Ohio State will honor Sam Foltz Saturday night!

Is all of this starting to make anyone else feel uncomfortable? I have great respect for all these schools who do something, but it's a little strange to me that we look forward to what other teams are going to do for him. I didn't take it as disrespect from Wyoming or Indiana when they didn't have a public display for Sam. I'm sure there were private conversations that took place that mean just as much to the players, coaches, and parents. It just seems like it's getting to the point where schools feel obligated or are trying to one up what has been done before. I'm probably going to get crap for this, but something about it feels weird.

I understand what you are saying. I appreciate what OSU is doing but all of this almost seems like a media ploy which is disappointing and a little disrespectful if that is the case. I'm sure it's not and is a genuine gesture or at least I'd like to think so

Is there a team that hasn't honored Sam this year?

Indiana and/or Wyoming

Kinda shocked Bohl didn't say/do anything. Indiana I could understand--we don't have a history with them in the B1G yet (hard to fathom, but it's true, save for Baseball).

First time playing Indy's football team since joining the Big Ten IIRC.

Is all of this starting to make anyone else feel uncomfortable? I have great respect for all these schools who do something, but it's a little strange to me that we look forward to what other teams are going to do for him. I didn't take it as disrespect from Wyoming or Indiana when they didn't have a public display for Sam. I'm sure there were private conversations that took place that mean just as much to the players, coaches, and parents. It just seems like it's getting to the point where schools feel obligated or are trying to one up what has been done before. I'm probably going to get crap for this, but something about it feels weird.

Nah, just take things for what they're worth, I think we'd all agree the outpouring of support has already exceeded our expectations. I don't blame you for feeling uncomfortable, I think when something tragic like what happened to Foltz goes down their are very few wrong ways to feel about it or others well wishes.

I understand what you are saying. I appreciate what OSU is doing but all of this almost seems like a media ploy which is disappointing and a little disrespectful if that is the case. I'm sure it's not and is a genuine gesture or at least I'd like to think so

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish or ulterior motives...be kind anyway" ~ Mother Theresa

• Fire 1

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish or ulterior motives...be kind anyway" ~ Mother Theresa

I'm not accusing anyone of doing this but there has been alot of media surrounding it all season and it can come off that way.

I don't think OSU is doing this for any other reason than to show their condolences

Look--yeah, some of this stuff may be going overboard, but I'd take this any day over the jack and s*** that the Big XII would have done for us.

If anything, as someone else pointed out, it shows the B1G cares. You have to admit, it's nice to feel wanted and to have your colleagues show they care--haven't had a conference feel that way since the mid 1990s, to be honest...and even that's stretching.

Look--yeah, some of this stuff may be going overboard, but I'd take this any day over the jack and s*** that the Big XII would have done for us.

If anything, as someone else pointed out, it shows the B1G cares. You have to admit, it's nice to feel wanted and to have your colleagues show they care--haven't had a conference feel that way since the mid 1990s, to be honest...and even that's stretching.

Agreed. The Big 12 felt like a by product of geographical location. The B1G feels like more than that and I like it.

Whatever team put flowers on the 27 yard line, that was just the right touch.

Agreed. No one really even noticed they were doing it.

Props to the Buckeyes, really cool stuff. Man, that tribute by the band will be powerful in the stands for those of us there wearing black.

Wearing black? Is that still a thing?

Whatever team put flowers on the 27 yard line, that was just the right touch.

Agreed. No one really even noticed they were doing it.

Props to the Buckeyes, really cool stuff. Man, that tribute by the band will be powerful in the stands for those of us there wearing black.

Wearing black? Is that still a thing?

I'm not wearing red to Ohio State.