If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Somebody cannot be called a moron (or equivalent) for having a differing opinion from you.

They can if their opinion is wrong.

Huh? That literally makes no sense, that can be explained basically in an "opinion circle" type of argument. Meaning, that's their opinion, and it's your opinion that their opinion is wrong, and etc.

So an example would be, "X person has the opinion that Donald Trump would be a better President." You have explained you think he's a terrible person and wouldn't be a good president. So based on what you're saying you take your opinion as fact compared to their's and since in your mind their opinion is wrong they are now a moron? Or am I missing something here?

What didn't I get from your post? Anything of substance. Actual answers to the questions I've asked, which should be pretty simple to provide.

You spent 20 minutes typing excuses for why you won't back up your statement instead of five minutes finding quotes where "Trump supporters are being bashed on HuskerBoard."

That's another opinion I suppose, still doesn't explain why you're bring me up in a post that has nothing to do with me. But I digress..........

I reiterated your good advice not to twist words. If you prefer I do that without mentioning that you, wisely, advised not to do that, I can.

You know exactly what you were doing, I'd prefer it if you'd just stop with the games and move on with your life, but you can't seem to do that at this point. Can I prove that? No, I can't, but I'm not a moron like you think I am and I know exactly what you meant. I'm trying to move the discussion forward and you keep taking it back. If you don't like my explanation that's fine, but some how I'll manage to move on with my day whether you like my opinion on the matter or not.

Huh? That literally makes no sense, that can be explained basically in an "opinion circle" type of argument. Meaning, that's their opinion, and it's your opinion that their opinion is wrong, and etc.

If it's really someone's opinion that 2+2=5, or that we never went to the moon, or that Elvis is still alive, or that whites are a superior race, or whatever, it's not that it's my opinion that they're wrong - it's that factually, they are mistaken.

What didn't I get from your post? Anything of substance. Actual answers to the questions I've asked, which should be pretty simple to provide.

You spent 20 minutes typing excuses for why you won't back up your statement instead of five minutes finding quotes where "Trump supporters are being bashed on HuskerBoard."

That's another opinion I suppose, still doesn't explain why you're bring me up in a post that has nothing to do with me. But I digress..........

I reiterated your good advice not to twist words. If you prefer I do that without mentioning that you, wisely, advised not to do that, I can.

You know exactly what you were doing, I'd prefer it if you'd just stop with the games and move on with your life, but you can't seem to do that at this point. Can I prove that? No, I can't, but I'm not a moron like you think I am and I know exactly what you meant. I'm trying to move the discussion forward and you keep taking it back. If you don't like my explanation that's fine, but some how I'll manage to move on with my day whether you like my opinion on the matter or not.

It's amazing how you can read into my posts and see "exactly what I was doing."

You don't like it when people presume things about you. Give me the same courtesy you demand for yourself.

Stop accusing me of "thinking you're a moron" and stop pretending you "know exactly what I mean." You clearly don't.

If you truly are trying to move the conversation forward, stop this petty bickering and answer the very simple questions I've asked you. Or just move on.

If it's really someone's opinion that 2+2=5, or that we never went to the moon, or that Elvis is still alive, or that whites are a superior race, or whatever, it's not that it's my opinion that they're wrong - it's that factually, they are mistaken.

Fair enough, thanks for explaining it further.........Elvis is still alive, true story! :lol:

Interesting results so far. Makes me wonder how many people voting for Clinton are actually voting against trump.

I'm in a state going for Clinton no matter what, so I was going to sit it out.

I may vote for Johnson just to push his results up.

Might as well vote and send a message.

I'm voting against Trump. There's no way on God's green earth I'd vote for Clinton willingly. She's a carpet-bagger, a career politician and hocked up to her eyeballs to corporate interests. Under Clinton we'll have a Big Brother type government with basic, solid citizens jailed for disagreement. You watch.

The only reason I'm voting for her is that Trump would be worse.

I'm voting against Trump. There's no way on God's green earth I'd vote for Clinton willingly. She's a carpet-bagger, a career politician and hocked up to her eyeballs to corporate interests. Under Clinton we'll have a Big Brother type government with basic, solid citizens jailed for disagreement. You watch.

That is the problem with this election. It's not about who's best, it's about who's worse. Not sure how these clowns got this far in the first place.

If it's really someone's opinion that 2+2=5

That is not an opinion.

Elvis is still alive

Once again, not an opinion.

or that whites are a superior race

Read the MRI thread for more on that :)

What I am trying to get at is that Hillary supporters are calling Trump supporters awful things, and vice versa. Whoever you think would do a better job is an opinion, yes?

That is the problem with this election. It's not about who's best, it's about who's worse. Not sure how these clowns got this far in the first place.

An uneducated electorate, blind belief that "AMERICA IS #1!!!!!" without any knowledge of how the rest of the world does things, apathy, believing the party you were born into is #1 BABY!!!!!! no matter what they do, the belief that your vote doesn't count, lack of proper education in America's school systems, idiot politicians serving their own interests, greed and an inability or unwillingness by a majority of the population to learn how to think critically or apply critical thinking to their daily lives.

• Fire 1

An uneducated electorate, blind belief that "AMERICA IS #1!!!!!" without any knowledge of how the rest of the world does things, apathy, believing the party you were born into is #1 BABY!!!!!! no matter what they do, the belief that your vote doesn't count, lack of proper education in America's school systems, idiot politicians serving their own interests, greed and an inability or unwillingness by a majority of the population to learn how to think critically or apply critical thinking to their daily lives.

I was not even old enough to vote in the republican primary, and I could obviously comprehend everything better than Trump supporters. Now, when I walk into my first election in a couple of weeks, I will be voting on the death penalty issue, the gambling issue, and the presidential candidate on the side of that. It is sad that a good majority of Americans will be unsatisfied with their vote, but they cast it because "they had to do it." I hate us being in this position.

"...or whatever"? How can an unknown something be considered factually false?

And as previously stated, most of your examples are not somebody's opinion but factual inaccuracies. The only one that really can be considered an opinion is your example of whites being a superior race. I don't happen to agree with it but I suppose it depends on what criteria a person is using to determine superiority. Likewise, a person may be of the opinion that Trump would be a better President. That isn't a "wrong" opinion and it is not factually supported as being definitely false. It might be at some point, if he ever became President, but it isn't now. Things that are actually an opinion cannot be right or wrong. If it can be proven with facts, it isn't an opinion. Maybe that is what you were trying to say.