Our oline needs to improve

I thought the o-line struggled big time against Indiana's blitzing yesterday. I know they are struggling with injuries and a lot of inexperienced guys playing, but it was still a struggle.

I know the "playing your best five guys" at o-line that Cav uses and the lack of o-line rotation has been beaten to death. But, one thing I like about an o-line rotation is that it keeps guys fresher throughout the game, and so many injuries can happen when guys get tired (physically and mentally). Oh well, Cav isn't going to change his philosophy.

The offensive line still needs to improve to even have a chance against Wisconsin and Ohio state.

That is why they hire coaches and schedule practices.

At the very least, let's not abandon ship until either of these teams actually beat Nebraska. I hate giving up two weeks before the actual kickoff, and there is still one opponent in between Nebraska and Wisconsin.

The offensive line still needs to improve to even have a chance against Wisconsin and Ohio state.

At the very least, let's not abandon ship until either of these teams actually beat Nebraska. I hate giving up two weeks before the actual kickoff, and there is still one opponent in between Nebraska and Wisconsin.

I don't think it's "giving up". Our Oline needs to play better if we are going to beat those two teams. Anyone who is so bias that they don't believe that is sipping the kool-aid too much. Those are two of the better defenses in the nation. Yesterday's O doesn't beat Wisky and OSU.

And no I havnt given up because I will be driving 11 hours one way to support the big red in Madison.

• Fire 1

Not as terrible as this post.

LOL, I think you meant to say "your post", meaning mine. As worded, it actually is commenting about itself.

Words, huh? It can be tough to make them work in a way that conveys the correct message, am I right?

Back to the offensive line: Right now, Nebraska can do little more except put their best, patched up version of a line out on the field and keep trying. That effort has been dominating at times and sometimes "good enough"...but "good enough" is good enough, hence the 6-0 record that isn't should be enjoyed by many Cornhusker fans.

Injuries have been hard on the line, but they have fought tooth and nail to give Nebraska's skilled positions a chance to win the game, or in this case, having the defense play a big part in winning. Right now, it doesn't look like Nebraska will get ahead of the injuries, since it seems that they are occurring faster than the healing. That can't be helped.

The good news: The offensive line fought off some pretty good defensive line play. What they do against even better defensive lines coming up will depend on how much their past experiences and further coaching improves them before those meetings. Nothing I or anyone else on this forum will add to or subtract from the upcoming matchups, so why not just hope for the best and be glad this team is 6-0?

This^ no other way around it.

I don't think it's "giving up". Our Oline needs to play better if we are going to beat those two teams. Anyone who is so bias that they don't believe that is sipping the kool-aid too much. Those are two of the better defenses in the nation. Yesterday's O doesn't beat Wisky and OSU.

And no I havnt given up because I will be driving 11 hours one way to support the big red in Madison.

but we didn't play Wisconsin yesterday and what we did did beat Indiana. Does Clemson's offensive performance yesterday win them the game against Louisville? No, but it was 2 different games, 2 different opponents, and the team responded differently in each situation. To think this offensive performance is indicative of future performances with the injuries we have is silly imo
  • Fire 1

but we didn't play Wisconsin yesterday and what we did did beat Indiana. Does Clemson's offensive performance yesterday win them the game against Louisville? No, but it was 2 different games, 2 different opponents, and the team responded differently in each situation. To think this offensive performance is indicative of future performances with the injuries we have is silly imo
Edit: Nvrm. Too much kool-aid here. Knew shouldn't have posted. Guess we'll find out in two weeks, we'll find out on a lot of things.

GBR!

Edit: Nvrm. Too much kool-aid here. Knew shouldn't have posted. Guess we'll find out in two weeks, we'll find out on a lot of things.

GBR!

I'm not saying that the oline is good to go but if I remember it was a work in progress up until Michigan state game last year, started to gel and finished the year strong. So excuse me if I am optimistic that the players and coaches can improve and play well, I know it's such a shocker
  • Fire 1

Guess you don't know how online forums work.

I have a working knowledge of the English language and understand the word "this". I was able to decipher your post, but since it had no other value than trying to stir sh!t up with me, I obliged your intent then and am obliging it now.

SO...

Do you have anything you want to say about Nebraska's offensive line play or should we continue with this subplot of jackassery?

• Fire 2

I think i noticed Wis D wearing down late in the 3rd quarter. Which would work well for us, if we stay close till then. Our O-Line had their hands full, that's for sure.

Indiana's D is no where close, to what I watched in the OSU game. Some more healthy bodies would sure help. Tommy needs some time to execute, and Wis is going to be a real test for this O-Line, but first we have to take care of Purdue.

GBR!!!

Tommy is a good qb, newby and ozigbo are good backs and we have an elite wr Corp. I feel our oline is holding us back from being an elite offense.

Or Tommy's inability to throw outlet passes is allowing them to pressure him every time.
bet Ryker Fyfe could make those throws.

Side note: I do think TA is by far the better overall player

Tommy is a good qb, newby and ozigbo are good backs and we have an elite wr Corp. I feel our oline is holding us back from being an elite offense.

Or Tommy's inability to throw outlet passes is allowing them to pressure him every time.

Yeah, but making those throws to get the pressure off you is meant to set you up for what you do well......see where this is going? Are we really comparing Armstrong with Fyfe?

Yeah, but making those throws to get the pressure off you is meant to set you up for what you do well......see where this is going? Are we really comparing Armstrong with Fyfe?
I can compare the two

Arm strength- TA>RF

Accuracy- TA<RF

Running ability- TA>RF

YOLO bombs- TA>RF

Not sure if that last one is a negative or positive but I think Fyfe has strengths that can be utilized for a game plan as well. That game plan looks way different than Tommy's but I can assure you those throws can set up plays that Fyfe can execute as well. Good lord everyone acts like Ryker Fyfe is a waterboy we grabbed from the opposing sideline to be our backup.

I want to make it clear I think Armstrong is the better player, but I have some faith that Fyfe does some things better than Armstrong. The sum of his parts is not equal to TA as a whole but some of his parts are a little better than some of TAs and I think those strengths could still be utilized to win games, albeit in a different way.