Keys to Winning the West

Our shot at winning the West depends on whether Danny Langsdorf we can figure out a way to score on Wisconsin. And whether Tommy and Co can implement it. LSU couldn't. Michigan State couldn't. Those two top 10 teams (formerly top 10) combined for a total of 20 points against the Badgers. Wisconsin's LB corps is among the best in the nation. And their D-line is nearly that talented as well. Plus we face those guys in Madisonone of the most daunting venues in all of college football. The Husker offense is going to have it's work cut out for it when we visit Camp Randall in four weeks.

Note: Wiscy's best LB, Vince Biegel, is having a screw inserted into a cracked bone in his foot this week. He'll miss the Michigan game tomorrow. Will be back by the time they face us.

LSU's offense is abismal. The only thing they do is turn around and hand it to #7. Michigan St. however surprised me a bit on how they struggled to score, however the only game their offense was truly successful was against a terrible Notre Dame defense. Plus we have something neither of those 2 teams had.....A stud athlete at QB. Say what you want but TA is a great athlete, that is way more of a run threat then any other teams QB Wisconsin has faced. Plus with our talent at WR and RB, I feel like our offense will be able to score enough points for us to win the game, however idk if the defense can keep Wisconsin at bay

At the start of the season I was thinking that the Black Friday game would determine the West. With Wisconsin beating Michigan State it has changed to the NU-UW game IMO. The Iowa-UW game will be interesting as well.

Those three games should be the keys, unless Iowa or Wisconsin somehow beat Michigan. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

At the start of the season I was thinking that the Black Friday game would determine the West. With Wisconsin beating Michigan State it has changed to the NU-UW game IMO.

This.

And I'd say Iowa has little to no chance at beating Wisconsin. A team that can just barely put up 14 points against Rutgers probably doesn't even stand much of a chance of sniffing the end zone against the Badgers.

• Fire 1

If we are able to win the West, I really hope we aren't playing Ohio State. Mostly because it would be fun to play someone that we haven't played yet this season. So, yes, I'm hoping that we would get a chance at Michigan.

I'M WITH YOU ON THAT ONE. MOSTLY SO WHEN WE BEAT THEM WE CAN SEE THIS JIM "I JUST POOPED MY WAL-MART KHAKIS" HARBAUGH FACE:

CRjnw3qWwAAUU2Q.png

Does anyone know the B1G tiebreaker rules if there's a 3-way tie with everyone losing to each other in a division?

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game.
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
7. The representative will be chosen by random draw.
  • Fire 3