How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

In a very ironic turn of events. We always hear that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. THIS year though....it's different. Trump has lost. There is no way in hell he is winning this election. So.....it appears to me that a vote for him is what is a wasted vote.

If you vote for him, it's telling the Republicans that you're still on board with the status quo in the party and you're all happy and fine with how they do business. You are happy with the pathetic piece of crap that got nominated and you want more of the same.

THAT is not the message anyone should be sending the Republicans. So....a vote for Trump is actually a wasted vote.

That's an excellent point. At this point, oddly enough, Republican office holders need Trump more than Trump needs them - Trump can't win, but his base, while not even a majority of Republicans, is still sizable enough and fanatical enough that it will punish any Republican who doesn't enthusiastically endorse Trump and what he represent - bigotry, misogyny, isolationism, etc. Trumpism, then will become the new Republican norm unless those who would vote for Trump look to an alternative candidate. I would think that true conservatives will recognize this and reject voting for Trump.

As a Trump guy that is becoming more and more conflicted as the election nears, i didnt get it from this as painting Trump as the solution. yeah, we trump ppl paint him as such, but this write up is more about explaining why it's felt that way. i thought it was real interesting. It does explain exactly why Trump folks want Trump so bad. Same here. Looking past all the bs to what he appears to stand for. not a career politician. Already has all the money so he really cant be bought off. Brute honesty of what's on his mind and so on and so on. He would be the ultimate shock to a system that folks are tired of.

I don't think you can simply dismiss racism, xenophobia, and misogyny as "bs".

Also, what does he stand for? He has taken many different positions on virtually every issue.

its all his bs. Thats what it is. Sorry i didnt list each of his numerous problems. And yeah. I said "appeared to stand for"

This is the problem with this f'ing board. Social medai. And society in general. You frickin ppl spend more time and effort parsing thru a post or statement, noitpicking each little word so you can say "YEP. YEP. SEE!? YOURE WRONG HERE". As opposed to reading the whole message. f#*k that sh#t. Im sick of it. Read and think

Sorry if I came off strong. I didn't expect you to list all his problems and I understand your message. However, I don't believe it is possible to look past that so that's why I challenged it.

Likewise.

Not much aggrevates me anymore. One thing that does is when i have what I think are pretty honest, straight forward, yet well thought out statements get nitpicked for "kind of" false parts. That just gets me. Its a trend everywhere where some folks are too lazy to interpret a whole message and wanna find one wrong little thing. Ppl are more concerned with being right than getting it right.

The disparity between education level of Trump voters and non Trump voters is really all one needs to know. More education a person has, the less likely they are to vote Trump. The less education someone has, the more likely they are to vote Trump.

He (along with the media for normalizing his outrageous campaign) has validated bigotry, and that the notion that your feelings are equal to facts. Bringing up facts and verbatim quotes has somehow been demonized.

People claim the system is broken. The system is functioning as it should. The system is predicated on an educated, informed populace. When our populace is uninformed, uneducated, denies science, denies facts, denies verbatim quotes and embraces bigotry... then this is what you get. The populace is the problem. Garbage in. Garbage out.

• Fire 3

It does explain exactly why Trump folks want Trump so bad. Same here. Looking past all the bs to what he appears to stand for. not a career politician.

Preface: It probably helps to know how much people follow what happens in Washington before commenting on their take of the situation. If you don't follow close attention, you might have one opinion (that's most like very misinformed). If you follow it somewhat closely versus very closely, those will probably yield very different opinions as well. Maybe Count spends hours a day digesting political talk and follows current events from Washington very closely; I don't know. Everyone has their own opinions, and there aren't necessarily any right answers. /preface

As to your comment: In my own opinion, Trump is the exact type of person that would fit the build of the lifeblood of the "establishment." Be it someone in the Goldman Sachs camp that is apparently currently in Hellary's back pocket, or a Republican establishment goon. John 'The Boner' Boehner actually bragged in the primaries about being "texting buddies" with Donald Trump.

Also, Trump has consistently been politically liberal over time. Obviously, someone can change, and I suppose you can only go off of what someone running for office is currently saying they believe...but how is it that anyone can actually think that Trump would genuinely represent the anti-Republican establishment movement? That was obvious bs from the very first point he started saying he was anti-establishment.

What *actually* happened was that he was the loudest one yelling "I'm anti-establishment!!!" in the room, and because he was the loudest and most charismatic about it, the masses that probably don't pay that much attention to detail bought into it.

Rand Paul would have genuinely represented the one Republican candidate who has been "anti-establishment" over the whole of his (albeit relatively short) political career. But, people don't pay attention. So nobody even really knew who Rand Paul was. And that's sad.

tl;dr - Trump isn't genuinely anti-establishment. He just plays an anti-establishment leader on TV.

• Fire 2

The disparity between education level of Trump voters and non Trump voters is really all one needs to know. More education a person has, the less likely they are to vote Trump. The less education someone has, the more likely they are to vote Trump.

He (along with the media for normalizing his outrageous campaign) has validated bigotry, and that the notion that your feelings are equal to facts. Bringing up facts and verbatim quotes has somehow been demonized.

