I still think we should rise for the national anthem hence why the pa says please rise to honor America.

What comes next of these protests is what concerns me the most, do people start sitting dancing or doing other things during the national anthem.

These players shouldn't be kicked off the team like some fans have said, Riley will probably talk to them about it though to make people happy.

It feels weird some people do different things during the national anthem to me, if we all stand it shows we are unified as ONE country in unison honoring our country, our people our military, and the flag.

It seems our leaders need to say what side of the issue they are on or else it seems a supreme court case could be among us on this issue.

• Fire 1

Why is it that people can't express their feelings toward those who kneel during the National Anthem but yet it's ok for those to express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem?

Aren't both sides an act of freedom of speech?

But I guess I'm just some butt hurt racist who doesn't understand the meaning behind the kneeling

• Fire 1

Why is it that people can't express their feelings toward those who kneel during the National Anthem but yet it's ok for those to express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem?

Aren't both sides an act of freedom of speech?

But I guess I'm just some butt hurt racist who doesn't understand the meaning behind the kneeling

Have you been arrested? Is anyone saying you should be fired from your job?

Hopefully you can open the link, but here's your list.

Yep, this is a biggie for me:

12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the

music of my race represented, into a supermarket and fi nd

the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a

hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.

:facepalm::dunno:hellloooo:blink:;):P

So if somebody else doesn't arrange for what I want, then the country is racist. Got it! :thumbs

The other drop of the shoe is, if you get businesses that cater to your likes, make sure they aren't burned and looted next riot. I guarantee I wouldn't let that happen to Tweet's Sport Shop in Columbus, or Geno's Minnow Mart or the Hobby Lobby store.

• Fire 2

What is this one supposed to mean? How do we guarantee this?

24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the “person

in charge”, I will be facing a person of my race.

I should have tried that in boot camp. Excuse me sir, I want to hear it from a white officer that we are indeed the "pig platoon". :laughpound

• Fire 1

To all those who are so outraged over these players kneeling:

We're you outraged when the flag hit the ground as the parachutist landed? The flag is never supposed to touch the ground. Do you yell at those who don't take off their hats during the anthem? What about those chatting? Those things are by far more disrespectful.

When these players kneel, they still face the flag and pay attention. Before you decry their protest, learn about what it is about and try to understand. These guys mostly come from an America much different than the one you and I have experience.

• Fire 1

If the American flag actually stands for freedom and justice for all, then the protest is about as patriotic as you can get.

If it's just a symbol that demands allegiance, we're in trouble.

Exactly, well said. We are under no obligation to bow down to any icons as people and as American people.

Is there some amount of disrespect happening here, if we take a vote on it and get the majority's opinion? Yes. But this is peaceful protest.

For myself, and you all can do whatever you want...but I'm going to be really careful about bringing the election cycle into this conversation. There's a good chance of educating people on just exactly what rights these young men have under the First Amendment here. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a "Trump vs Hillary" thing. This particular message is for everyone.

• Fire 1
Historically, and I could be mistaken...but historically, roughly 100% of protests have been made in public. It's kind of the nature of protests.

Great, but that had nothing to do with the question I answered.

The question is how one acquits themselves in a public setting vs. what is acceptable at home.

To all those who are so outraged over these players kneeling:

We're you outraged when the flag hit the ground as the parachutist landed? The flag is never supposed to touch the ground. Do you yell at those who don't take off their hats during the anthem? What about those chatting? Those things are by far more disrespectful.

When these players kneel, they still face the flag and pay attention. Before you decry their protest, learn about what it is about and try to understand. These guys mostly come from an America much different than the one you and I have experience.

Before 9-11 I don't remember placing your hand over your heart being so important. I'm so glad that's the big thing people took away from that event

What is this one supposed to mean? How do we guarantee this?

24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the “person

in charge”, I will be facing a person of my race.

I should have tried that in boot camp. Excuse me sir, I want to hear it from a white officer that we are indeed the "pig platoon". :laughpound

Sigh.

He's not saying we should forcefully make sure everyone has a boss of their race. He's saying it's another example of White privilege people take for granted. This was something we talked about in one of my Education classes. There are hardly any Black teachers out there and one reason for that is Black kids in school generally aren't seeing Black teachers as they're growing up. They aren't seeing many Black people in other important roles, either. To think this has no effect on their psyche as far as what they think is possible for them, and to think seeing people who look like you in positions of power while growing up had no effect on your beliefs in what you could do when you're an adult, is to be pretty ignorant.

And why should it be up to us to inform you of this? You should want to do the research yourself. Asking others to list 50 things for you doesn't make any sense. You can google as well as we can. If they're saying something is wrong you should want to figure it out and try to help them make it right instead of automatically writing them off.

There's a good chance of educating people on just exactly what rights these young men have under the First Amendment here.

Yes, they have plenty of rights and people sticking up for them, but little or no obligations or expectations of behavior and precious few holding them accountable on that front. Nobody ever wants to be "educated" on what they SHOULD do, only on what they CAN do without consequences.

Hopefully you can open the link, but here's your list.

Yep, this is a biggie for me:

12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the

music of my race represented, into a supermarket and fi nd

the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a

hairdressers shop and find someone who can cut my hair.

:facepalm::dunno:hellloooo:blink:;):P

So if somebody else doesn't arrange for what I want, then the country is racist. Got it! :thumbs

The other drop of the shoe is, if you get businesses that cater to your likes, make sure they aren't burned and looted next riot. I guarantee I wouldn't let that happen to Tweet's Sport Shop in Columbus, or Geno's Minnow Mart or the Hobby Lobby store.

Actually, you don't get it.

Taken individually, these things seem small. When they happen to you several times a day every day of your life, it accumulates.

• Fire 1

This was something we talked about in one of my Education classes.

Any Vice-Lords teach in your classes? I learned a lot about race relations from them back in the day. Did you go on any field trips and see any barracks fights? I learned a lot about tensions between different groups in those down at Fort Jackson. Most of it might fly in the face of what you have learned in one of your Education classes, but as long as you get good grades and the teacher gets paid, all is good.