Coaches poll

There's another way to look at it. A team plays like crap for half of every game but still manages to win by 15.Maybe they're actually better than what they've shown?

Maybe the top teams, like Ohio State for instance, are way overhyped? Maybe Purdue ,who everyone thought was a doormat, is not nearly as bad as people said?

​This is why we go ahead and play the game.

• Fire 1

There's another way to look at it. A team plays like crap for half of every game but still manages to win by 15.Maybe they're actually better than what they've shown?

Maybe the top teams, like Ohio State for instance, are way overhyped? Maybe Purdue ,who everyone thought was a doormat, is not nearly as bad as people said?

​This is why we go ahead and play the game.

I believe all of this is relatively true
  • Fire 1

If Nebraska were to remain undefeated up to and including the Big 10 championship, how far do you think we could rise? #3 or even as far as #2?

missed that last part. If we win the Big Ten Championship we would be either #2 behind Bama or #1 in my opinion. We would have the best wins, especially if we caught an undefeated Michigan in the BTC. Wins over a (records at the end of the regular season) 12-0 Michigan 10-2 Ohio State and a 9-3 Wisconsin would be a fantastic resume

No.

If Nebraska were to remain undefeated up to and including the Big 10 championship, how far do you think we could rise? #3 or even as far as #2?

missed that last part. If we win the Big Ten Championship we would be either #2 behind Bama or #1 in my opinion. We would have the best wins, especially if we caught an undefeated Michigan in the BTC. Wins over a (records at the end of the regular season) 12-0 Michigan 10-2 Ohio State and a 9-3 Wisconsin would be a fantastic resume

No.

So if alabama loses and we win out you don't think we have any chance at the top spot? That's ridiculous to think imo we would have the best resume or very close to it

Thanks, dont know why Coaches poll get's posted as coaches long ago have said they have no time to watch teams outside their divisions. AP guys at least watch the games and it shows in their rankings.

The first 5 slots are identical. The next 3 teams are the same, just a different order. The next 2 teams are switched. Wisconsin is the same in both. Slots 12-14 same teams, different order, as is 15-17 and 19-21. Tennessee is 18 in both. Navy, Colorado and VTech are the same in both polls. The only real difference is Houston in one and Penn St in the other at #24

Seems pretty consistant to me

So other then ALL the differences it's the same, yea ok. Besides they differ even more week to week, and the coaches one is always further off from a more logical perception. They may not matter as much but they still hold some sway on how conferences and teams are viewed.

Probably any of the current top 4 remaining undefeated would keep them ahead of us. We'd jump them if they lose.
considering a team ahead of us in the top 4 would have to lose for us to go undefeated through the big 10 title game, I would say this is a possibility. Look if Bama loses to LSU and Michigan wins out, Michigan is #1 headed into the big 10 title game. We would likely be top 4 as well being undefeated and all. If we beat #1 Michiganto finish undefeated I highly doubt any team is put ahead of us.

I get what you all are saying but to me, an undefeated Big 10 Champ, regardless of if it's us or Michigan, is no lower than 3 but would more likely be 2-1 depending on Alabama.

Win ugly. Who cares. Coaches are doing the voting. The obviously see something in us. I wish the team would embrace the faith exhibited by voting coaches and start playing like the #6 team. i.e. sold 4 quarters, beat teams down.... But as I started, I'll take the wins. Helps with recruiting, national perception, buy in (staff/team/fans)

No.

So if alabama loses and we win out you don't think we have any chance at the top spot? That's ridiculous to think imo we would have the best resume or very close to it

You didn't say anything about Alabama losing, so I assumed you meant if both teams won out. Nebraska would definitely not jump Alabama if both are undefeated.

This is a very wild dream! We should be concerned about the next game .... and only the next game.

We are not on the team. If I want, I can dream up the scenario where we win national championships in 2017, 2018, and 2019, getting our first ever 3-peat. And it wouldn't affect the outcome of the Wisconsin game.

Probably any of the current top 4 remaining undefeated would keep them ahead of us. We'd jump them if they lose.
considering a team ahead of us in the top 4 would have to lose for us to go undefeated through the big 10 title game, I would say this is a possibility. Look if Bama loses to LSU and Michigan wins out, Michigan is #1 headed into the big 10 title game. We would likely be top 4 as well being undefeated and all. If we beat #1 Michiganto finish undefeated I highly doubt any team is put ahead of us.

I get what you all are saying but to me, an undefeated Big 10 Champ, regardless of if it's us or Michigan, is no lower than 3 but would more likely be 2-1 depending on Alabama.

My gut feeling is that Louisville is #1 because that Heisman QB they have is ridiculous. You're right though if it shakes out that way.