1st Place In The West

We might well win our first seven games this year only to lose four of the last five. It's going to be a serious -- and pleasantly surprising -- accomplishment if Nebraska can take the West title this season. Let's not get too dizzy over this 5-0 start and the #15 ranking just yet.

That coach got fired.

Not that I really disagree with you. There have just been so many games that the old team would have rolled over and let the other team put up 50 unanswered. Plus, I remember all the Oregon State fans saying Riley is good for at least one upset every season. It is so hard to let down my guard and be hopeful for a meaningful season, but I'm almost there.

Yeah he did...and so will this one if they lose four of the last five.

So far Riley has not pulled a Riley...he has not lost a game he should have won (this year)...hopefully he keeps it up because that will mean a 1 or 2 loss regular season.

We might well win our first seven games this year only to lose four of the last five. It's going to be a serious -- and pleasantly surprising -- accomplishment if Nebraska can take the West title this season. Let's not get too dizzy over this 5-0 start and the #15 ranking just yet.

That coach got fired.

Not that I really disagree with you. There have just been so many games that the old team would have rolled over and let the other team put up 50 unanswered. Plus, I remember all the Oregon State fans saying Riley is good for at least one upset every season. It is so hard to let down my guard and be hopeful for a meaningful season, but I'm almost there.

So far Riley has not pulled a Riley...he has not lost a game he should have won (this year)...hopefully he keeps it up because that will mean a 1 or 2 loss regular season.

I think this has more to do with the team than coaching. This team has a lot of heart. That seems to be something that has been lacking the last few years

That coach got fired.

I think this has more to do with the team than coaching. This team has a lot of heart. That seems to be something that has been lacking the last few years

Funny you say that, I was just thinking the same exact thing.

That coach got fired.

Is the team's heart not indicative of good coaching?

• Fire 1

Wisconsin's defense is really good actually. People thinking we won't have a problem with them are crazy. Not saying we can't beat them. But we better play a hell of a lot better than we have so far.

Tommy will sling it all over the yard against Wisky. Mark my words.
If he does we will lose.

All of our last five games terrify me. Wisconsin because their defense held Michigan to 14 points in easily the toughest stadium in the country. Ohio State because they're one of the best teams in the country. Minnesota because they're not great, but not awful. I don't believe the Maryland hype just yet, but they're not bad either. Iowa because, well, they're Iowa.

So Wisconsin has a 2-1 record against top ten teams this season (and the only loss was close), and people think they're not good? They are very very good. The only thing in our favor is thier schedule which will tax them. It's hard to take on that many hard teams in such a short time, and have it not effect you. Give respect where respect is deserved.

• Fire 1

Wisconsin's defense is really good actually. People thinking we won't have a problem with them are crazy. Not saying we can't beat them. But we better play a hell of a lot better than we have so far.

Tommy will sling it all over the yard against Wisky. Mark my words.

I love the optimism, but the O/U for that game might be 12.5. Just realized I may have taken your post the wrong way. We may throw it a bunch out of necessity.

Still, lets get by Indiana and Purdue first.

So Wisconsin has a 2-1 record against top ten teams this season (and the only loss was close), and people think they're not good? They are very very good. The only thing in our favor is thier schedule which will tax them. It's hard to take on that many hard teams in such a short time, and have it not effect you. Give respect where respect is deserved.

Yes, Wisky is solid. Michigan is good. LSU AND MSU are average.