Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here

Nope. Sometimes, you read stuff and it doesn't make any sense, even if you slow down and reread it several times. Sometimes, there is no point that is germane or logical to the discussion at hand. For example:

We have now officially brought in "Kaz beats his wife" to prove that, all the way back on page one, Pelini shouldn't be a head coach...because everybody knows wife beating and toxic locker rooms are hand in glove. We might even make a case that Pelini is responsible for Kaz beating his wife if we follow the same chain of logic, right?

I really can't put together something to refute this. I don't think I even want to try.

. Have a nice. You do it to yourself. Have a nice day. Your comments in the Rose Ivy thread say all that needs to be said.

Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes.

Maybe they had no confidence in their present coaches by that time. How many games did the players see p!ssed away by that time?

What did Banker say about the mass desertion of a two deep defensive line and the firing of Hank Hughes? Was that all Pelini's toxicity? Banker didn't even know who was staying and who was leaving after last year:

Defensive coordinator Mark Banker didn't know that McMullen had left the program. "What has he done and what's his decision?" Banker asked reporters when asked him about McMullen. After reporters told him what Riley had said, Banker responded "to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't had a conversation with him and that was news to me as far as any kind of decision."

Greg McMullen: " I don't badmouth anybody. But I have never talked to him. I've seen him, tried to speak to him. Nothing ever really resonated. Coach John Parrella has been there a few weeks, and we probably talked six, seven, eight times over the last few weeks. Same with Coach Riley. Coach Banker has been there over a year, and I never even saw him, never received a text, a call, anything."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/greg-mcmullen-quits-football-kevin-williams-will-transfer-from-nebraska/article_06030d1a-0416-11e6-96df-03d803356493.html

Riley actually addressed this issue in a video linked on this board. He talked about how as a head coach he can't talk to 140 guys and get to know all of them, so they spread that out among all of the coaches. From that, I'd assume that Banker probably can't keep up with the entire defense by himself, so that responsibility is likely shared amongst the defensive staff. I'd hazard a guess and say this is probably one area that this staff handles differently than the last staff.

In this thread. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80721-mike-riley-monday-press-conference/

Rumor is Bo will be on Purdue sideline this Saturday in a "tryout" as new Purdue head coach. They want to see how he can do before officially offering.

Is that even legal considering he's currently under contract to YSU?

Ha ha! That's not going to happen. Bet anything that rumor originated from some NU fans. :lol:

• Fire 1

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show

I didn't know that there was a restraining order that prevented this. Is this the same thing as saying grandma can't see the kids after the divorce?

there isnt. As long as hes not coaching for another program. Which he wasnt. so no doing it was not wrong. and again, your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here. Because no one said it was wrong for him to do so. the debate is whether or not he, within that contact, furthered a divide.

There was an article out at some point last season saying the old coaches in contact were talking sh#t about the new coaches to the current players. Unfortunately I have no recollection of what that article was. It was other people close to the program who were saying this or maybe a couple of the players said it. Don't remember that detail either.

You are correct Kaz was acting like a female dog and was talking sh#t about the new staff. That was part of the divide that happened last year and those guys left, which is a big reason why this team is able to pull out the close games. They don't have players that don't care or are not putting full effort because they don't want to play for this staff. Team unity and a solid locker room is the foundation of a winning program/team and you see why with the results on the field this year vs last year.

Kazinski was in contact with players after. hell. he admitted it such on a radio show

I didn't know that there was a restraining order that prevented this. Is this the same thing as saying grandma can't see the kids after the divorce?

there isnt. As long as hes not coaching for another program. Which he wasnt. so no doing it was not wrong. and again, your lack of reading comprehension has COMPLETELY missed the point here. Because no one said it was wrong for him to do so. the debate is whether or not he, within that contact, furthered a divide.

There was an article out at some point last season saying the old coaches in contact were talking sh#t about the new coaches to the current players. Unfortunately I have no recollection of what that article was. It was other people close to the program who were saying this or maybe a couple of the players said it. Don't remember that detail either.

You are correct Kaz was acting like a female dog and was talking sh#t about the new staff. That was part of the divide that happened last year and those guys left, which is a big reason why this team is able to pull out the close games. They don't have players that don't care or are not putting full effort because they don't want to play for this staff. Team unity and a solid locker room is the foundation of a winning program/team and you see why with the results on the field this year vs last year.

I

Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes.

Maybe they had no confidence in their present coaches by that time. How many games did the players see p!ssed away by that time?

What did Banker say about the mass desertion of a two deep defensive line and the firing of Hank Hughes? Was that all Pelini's toxicity? Banker didn't even know who was staying and who was leaving after last year:

Defensive coordinator Mark Banker didn't know that McMullen had left the program. "What has he done and what's his decision?" Banker asked reporters when asked him about McMullen. After reporters told him what Riley had said, Banker responded "to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't had a conversation with him and that was news to me as far as any kind of decision."

