What's our record over the last 7 games?

macroboy

Nebraska isn't even close to reaching its potential, but the things that can use improvement are the things that can be fixed in practice.

The biggest bugaboo that is out of Nebraska's control are injuries, and fate is very fickle in that department.

I will say Nebraska goes undefeated in the regular season. Just as plausible as anything else. I think the Cornhuskers have played as tough a schedule (if not tougher) than Ohio State so far, so how is there "0" defeats any more impressive than our "0" defeats?

Nebraska isn't even close to reaching its potential

^ couldn't agree more with this statement. Rest of Bowfins post was all good as well but this in particular is a big reason why we haven't won in "convincing fashion" this year really. Not really close to hitting all cylinders, and we may not all year, but if we do every team on our schedule better watch out including tOSU.

^ couldn't agree more with this statement. Rest of Bowfins post was all good as well but this in particular is a big reason why we haven't won in "convincing fashion" this year really. Not really close to hitting all cylinders, and we may not all year, but if we do every team on our schedule better watch out including tOSU.

I think we have at times hit on all cylinders at times during games. We just haven't had a game where we did it consistently all game long. We'll have to find that game if we are to beat Ohio State. We probably don't have to hit on all cylinders for four quarters against Wisconsin, but in order to win we'll have to for probably at least three quarters. I'm not convinced that we're overrated. We are going to find out.

Nebraska isn't even close to reaching its potential, but the things that can use improvement are the things that can be fixed in practice.

The biggest bugaboo that is out of Nebraska's control are injuries, and fate is very fickle in that department.

I will say Nebraska goes undefeated in the regular season. Just as plausible as anything else. I think the Cornhuskers have played as tough a schedule (if not tougher) than Ohio State so far, so how is there "0" defeats any more impressive than our "0" defeats?

They beat a ranked Oklahoma team who is still ranked....they also beat 3 teams with a winning record to our 1 (Wyoming).

I think we have at times hit on all cylinders at times during games. We just haven't had a game where we did it consistently all game long. We'll have to find that game if we are to beat Ohio State. We probably don't have to hit on all cylinders for four quarters against Wisconsin, but in order to win we'll have to for probably at least three quarters. I'm not convinced that we're overrated. We are going to find out.

to me, hitting on all cylinders means doing it all game long, or at least the majority of the game. I agree NU has shown flashes of what this team is really capable of. Once those flashes turn into what our team looks like 75-85% of the time, then we will be clicking imo. I agree with you about our rating, I think we have the ability to back it up if we put it all together in a game no doubt. We will see if we can do that, but I'm betting that we can.

1-6

Would love to be wrong.

well you probably will be. Some of the teams we have left to play are pretty bad and while Nebraska isn't the best team either, losing to 2 teams we should absolutely not lose to, 2 teams we should be able to beat without too much fuss and a toss up game where we have a talent edge doesn't seem likely
I know, but all the good answers were taken.
  • Fire 1

1-6

Would love to be wrong.

well you probably will be. Some of the teams we have left to play are pretty bad and while Nebraska isn't the best team either, losing to 2 teams we should absolutely not lose to, 2 teams we should be able to beat without too much fuss and a toss up game where we have a talent edge doesn't seem likely
I know, but all the good answers were taken.
2-5 hasn't been mentioned, but oddly enough I would probably prefer 1-6. If we are gonna crash and burn, might as well do it right

That 1 win is coming over tOSU of course

They beat a ranked Oklahoma team who is still ranked....they also beat 3 teams with a winning record to our 1 (Wyoming).

Oklahoma had a hard time beating hapless Texas to escape the Red River Shootout or go below .500

Tulsa and Bowling Green speak for themselves, so I am still not impressed. Indiana will give us a common benchmark, playing each other will settle it, so no use going any further when we are bound to find out.

I am going to say 6-1 with the lone loss to Ohio State, but I could also see 5-2 with a loss also to Wisconsin or an unexplained loss to a team we shouldn't lose to. I also have to say that I love all of the people that are complaining and saying that we don't deserve a top 10 ranking. Rankings are mainly subjective every year any way since most Power 5 teams just don't play as many games against the best of the best from other conferences. There are just too many people that can't simply be happy with a 5-0 start and be optimistic.

I am going to say 6-1 with the lone loss to Ohio State, but I could also see 5-2 with a loss also to Wisconsin or an unexplained loss to a team we shouldn't lose to. I also have to say that I love all of the people that are complaining and saying that we don't deserve a top 10 ranking. Rankings are mainly subjective every year any way since most Power 5 teams just don't play as many games against the best of the best from other conferences. There are just too many people that can't simply be happy with a 5-0 start and be optimistic.

I am guilty of this, so what if it's arbitrary, temporary and perhaps not really warranted. We are #10 and might not get higher the rest of the season. It could end any weekend so I should just enjoy it.

I remember vividly after losing to FSU and even though I thought we were jobbed I felt so proud we finished the season 3rd. 3rd! That was so cool to me.

It's like a PI on the other team that you have to admit is a bad call, you just shrug your shoulders and take the penalty because who knows the next bad call could be against us.