The "Big" Games -0/2 - 1/1 - 2/0?

I know I'm breaking all sorts of rules and such regarding the one game at a time mentality. Heck I even preach that myself.

But looking ahead a few weeks, we have to monstrous away games at Wisky and Ohio State.

I'm interested to know how you all will think the Huskers do those two weeks.

Win them both?

Win one?

Lose both?

I'm afraid as good as this season has been so far, and given my proclivity to suck hard on the koolaid...I'm still thinking we go 0-2 in those games. The difference is, this year, I"m looking forward to those games, not dreading them.

Opinions?

• Fire 2

I think we have a shot against both. With our early schedule padded with easier teams (speaking relatively) and our rising rank and reputation, I believe the team will have higher confidence levels than otherwise might happen. If we roll into Wisconsin at 7-0, with Wisconsin already having a loss, I think this team will enter the game knowing they CAN win. And if they do so, then OSU is less daunting even if they remain undefeated.

I don't know if we will win either or both. I don't like to make predictions. I think we could, though.

And the BYE week this week could be a huge help. It comes at a time we need to heal up a bit but not at a point that could be distracting. Like right before Wisconsin or OSU. I think the bye is timed perfectly and we have 2 games following the bye to fine tune and improve before the biggest hurdles we are likely to face.

I hope they're not looking past ANYONE though, after seeing MSU fall to Indiana.

Last year we should've beat Wisconsin and almost did. This year, were much improved and they are a different team. We will take them out by 10+.

Last year, no one gave us a chance at MSU, and we pulled one out.

I think we give OSU a good enough game that when we get a rematch with them in the B10 title game, we will be in position to win and get into the Playoffs.

I love how the preseason favorite for the West is now a non-factor in the discussion. I think we are better than Iowa, but they aren't rotten garbage, either. They could easily beat us.

Chance of beating Wisconsin: 40% IMO

Chance of beating Ohio State: 10% IMO

10-2 with Wisc winning the West is the most likely, I think. Good bowl matchup.

I love how the preseason favorite for the West is now a non-factor in the discussion. I think we are better than Iowa, but they aren't rotten garbage, either. They could easily beat us.

Chance of beating Wisconsin: 40% IMO

Chance of beating Ohio State: 10% IMO

10-2 with Wisc winning the West is the most likely, I think. Good bowl matchup.

Good thoughts. Iowa is at a make or break moment. I am seeing rumbles that their QB is facing a serious leg or ankle injury that has not been disclosed publicly. That makes their backup, a guy named (I think) Steamer, likely to play significant time. He played part of one series and looked pretty good but they pulled him before he could really show much. True freshman I believe.

OSU at OSU will be a real challenge, as will Wisconsin. But I think we are improved enough to have a good chance at both. If not, the season doesn't go off the rails as long as we win the rest or almost all of the rest. We're on a good trajectory with 5 wins behind us.

Against Wisconsin: Barring a 2010 Ok. St. type anomaly, Wisc will be happily jumping around after a 15-25 margin of victory. NU offensive line just will not be able to provide a consistent running game.

Ohio St: an NU squad still seething from the "little brother get your @ss out of my room" Wisc. drubbing will take it out on OSU making it a game early. However an Urban inspired squad gunning for a natty, will have more gas in the tank eventually outlasting NU by 14-20 pts.

SO...0-2 it will be. To quote a famous adventure movie: " You lost today kid... but that doesnt mean you have to like it!"

After watching more and more, im still tryin to figure out this "wisconsin as a world beater" idea. Obviously the wins over LSU and Mich St were way overblown for those team are hot garbage anyway. Still tryin to get a besd on Michigan. Im not sure theyre a top ten team yet. I think we matchup very well with Wisconsin playing a style that would be hard for them to defend. I think the Wisc game is a very winnable game.

Ohio st. Heh. As of now, no. But you have to wonder. Have the teams like Bama, ohio st and clemson peaked already? You never know. This is why its great. Why you play the games. I say a split as of now.

• Fire 1

Against Wisconsin: Barring a 2010 Ok. St. type anomaly, Wisc will be happily jumping around after a 15-25 margin of victory. NU offensive line just will not be able to provide a consistent running game.

Ohio St: an NU squad still seething from the "little brother get your @ss out of my room" Wisc. drubbing will take it out on OSU making it a game early. However an Urban inspired squad gunning for a natty, will have more gas in the tank eventually outlasting NU by 14-20 pts.

SO...0-2 it will be. To quote a famous adventure movie: " You lost today kid... but that doesnt mean you have to like it!"

making us 5-4 sending us into a downward spiral where we lose out. HCMR gets canned along with the whole staff and SE replaces him with Tommie Frazier. Exciting time to be a husker!

In all honesty I think the most likely scenario in my mind is 1-1 with 0-2 being possible but less likely to me, I have alot of faith in this team! 2-0 is possible if we are go into the shoe undefeated for a top 5 match up and play our best football wire to wire. Force OSU out of a rhythem and out execute them. If this happens it is entirely possible we can pull off the unthinkable