Scheduling

ScottyIce

It doesn't matter. Hasn't had any affect on the playoff teams so far, and I doubt it will in the near future. At this point we need all the help we can get, I don't see the point in shooting ourselves in the foot early in the season.

Disagree. I know this is going to seem.....whatever....because it's Oregon but in the Pac12 they play 9 conference games and a conf championship. Oregon has Virginia and Nebraska on the schedule on top of that. The only patty cake they play was UC Davis who is a pretty solid FCS group. Much like McNeese was the year NU played them.

I think it DOES matter because of the discussions being had last year about Baylor before they eliminated themselves anyway. Its getting to the point that you get the benefit of the doubt if you're willing to go out and schedule power 5 schools. It doesn't have to be Bama, and Clemson in the same year. Go play Vandy and then UCLA. I'm ok with 1 puff, but I don't think it should be opening week either.

I like that tough games were played week 1 so that way the preseason rankings can be shook up to look more accurate for week 2. Plus we wait forever to see CFB, why do we want to see a bunch of 60-10 games like we saw with Michigan and OSU...

I mean if we schedule Kentucky or Vanderbilt or a lower power 5 team instead of Wyoming on our schedule, I think it would look way better because we would have one easy opponent and it would show we aren't afraid to schedule one tough and one unknown p5 school. We don't control those teams seasons, so if they have a good season that makes us look good. If they don't, people will see we still have 11 p5 teams on our schedule, and not a lot of teams can say that anymore. If we scheduled the likes of USC, Oregon and Oklahoma State for our OOC that is going to beat us up for the whole season and we would probably drop two of those three games and lose two or three in conference because we would be so beat up from it.

I am fine with one tough OOC, one cupcake and one semi-good team whether it be a lower level p5 team or a good non power 5 team like Cincy or Boise and the teams like them.

I don't want to open with a powerhouse. Too often teams are still a bit rusty going into first game. This allows for intangibles to play a larger role in the outcome. Depending on opponent and location, rustiness could help, could hurt.

I like increasing the difficulty as you go, and ideally, opening conference play with a similar scale.

I'm not opposed to scheduling P5 bottom feeders, but that's pretty much the same as Wyoming and Fresno. Two of those and another top to mediocre P5 team and you should be good. Plus some of these were scheduled years in advance when the teams looked to be on the up swing.

So, now that we've all agreed an undefeated season would get us into the playoffs...

Wouldn't our season be more interesting and intriguing if we had a tougher OOC schedule? Really all I'm suggesting is we dump one of our clunkers and add in another big game. It's downright better for the program... Especially the years where Colorado is our BIG OOC game. They more than likely won't be good.

• Fire 1

I suppose if we only play tOSU amd don't have MSU or Michicken them we should have two P5 schools on the schedule. If the B1G would do is one favor they should rotate MSU OSU and Michigan do that we play 2 of 3 every other year.

The only thing I'd say about that is that we have to end this conference title drought soon, or we're really teetering on the verge of total mediocrity. I'm pretty thankful that we only have one of those three on the schedule this season, to be honest.

If we can make it to Indy with a healthy roster and some kind of a shot at repeating the same type of effort we showed against Michigan State last year, that'd be great.

I think the three non-cons that we have this season are pretty good for us with where we just happen to be at, potential-wise. If our ceiling was realistically higher, I might feel otherwise.

I'm fine with our scheduling as compared to what the rest of the country does.

However, the big ten is missing the boat with no marquee games this week.

Wisconsin played LSU, so that was one marquee game involving a Big Ten program.

When OU scheduled Houston, nobody anticipated that to be a big game. Houston scheduled it at NRG Stadium to sell more tickets to OU fans, so they would bring in more ticket sales.

Yes, there are some big games involving some SEC and Pac 12 schools, but they also fill out their non-conference schedule with cupcakes. SEC schools also put in a cupcake, non-conference games in late October and November to be an unofficial "bye week" while most schools are deep in the conference schedules. The SEC only has 8 conference games, and aren't close to going to a 9-game conference schedule.

• Fire 1