NBA 2016-17

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

Who is your MVP pick?

Obviously Westbrook leads the media MVP race but I think other players make a case for sure.

He would be on my ballet along with

James Harden

LeBron James

Kawhi Leonard

Giannis Antetokoumpo

Ultimately, I would select Harden because when it comes to points and assists he is out doing Westbrook and is nearly on record pace for most points contributed a game via points scored and assists. I don't think the rebounds are that important when comparing him against Westbrook. Harden still gets boards and I think Westbrooks rebound numbers are a little inflated.

Very tight race because I really think both LeBron and Kawhi are also deserving if it wasn't for 2 historic seasons by Westbrook and Harden. Westbrook will probably win because he did break a record that people are very fixated on and for good reason, and he is very important to his team as it seems like he needs to get a triple double for the Thunder to win. But ultimately I think Harden is just as vital on a better team and that should mean something in my eyes.

Edit: an article on Hardens MVP case I just found

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-case-for-james-harden-mvp/?addata=espn:frontpage

Who is your MVP pick?

Obviously Westbrook leads the media MVP race but I think other players make a case for sure.

He would be on my ballet along with

James Harden

LeBron James

Kawhi Leonard

Giannis Antetokoumpo

Ultimately, I would select Harden because when it comes to points and assists he is out doing Westbrook and is nearly on record pace for most points contributed a game via points scored and assists. I don't think the rebounds are that important when comparing him against Westbrook. Harden still gets boards and I think Westbrooks rebound numbers are a little inflated.

Very tight race because I really think both LeBron and Kawhi are also deserving if it wasn't for 2 historic seasons by Westbrook and Harden. Westbrook will probably win because he did break a record that people are very fixated on and for good reason, and he is very important to his team as it seems like he needs to get a triple double for the Thunder to win. But ultimately I think Harden is just as vital on a better team and that should mean something in my eyes.

Edit: an article on Hardens MVP case I just found

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-case-for-james-harden-mvp/?addata=espn:frontpage

If you don't get Russell Westbrook MVP, history repeats itself. That cannot happen in the NBA as the warriors gave up the first 3-1 lead ever in an NBA finals game. Therefore Russell Westbrook will win MVP this year. The big O did not win MVP when he averaged a triple double back in the day if I remember reading that correctly.

My main argument for Harden and against Westbrook is before the season, Vegas and everyone else pegged Houston to finish behind Oklahoma City this season. Come seasons end and Oklahoma City is right at where Vegas had them. Houston however is sitting 12 wins above the preseason line with 2 games to go. They have the 3 seed and are legitimate title contenders.

Not only that but Harden is the focal point of one of the top 10 most productive offensives in league history. OKC has the 15th offense in the league. Granted Houston isn't leading the league in offense themselves, but it's hard to do that when the Warriors put together the best offensive season ever.

In short, Harden has put together a historic season for a historic team that is vastly over achieving in large part because of him.

• 3 weeks later...