Keys to Winning the West

If Nebraska loses to Ohio state and Wisconsin, and Wisconsin has two losses, they win the tie break

Exactly...either we end up with only 1 conference loss, or if we lose to Wiscy and OSU, Wisconsin must then lose 3 games. Now with Michigan, OSU, and Iowa all coming up the next 3 weeks, they could possibly lose all 3.

I'm also not 100% sold on how good Wisconsin is this year. They looked great against MSU on the road, but the week before barely beat Geogia State at home.

And honestly, do all of you think Wisky is a world beater now? They ain't. We beat a much better MSU team last year and y'all still wanted Riley gone. Do the math. Whisky is still who we thought they were until they prove otherwise this weekend.

Against Georgia State they looked much worse than we have in any game this year. Against Michigan State they looked much better than we have in any game this year.

Based on this I can only conclude we with either beat them or we won't.

Does anyone know the B1G tiebreaker rules if there's a 3-way tie with everyone losing to each other in a division?

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game.
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
7. The representative will be chosen by random draw.

So, if there's a tie after all that I guess they take a telephone vote. And make another BTN documentary about it. LINK :lol:

• Fire 1

I am guessing that Michigan and OSU will take care of this problem.

I think NU can drop one West game and be okay.

We would still have to beat Wisconsin IMO. I could see Wisky dropping Mich-OSU and us dropping Wisky-OSU. We would need help from Iowa at that point.

I agree...and after seeing Iowa play NW yesterday, I'm not sure Wisconsin will have much trouble with Iowa this year. With that said, Northwestern looked much better yesterday than a week ago when we played them, but of course that could have something to do with how well the Huskers are playing at the moment. The only plausible game Wisconsin could lose after they play us would be at Northwestern. They should be able to beat IL, Purdue, and Minnesota easily.

If we are able to win the West, I really hope we aren't playing Ohio State. Mostly because it would be fun to play someone that we haven't played yet this season. So, yes, I'm hoping that we would get a chance at Michigan.

I dont know man. We probably lose the reg season game. To get that classic rematch dynamic in the CCG against an Ohio St with all the pressure on them against a team theyve already beaten when we have nothing to lose. Could be a huge advantage.