Ghost Hunting

I've always loved paranormal research but have never actually gone out and tried to look for things myself. I used to love Ghost Adventures several years back, and while I still enjoy it, I feel they've started to care more about presentation than evidence.

It's a TV show, and as such it demands constant and consistent entertainment value. Do ghosts, presupposing they exist, haunt places on steady schedules?

From an evidence standpoint, their shows have almost always been filled with a variety of "evidence." I use that term in quotes because they'll replay the same sound of what appears to be a pipe creaking three times in a row and flash "unexplained banging" on the screen. They have, however, captured some incredible things, and what they do capture is why myself and most of their viewers tune in.

From a presentation standpoint, what I don't like is how they've started injecting more gore and uncomfortable art into the two opening segments. Personally, it's just not in my taste. Zak has also become more irritating in recent seasons, embellishing a lot of things and being a bigger dick to the rest of the crew.

It must work because their show is more popular than ever - perhaps I'm just a curmudgeon.

I've always loved paranormal research but have never actually gone out and tried to look for things myself. I used to love Ghost Adventures several years back, and while I still enjoy it, I feel they've started to care more about presentation than evidence.

It's a TV show, and as such it demands constant and consistent entertainment value. Do ghosts, presupposing they exist, haunt places on steady schedules?

From an evidence standpoint, their shows have almost always been filled with a variety of "evidence." I use that term in quotes because they'll replay the same sound of what appears to be a pipe creaking three times in a row and flash "unexplained banging" on the screen. They have, however, captured some incredible things, and what they do capture is why myself and most of their viewers tune in.

From a presentation standpoint, what I don't like is how they've started injecting more gore and uncomfortable art into the two opening segments. Personally, it's just not in my taste. Zak has also become more irritating in recent seasons, embellishing a lot of things and being a bigger dick to the rest of the crew.

It must work because their show is more popular than ever - perhaps I'm just a curmudgeon.

No, it's just him in general. That guy annoys me.

I remember an early episode where the people basically said "Please don't provoke it or make it mad". It cuts away to him saying "Oh...I'm gonna provoke it!".

That's like rule #1 of DON'T DO! The goal is to make people feel safe in their home, not leave it worse than when you came in. If there is in fact some malevolent force present, the last thing you should do is piss it off then bail on the people who have to live with it.