What would make this a successful year?

I figured, at the season's onset, that a division win was necessary...barring major injury troubles. I don't think I was giving Wisconsin much credit, though, to be fair. I think the season's still successful if we finish the regular season with no more than two losses.

I think you were giving MSU too much credit. Most people looked at that thought it was an easy win for MSU over Wisconsin but people seemed to forget that MSU doesn't have an NFL QB anymore...they have a college statue that can't throw.

Before the season started, many of us scoffed at Vegas predicting 8.5 regular season wins. Right now the most likely finish is 9.5, but 7 to 11 is still on the table. Almost anything can still happen, aside from an undefeated season, or a losing season.

I think expectations have been raised through our winning streak. So much so that at this point a 9-3 regular season would seem disappointing to many fans. Not me.

7-5 would be very disappointing. Maybe even hot-seat worthy

8-4 would be a little disappointing due to ending the schedule losing 3 out of 4.

9-3 would be average, IMO. Likely this would include an expected loss to OSU and a 50-50 game loss to Iowa. Not disappointing. Win the bowl and we have real progress as a program. same record as 2003.

anything more would be a major success in my book.

• Fire 1

For me it is already successful. We have seen improvement over last year, actually over the last several years. We see our team developing an attitude that is very encouraging for the future. Would love to see us win out, but if not, continue every game like the first 8 and I will be happy.

First thing you have to do is define success. I find it easier to make a list of goals and determine if they are still within reach:

1. Undefeated - Failed

2. Division Champions: On-track

3. Conference Champions: On-track

4. CFP: On-Track

5. Bowl Eligible: Clinched

It's really the only way to measure success. Set goals, and determine if you've made those goals.

As a fan, I just enjoy watching this husker team. It's been a few years since I've actually cared about the outcome of the game. It's fun watching your team dominate. It's fun watching your team play nail-biters against formidable opponents. We're not dominating yet, but at least we're playing tough teams well. That's all I can ask, as a fan. At the very least, Mike Riley has earned himself some respect, which is a huge step forward for him.

• Fire 1

Im the type of guy that thinks expectations can be changed throughout the season. Before the year started I was thinkin 8-4/9-3 reg season. Indy doubtful, but at least in the race. Competitive in bowl. Now that we are where we are and seeing our team's resiliency, I ahve to say anything less than 10-2 and a trip to Indy is a failure. At this point, that has to be a goal. And at which point, anything's possible.

I figured, at the season's onset, that a division win was necessary...barring major injury troubles. I don't think I was giving Wisconsin much credit, though, to be fair. I think the season's still successful if we finish the regular season with no more than two losses.

I think you were giving MSU too much credit. Most people looked at that thought it was an easy win for MSU over Wisconsin but people seemed to forget that MSU doesn't have an NFL QB anymore...they have a college statue that can't throw.

I get that this is a pet topic of yours but your assumption is incorrect. I didn't think about those kids in East Lansing at all. I simply thought Nebraska would be able to defeat all its division opponents.