People claim the system is broken. The system is functioning as it should. The system is predicated on an educated, informed populace. When our populace is uninformed, uneducated, denies science, denies facts, denies verbatim quotes and embraces bigotry... then this is what you get. The populace is the problem. Garbage in. Garbage out.

+1+1+1+1+1+1

"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored". ~Aldous Huxley

+1+1+1+1+1+1

Careful. Cronyism permeates both political aisles. That is a fact. There is indeed a corruption of the system as it pertains to special interests, lobbying, and cronyism that is absolutely a problem in the system.

The system is not functioning as it should. The way you've spun it makes it sound nice as a knockout punch to Trump, sure. But it's a misrepresentation of reality.

+1+1+1+1+1+1

Careful. Cronyism permeates both political aisles. That is a fact. There is indeed a corruption of the system as it pertains to special interests, lobbying, and cronyism that is absolutely a problem in the system.

The system is not functioning as it should. The way you've spun it makes it sound nice as a knockout punch to Trump, sure. But it's a misrepresentation of reality.

I wasn't talking about cronyism. I never denied that it existed on both sides of the aisle. Not sure how you got that from my post.

I was talking about the uneducated, ignorant, bigoted populace that denies facts and science resulting in the election at hand.

Most people have no idea what labor statistics mean, what net immigration is, how carbon levels in the atmosphere are measured, how many Justices are on the Supreme Court, how a bill becomes a law, or even who their representative from Congress is. But darnit they're just sure that global warming is a hoax and all the brown folks are takin' all the good jobs. When you have an ignorant and bigoted populace, you get ignorant and bigoted representation.

• Fire 1

Trump may hurt some peoples feelings and will certainly be a lesson for every parent on how not to treat women but HRC will do her best to weaken the Constitution. Bill would certainly enjoy being the First Gigolo.

I've heard the same talk about Obama weakening the Constitution and weakening America and just generally being an awful leader, but I can't get people to give me any real specifics, especially in comparison to where we were in 2008 under Bush and a Republican controlled Congress.

Donald Trump has literally vowed to break-up the Constitution throughout his campaign, to rousing cheers from people who pretend to hold the document sacred.

I don't recall a single Constitutional provision Hillary has set out to undermine in her career.

Oh. About that Second Amendment. There's a Donald Trump ad currently running — paid for by the NRA — which claims that Hillary Clinton doesn't want women to have guns, suggesting they will be raped, robbed or killed by unseen intruders if Trump doesn't defeat her.

Fun Fact: during Obama's reelection campaign the President actually had a 100% NRA approval rating according to its own metrics, because he had never lifted a finger on behalf of gun control. Wayne LaPierre quickly spread the word that this was a trick: Obama was secretly laying in wait for a second-term, when he and the black helicopters planned to come for your guns. I was on an NRA call list for a few years and had a super pleasant fund-raiser open her pitch: "hey there! I think one thing we can agree on is that Hillary Clinton is the most dangerous threat to our freedom and our guns."

Obama and Clinton have been great for NRA fund-raising and ludicrous fear-mongering. But you know....f#*k Wayne LaPierre. He would know America if it bit him on the ass.

Not dumping all this on you, Toni. Just happened to grab your post for my rant.

• Fire 2

Trump may hurt some peoples feelings and will certainly be a lesson for every parent on how not to treat women but HRC will do her best to weaken the Constitution. Bill would certainly enjoy being the First Gigolo.

I've heard the same talk about Obama weakening the Constitution and weakening America and just generally being an awful leader, but I can't get people to give me any real specifics, especially in comparison to where we were in 2008 under Bush and a Republican controlled Congress.

Maybe they can't, but only by way of the fact that they don't pay attention. A theme in this thread, honestly.

Obama's exacerbation of Bush's woes via The Patriot Act and the drone program are the first that come to mind (an egregious trampling of 4th Amendment rights, to be specific).

• Fire 1

Maybe they can't, but only by way of the fact that they don't pay attention. A theme in this thread, honestly.

Obama's exacerbation of Bush's woes via The Patriot Act and the drone program are the first that come to mind (an egregious trampling of 4th Amendment rights, to be specific).

The USA Freedom act is a modified version of the Patriot Act which passed through a Republican House and a Republican Senate before being signed by Obama; how is that "his"?

Secondly, the drone program is not short of critics. Ironically, the people who cheer the most about "bombing them", and taking out terror targets without discretion tend to support Trump. So if this in an example of overstepping the Constitution that Trump supporters are outraged over, you'll have to excuse me while I try to control my giggles. :)

• Fire 1

I'm a Ron Paul man myself. My Lancaster County voter registration card says 'Republican' solely because Ron (in 2012) and Rand (this year) ran as Republicans.

We'll go with this - Obama is essentially on the same level as Bush as it pertains to violating Constitutional rights. How's that?

I'm a Ron Paul man myself. My Lancaster County voter registration card says 'Republican' solely because Ron (in 2012) and Rand (this year) ran as Republicans.

We'll go with this - Obama is essentially on the same level as Bush as it pertains to violating Constitutional rights. How's that?

Fair enough. I actually think that is Guy Chamberlain's point.

Donald Trump has literally vowed to break-up the Constitution throughout his campaign, to rousing cheers from people who pretend to hold the document sacred.

I don't recall a single Constitutional provision Hillary has set out to undermine in her career.