Hopefully you can open the link, but here's your list.

Yep, this is a biggie for me:

12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the

music of my race represented, into a supermarket and fi nd

the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a

hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair.

:facepalm::dunno:hellloooo:blink:;):P

So if somebody else doesn't arrange for what I want, then the country is racist. Got it! :thumbs

The other drop of the shoe is, if you get businesses that cater to your likes, make sure they aren't burned and looted next riot. I guarantee I wouldn't let that happen to Tweet's Sport Shop in Columbus, or Geno's Minnow Mart or the Hobby Lobby store.

Some of this stuff you're laughing off also shows up in college entrance tests like the ACT and SAT.

You seem to have no understanding of the difference between admitting White privilege exists and making accusations of overt racism. The whole point in mentioning White privilege is to say that, no, Blacks don't start off on the same foot as Whites do. They aren't down because there's something culturally or inherently wrong with them.

You also seem to have no ability to empathize. You take those things listed for granted and aren't even trying to imagine what it would be like if it was the opposite.

• Fire 1

Why is it that people can't express their feelings toward those who kneel during the National Anthem but yet it's ok for those to express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem?

Aren't both sides an act of freedom of speech?

Yes?

I think the definition of "butthurt" in this argument needs a little work.

Listen, I am okay (EDIT: actually I should say I fully support it) with the kneeling. It is their right to protest in a civil manner however they see fit. I also wonder what that is going to accomplish? This would be to raise awareness, but the issue is front and center at this point.

There is a big problem in this country, and it really does not have to do with race. Racism at this point, is a terribly unfortunate side effect of economic policies in this country. It stems from the unbelievable disparity of wealth that has allowed the top 1% of wage earners to control 90% of the wealth in America. The cycle of poverty is the root of this. African Americans have long suffered from the oppression of the early 20th century. Legal racism (segregation) made sure they lost out on the prosperity of the Industrial Revolution and the great jobs that came out of that which allowed many Americans to climb out of poverty. Post-dust bowl America became prosperous because of the military-industrial complex that spurred manufacturing and then economy as a whole. Again, African Americans (actually all minorities) were excluded until the late 1960s. When generations of people are raised in a level of extreme poverty, eventually crime allows them to make ends meet. Thus, poverty brings crime and therefore more contact with police officers. Thereby making it more likely for "racism" to be engrained in the officers who are working these areas. I put racism in quotes because even though it seems to be mostly African Americans and is therefore racism, it wouldn't have mattered the color of skin of the people put in this position. In fact, all of this is about a different color entirely...

Green.

I believe the income disparity in this country is the biggest problem it faces, but racism still exists. The black middle class still isn't treated the same as whites.

I 100% agree it exists, but its roots are in socio-economic status. Something I believe to be true beyond the shadow of a doubt is that the systematic part is definitely grounded in who has money and who doesn't.

• Fire 1

Why is it that people can't express their feelings toward those who kneel during the National Anthem but yet it's ok for those to express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem?

But I guess I'm just some butt hurt racist who doesn't understand the meaning behind the kneeling

Have you been arrested? Is anyone saying you should be fired from your job?

Have I been arrested? No because I know the difference between right and wrong and I comply with the laws. I have been pulled over and was issued a couple speeding tickets and I'm still alive. Is it due to me being white? Nope could be the fact that I gave the officer respect, allowed him complete visibility of my hands and never gave the officer a reason to deem me a threat to him or her safety.

Nobody is saying that I should be fired from my job but I do officiate football and have received a few comments from fans on some calls that they deemed were wrong and didn't agree with. Even told me to hang it up

• Fire 1

Have I been arrested? No because I know the difference between right and wrong and I comply with the laws. I have been pulled over and was issued a couple speeding tickets and I'm still alive. Is it due to me being white? Nope could be the fact that I gave the officer respect, allowed him complete visibility of my hands and never gave the officer a reason to deem me a threat to him or her safety.

Nobody is saying that I should be fired from my job but I do officiate football and have received a few comments from fans on some calls that they deemed were wrong and didn't agree with. Even told me to hang it up

Far, far too many Black Americans also "know the difference between right and wrong and comply with the laws" yet are still arrested, still shot, still killed.

It's this tone-deaf response that people in this thread are on about. The implication in this response is that Black Americans who have been arrested, shot, killed by the police did not know the difference between right and wrong, did not comply with the law.

