Would your rather lose a Playoff game or win the Rose Bowl?

Moiraine

Season scenarios  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guess I'm in the minority with a Rose Bowl win. The offseason always seems more tolerable when we go out with a bowl win. And really, who is going to care in five years whether we finished ranked #3/4 or a few spots lower? JMHO. :dunno:

Unless Wisconsin improves dramatically or Oregon performs better in the P12 than has been predicted by their analysts, I'm not sure an 11-1 Husker team makes the playoffs. A 12-0 one does, for sure.

So far, the best win among our opponents not named OSU is the Wisconsin win over LSU. Since then, LSU hasn't looked great, and if they struggle through the SEC, that will significantly diminish the perception of Wisconsin and its win over them.

Bad losses among our slated B10 opponents, including the following, probably mean that none of those opponents can rehabilitate themselves enough to help a 1-loss Husker team's case, even if they pull off wins over MSU, Michigan or OSU.

• Northwestern's two losses to WMU and Illinois St
  • Illini's large deficit losses to WMU and UNC
  • Purdue's large deficit loss to Cincinnati
  • Iowa's loss to NDSU

None of the other slated B10 opponents had any significant wins in the non-conf, and Maryland and Indiana both struggled with non-P5 teams. Unfortunately, their perception won't improve as much with a win over a top B10 team as it will simply hurt the loser's (and B10's) reputation.

I'm still going with the "playoff" option above because it lists winning the conf. championship, which is attainable this year, but realistically, a two loss season with a Rose Bowl birth (and win) would be a really great accomplishment for this team.

My God, relax people.

I don't particularly care about it being the Rose Bowl. It just happens to be the best bowl Nebraska can go to outside of a playoff game and knowing we would lose the playoff game makes the decision something to think about, imo. Losing the last game is always hard. Being a 1 loss team and winning our bowl game sounds pretty great to me. I still pick the playoff loss though.