Names and numbers tonight

ScottyIce

It may just be me, but I've always wondered why people need to see the names on the backs of jerseys to recognize who each player is.

I agree, maybe we are just too damn lazy to learn.

Since we are on the subject.

Why is it necessary to include JR on jersey names? How often have a SR and JR played on the same team in the same year?

It may just be me, but I've always wondered why people need to see the names on the backs of jerseys to recognize who each player is.

I agree, maybe we are just too damn lazy to learn.

Since we are on the subject.

Why is it necessary to include JR on jersey names? How often have a SR and JR played on the same team in the same year?

I think that comes down to personal preference of the player. I can't remember who it was that had a SR. on their jersey one year, but it was to honor their kid, who was JR.

Johnny Stanton IV was a bit much, though.

Whoever came up with silver letters on a white jersey needs to be fired. Just leave the names off the jersey if nobody is supposed to be able to read it.

I thought they looked sweet, especially in the photos now after the game.

Again if you need to be able to see the name to tell the difference between Avery Anderson and Tommy Armstrong then that's on you as a fan.

Whoever came up with silver letters on a white jersey needs to be fired. Just leave the names off the jersey if nobody is supposed to be able to read it.

I thought they looked sweet, especially in the photos now after the game.

Again if you need to be able to see the name to tell the difference between Avery Anderson and Tommy Armstrong then that's on you as a fan.

It's not that I need the names. It's that the jerseys look ridiculous with almost legible names on them. Why have them at all if you can't read them?