K. Williams defense with 55 seconds left

BoNeyard

When Gerry has to think he plays slow, when he comes down hill with no hesitation the guy is a monster. Keiron is the better football player of the two though, looking forward to the secondary next year as it should be a huge year with who will be back there. I love Gerry but i wish he had a nose for the ball like Rose-Ivy, holy crap i would feel sorry for receivers coming across the middle and backs that try to take him on

You want to tell me gerry doesnt take a ton of poor angles and tons of missed tackles? Thats been a consistent problem with him but he makes up for it in other areas. Having a nose for the ball doesnt mean interceptions only, he is also suppose to come up and stuff the run. 26 is in on damn near every tackle so far this year. Rewatch the games matty and honestly try to tell me that gerry has been more consistent so far this year.

Nate had a fantastic sophomore season in Pelini's defense. He didn't do anything spectacular last year, and has two picks against a lame duck quarterback and two nice TFL's so far this year.

Great player but really looking for him to live up to the real all-conference level people think he should be at because we haven't seen it yet.

Gerry is 4 INT's from the school record. He led the team in tackles in 2015 and INT's. In 2014 he was second in tackles and again led in INT's. I commented in another thread, comparing his numbers last year to the AA safeties, he was only off in TFL IIRC.

To say that Gerry isn't a great safety or good safety is an opinion. That stats show that he is....... Problem for a safety, you miss the tackle, its normally a score. Thats what people seem to remember. Do you remember Matt O'Hanlon's 3 INT's against Oklahoma or his lapse against VT? Regardless of that lapse at VT, O'Hanlon could flat out ball at safety. Same with Gerry. We are, IMO, a much much better team with him on the field. He isn't ejected against Iowa, we win that game.

• Fire 5

Yeah he messed up, AW was suppose to have underneath and KW overtop but he made up for that mistake by getting hands in his face. I believe banker said something along the lines of if that was caught KW woulda lost his blackshirt

Thats where athleticism comes into play. He has the speed and athleticism to make up for mistakes. Great play and game saver. Imagine when he gets the technique to go with the ability.

Like i said im not saying Gerry isnt good by any means cause he is and is our best option at the moment at that spot and is a playmaker, just not consistent game to game. When he shows up he shows up in a big way and he lets everyone know he's there. But there are games where he can disappear (and not just when he gets ejected lol) I just think KW is a more fluid safety. But i will disagree about the iowa game, Gerrys backup wasnt throwing INTs to the other team

Gerry has NFL measurables and athletic ability. However, he's got a knack for making boneheaded hits that get him ejected from games, and isn't always rock solid in coverage. He's fantastically athletic; he's not a blue-chip safety, when we're talking about how his skills translate to the next level. I think if he does play on Sundays, he'll shift to SS and be more of an enforcer against the run.

That said, he's a pretty dang good college safety and we're really lucky to have him and Kieron patrolling back there. Kieron has really impressed me this season and seems like he's taken a big step forward from a relatively quiet year last year. He is all over the field making players this year.

It could be just the defense loosening up and trusting the system enough to be able to just make plays. We all know what an issue that was in Bo's system.

You want to tell me gerry doesnt take a ton of poor angles and tons of missed tackles? Thats been a consistent problem with him but he makes up for it in other areas. Having a nose for the ball doesnt mean interceptions only, he is also suppose to come up and stuff the run. 26 is in on damn near every tackle so far this year. Rewatch the games matty and honestly try to tell me that gerry has been more consistent so far this year.

The 3rd and Goal touchdown that Oregon scored on was Gerry taking a horrible angle to the ball carrier IIRC. Had he taken a better angle, I'm sure Gerry would have made it 4th and Goal.