Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

Riley spent half of the first season here cleaning out a toxic locker room

Any links to substantiate this, or should I file this right next to the "The cupboard was bare when Riley arrived" urban legend?

Don't have a link but I recall a number of players saying a significant percentage of the team wasn't buying into the new coaches until sometime after the Purdue game. I think Gerry said this, among others.

Any links to substantiate this, or should I file this right next to the "The cupboard was bare when Riley arrived" urban legend?

Watch the games from 2015. That's all you have to do. lack of effort? LOL. Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes. you think Armstrong was all in against iowa? With the constant rogue play and his sideline antics with Langsdorf? i hate to revisit that, cuz Armstrong has done a fabulous job of getting right and making necessary and positive changes. He's obviously become more coacheable. But it's necessary to make the point. We had guys who's heart wasnt in it. hence why some left when they didnt have to. One gave up football. One transferred to a rival school. 2 went to the NFL. One of which was told by EVERYBODY it was a mistake. Any fault on the coaches? Hughes? Sure. That would qualify as "toxic lockerroom" yes? Watch Nate Gerry film from this year and 2014. Then watch last year prior to the Mich St game. Then try to tell me he was giving a sh#t last year. it goes all they way back to his lack of passion on the BYU hail mary. And all this does and add proof to the widely used notion that there were some serious changes made after that Purdue loss. Cuz we've lost one game since.

I'll also add that it's something Im not heavily angry about. Sure it affected our performance, and i'd be mad about losing. so id come on here and rant and rave to defend the coaches. But at the end of the day, it has to be a very understandable situation when you look at all that had happened. I always thought that maybe Bo was too much more of a friend and/or father figure than a football coach. i think it's a tough balance to find. i know guys always talk about father figure and all like with Osborne, but i also think there has to be a balance. you dont wanna be to far on either end of the spectrum. term was always "theyd run through a wall for him" and i'd answer "great. Why cant they run through a ball carrier?"

Watch the games from 2015. That's all you have to do. lack of effort? LOL. Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes. you think Armstrong was all in against iowa? With the constant rogue play and his sideline antics with Langsdorf? i hate to revisit that, cuz Armstrong has done a fabulous job of getting right and making necessary and positive changes. He's obviously become more coacheable. But it's necessary to make the point. We had guys who's heart wasnt in it. hence why some left when they didnt have to. One gave up football. One transferred to a rival school. 2 went to the NFL. One of which was told by EVERYBODY it was a mistake. Any fault on the coaches? Hughes? Sure. That would qualify as "toxic lockerroom" yes? Watch Nate Gerry film from this year and 2014. Then watch last year prior to the Mich St game. Then try to tell me he was giving a sh#t last year. it goes all they way back to his lack of passion on the BYU hail mary. And all this does and add proof to the widely used notion that there were some serious changes made after that Purdue loss. Cuz we've lost one game since.

I agree with all of this, except I'm not sure Armstrong's performance in the Iowa game was a result of not buying in. There was, after all, a police investigation taking place the week before the game regarding an incident that took place at his house. Sure, he was not the suspect, but it HAD to be a very serious distraction.

I agree with all of this, except I'm not sure Armstrong's performance in the Iowa game was a result of not buying in. There was, after all, a police investigation taking place the week before the game regarding an incident that took place at his house. Sure, he was not the suspect, but it HAD to be a very serious distraction.

good opint. completely forgot about that. But im gonna stand on my premise mostly because of the really bad looking interactions with Langsdorf (or just lack thereof) on the sideline at multiple points in that game. Armstrong was not coacheable that day. there were plays that proved. That game was his lowopint. But look how he and the coaches have responded since.

good opint. completely forgot about that. But im gonna stand on my premise mostly because of the really bad looking interactions with Langsdorf (or just lack thereof) on the sideline at multiple points in that game. Armstrong was not coacheable that day. there were plays that proved. That game was his lowopint. But look how he and the coaches have responded since.

I hear what you are saying, but the coaches aren't blameless for Armstrong's play last year. Armstrong is probably thinking "Man, get me some plays that go to my strengths" and Langsdorf and Riley weren't doing that last year. Now this year, they are doing that, and the results have been mostly positive.