Greg McMullen: " I don't badmouth anybody. But I have never talked to him. I've seen him, tried to speak to him. Nothing ever really resonated. Coach John Parrella has been there a few weeks, and we probably talked six, seven, eight times over the last few weeks. Same with Coach Riley. Coach Banker has been there over a year, and I never even saw him, never received a text, a call, anything."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/greg-mcmullen-quits-football-kevin-williams-will-transfer-from-nebraska/article_06030d1a-0416-11e6-96df-03d803356493.html

Riley actually addressed this issue in a video linked on this board. He talked about how as a head coach he can't talk to 140 guys and get to know all of them, so they spread that out among all of the coaches. From that, I'd assume that Banker probably can't keep up with the entire defense by himself, so that responsibility is likely shared amongst the defensive staff. I'd hazard a guess and say this is probably one area that this staff handles differently than the last staff.

In this thread. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/80721-mike-riley-monday-press-conference/

Good point.

As a DC, he's essentially the head coach of the defense. More of a CEO type. His opportunity to have more personable relationships with everyone would hbe hard to do. He's another thing. Last year, Banker never had any individual position duties. McBride did back in the day. So did Bohl. I believe Cosgrove did. Carl and Papuchis did. And as far as Bo, everyone knows he had a big big hand in defense. I can see where these guys could be seen as more personable. And with Bo, it's also a factor to consider as to why there was a trend with the issues of transfers and effort and such being mostly on the defensive, if not all. These probably had a much more deeper relationship with Bo, making the whole situation tougher for them. Just somethign to think about in the maze of psychology.

No it wasnt. But again, no one has said it was all. But it certainly was a factor in the midst of several factors of a tough situation of a divisive coaching change to begin with. Anyone can come into a lockerroom and garner full buy in of a team that went 5-7 the prior getting their fact kicked in. Hell, look at Illinois last year. Changed coaches just days before the season and they went out and won football games. It was a fresh change from something that everyone knew wasnt working. But to win X amount of games everyyear, and seemingly be convinced that that was good enough, and to have a biased opinion of such coach becaues youre up close with the guy. Well, it makes it difficult on the new guys. it was tough on Callahan. It was tough on Riley. Bo had it easy. And the bottom line is, that when leaving Bo did nothing to help, and only poured fuel on a fire.

Again. This is the last time im saying this. The issues werent ALL because of Pelini and divisiveness. this maybe the 46th time ive said this. But it was definitely a factor. Along with questionable decisions by the new coaches and huge changes in systems. And inability of players to immediately buy in (which is understandable cuz of the dynamics i described abve). So please stop with "heh. doesnt look like it was all Bo's fault. bla bla bla". The tools coming here and saying that doent know sh#t and dont read sh#t.

Someone should tell Osborne that you can't know everyone on your roster, including your 2-deep.

Silly.

People still equate wins with effort. It's funny. If NU loses MSU like it could have for a number of reasons, people would have said it was a lack of effort. If we beat BYU, no one would be claiming effort.

And now, this year, even though NU is far more talented than anyone it's struggled to beat, people are claiming we are seeing so much more effort from the team. The "switch flipped."

It's reductive reasoning and it's wrong minded player blamining for a staff that is career .500 registering another .500 season.

Purdue wasn't the result of a lack of effort. It was the result of one of the worst gameplans I've seen employed by a Husker team. Same with Illinois.

• Fire 1

People still equate wins with effort. It's funny. If NU loses MSU like it could have for a number of reasons, people would have said it was a lack of effort. If we beat BYU, no one would be claiming effort.

And now, this year, even though NU is far more talented than anyone it's struggled to beat, people are claiming we are seeing so much more effort from the team. The "switch flipped."

It's reductive reasoning and it's wrong minded player blamining for a staff that is career .500 registering another .500 season.

Purdue wasn't the result of a lack of effort. It was the result of one of the worst gameplans I've seen employed by a Husker team. Same with Illinois.

I wouldntve. But i know football. Like a lot of folks here. if you know anything, it shoulda been pretty clear that night, that things were far different than the prior weeks.

I guess I dont get it. you spew this stuff, pretend to know sports. Know the game, yet everything you say completely goes against any assumption that you actually watch

And the purdue comment? Again. you dont listen. players and coaches all week have been preaching about that game being a turning point and being by far the worst effort in this staff's time here.

No one is player blaiming exlusively. it's a concerted effort. What's happening is some guys are trying to get others to understand that the players arent completely absolved of any responsiblity. Coaches coach. players play. Even stars from your bonor Osborne days say this. For someone who has sucha jones for everything Osborne did, including the way he tied his shoes, you sure seem pretty ignorant of a lot of intangible dynamics that he established.

considering Oregon State is an all time .480 program, .500 is over achieving. And NFL success or lack thereof doesn't tell you alot about college success
  • Fire 1