Fire 1