Speculation turns to next Purdue coach

By Nathan Baird 6:58 p.m. EDT October 17, 2016 Lafayette Journal & Courier

LINK

Here's a synopsis of the article for you:

Blah, blah, blahLes Milesblah, blah, blahBrock Spackblah, blah, blahP.J. Fleckblah, blah, blahRod Careyblah, blah, blahTroy Calhounblah, blah, blahTim Drevnblah, blah, blahMike Sanfordblah, blah, blahBud Fosterblah, blah, blahDave Arandablah, blah, blahEd Orgeron.

Ten names mentioned. None of them are Bo Pelini. Just sayin.. :lol:

• Fire 3
That would qualify as "toxic lockerroom" yes?

Except it wasn't a locker room under Bo Pelini. He was gone by then.

It was up to Riley to take ownership of the team at that point and show them that they could be successful under him and his staff. He didn't show that last year, time and again. I have a list, if needed...

Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes.

Maybe they had no confidence in their present coaches by that time. How many games did the players see p!ssed away by that time?

What did Banker say about the mass desertion of a two deep defensive line and the firing of Hank Hughes? Was that all Pelini's toxicity? Banker didn't even know who was staying and who was leaving after last year:

Defensive coordinator Mark Banker didn't know that McMullen had left the program. "What has he done and what's his decision?" Banker asked reporters when asked him about McMullen. After reporters told him what Riley had said, Banker responded "to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't had a conversation with him and that was news to me as far as any kind of decision."
Greg McMullen: " I don't badmouth anybody. But I have never talked to him. I've seen him, tried to speak to him. Nothing ever really resonated. Coach John Parrella has been there a few weeks, and we probably talked six, seven, eight times over the last few weeks. Same with Coach Riley. Coach Banker has been there over a year, and I never even saw him, never received a text, a call, anything."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/greg-mcmullen-quits-football-kevin-williams-will-transfer-from-nebraska/article_06030d1a-0416-11e6-96df-03d803356493.html

It was up to Riley to take ownership of the team at that point and show them that they could be successful under him and his staff. He didn't show that last year, time and again. I have a list, if needed...

So you're choosing to ignore the fact that Bo basically told the players on his way out that being at Nebraska sucks. Then he and or members of his staff kept in contact with players last year and furthered the divide.

We're just ignoring this? Okay then.

oh yes. All the questionable end-of-game decisions. The low hanging fruit, last 6 seconds of a 60 minute game while ignoring the rest of it scenarios. Yes. Everyone knows about these.

As far as the bold. yeah. thats the point. it was toxic last year. THAT'S THE POINT. it doesnt matter who or what's to blame. All the circumstances led to it.

Again. reading comprehension sucks.

Banker's confirmed it twice that the Purdue game was the worst effort since these guy have been here. It doesnt take a genius or a player coming out and saying "yeah, we dont give a sh#t" for ppl to know. Just watch and trust your eyes.

Maybe they had no confidence in their present coaches by that time. How many games did the players see p!ssed away by that time?

What did Banker say about the mass desertion of a two deep defensive line and the firing of Hank Hughes? Was that all Pelini's toxicity? Banker didn't even know who was staying and who was leaving after last year:

Defensive coordinator Mark Banker didn't know that McMullen had left the program. "What has he done and what's his decision?" Banker asked reporters when asked him about McMullen. After reporters told him what Riley had said, Banker responded "to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't had a conversation with him and that was news to me as far as any kind of decision."

Greg McMullen: " I don't badmouth anybody. But I have never talked to him. I've seen him, tried to speak to him. Nothing ever really resonated. Coach John Parrella has been there a few weeks, and we probably talked six, seven, eight times over the last few weeks. Same with Coach Riley. Coach Banker has been there over a year, and I never even saw him, never received a text, a call, anything."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/greg-mcmullen-quits-football-kevin-williams-will-transfer-from-nebraska/article_06030d1a-0416-11e6-96df-03d803356493.html

If they had no confidence in the coaches then how do you explain this years turn around?

What's changed? doesnt seem to be an issue right now? Let's see. Who's gone. Pretty much everyone returned except what? Mcmullen? Valentine? Collins? Alex Lewis? (lol. he was real treat)

Seriously. even in those losses. maybe some blame can be put on the players. it's not all the coach's fault there wasnt buy in. It wasnt all players' fault. And it was a toxic situation.

how do you lose two NFL starting DT's in the same year, and the defense doesnt take a step back and is actually better?