These protests are about situations where people complied, people knew the law, but are still dead. Ignore that basic fact and you're missing the entire point.

• Fire 4

The national anthem is not just for veterans or those who have fought for the US. Its for everyone, and stands for our nation's incredible freedoms - for every Individual. People can acknowledge it however they want. Some people sing, some do not. Those bastards are unpatriotic! Some people put their hands over their heart - some do not - how scandalous! I agree w/the above comment. You people making a big deal out if it are the ones w/the issue.

What that guy said ^

Furthermore, it's putting more pressure on finding a solution to the violence; which I'm pretty sure is universally desirable.

Well....pressure to find a solution to SOME violence.....a very, very, very minute portion of the violence that occurs.....African American kids have been killing African American kids for decades.....no one ever gave a hoot about that violence. Now, these kids surely have the right to act the fool....I served to give them that right.....but they are misguided, bandwagoning, trend-following sheep, and disingenuous in my opinion

Wait...we talking about the protesters, or the viewing demographics for Fox News?

But I guess I'm just some butt hurt racist who doesn't understand the meaning behind the kneeling

Talk to a black person sometime. Seriously. A professional well-groomed black person who complies with the law.

Their stories are absolutely chilling.

I'd heard the stories before. Thought we'd moved beyond them in 2016. Sure wanted to believe it because hey...black President! But cell phone cameras kinda threw it back in my face.

And why don't well-groomed law-abiding black people tell white people about the humiliating disrespect they encounter on a regular basis? Cause it's a conversation no one wants to have, typically greeted by white disbelief, denial and angry backlash that can make things even worse.

Little creepy that white folks are making this about their discomfort.

• Fire 4

Far, far too many Black Americans also "know the difference between right and wrong and comply with the laws" yet are still arrested, still shot, still killed.

It's this tone-deaf response that people in this thread are on about. The implication in this response is that Black Americans who have been arrested, shot, killed by the police did not know the difference between right and wrong, did not comply with the law.

These protests are about situations where people complied, people knew the law, but are still dead. Ignore that basic fact and you're missing the entire point.

He's also completely missing the point I was trying to make. He hasn't been arrested for his comments. He has the right of free speech. Nobody who matters is telling him he can't complain.

Please show me which of these so called black Americans knew the laws and "complied". Also it's just not black people being shot by cops but unarmed white people too but the media and these protests would lead you believe that's a false assumption

A lot of you are living in a false reality built on lies

• Fire 1

Talk to a black person sometime. Seriously. A professional well-groomed black person who complies with the law.

Their stories are absolutely chilling.

I'd heard the stories before. Thought we'd moved beyond them in 2016. Sure wanted to believe it because hey...black President! But cell phone cameras kinda threw it back in my face.

And why don't well-groomed law-abiding black people tell white people about the humiliating disrespect they encounter on a regular basis? Cause it's a conversation know one wants to have, typically greeted by white disbelief, denial and angry backlash that can make things even worse.

Little creepy that white folks are making this about their discomfort.

It goes beyond creepy--it's selfish, willfully-ignorant, and disingenuous on their part.

And thankfully I've had the uncomfortable discussions with my friends (and let them know that I am willing to listen at any time), and it's disturbing what you hear happening still in 2016. Especially for black professionals that have children and who have to discuss these topics with them before they even hit double digits in age. :(

• Fire 1

What a disgrace. Absolutely upsetting

You are right...its disgusting to see after all the brave Americans from all races have died for this country. Nobody is saying they dont have the right to do their petty little kneel, but we all have the right to call them disrespectful and a bunch of pansies.

I hope at the remaining Husker home games that they bring out all the brave police officers who risk their own lives every single day and pay tribute for their services.

Where would you guys like black people to protest? No matter what they do in this generation people are mad

There are many other forums and venues to protest, or to try to help their own personal causes if they feel their are injustices. For instancd, over the past 7 years, black income inequality has gotten worse. Someone like Colin Kaepernick should give way more than what he has to stand up for helping his community.

Like giving 100% of his jersey sales -- currently the top selling NFL jersey -- to community charities?

Something that wouldn't have happened before he took a knee?

Please show me which of these so called black Americans knew the laws and "complied". Also it's just not black people being shot by cops but unarmed white people too but the media and these protests would lead you believe that's a false assumption

A lot of you are living in a false reality built on lies

Do you have any personal friends who are Black? Ask them.