Running up the score

It amazes me how pissed off Nebraska fans can be when we don't run up the score but get absolutely butt sore when it happens to us.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. We do not run up the score. We win with class. If we are winning and we are close to scoring, we either take a knee or at least DO NOT GO FOT IT ON FOUTH and FOUR when we are up by 52 points. That is all I am saying. Our fans definitely do not chant "Go for six" when our team is obviously up by 52 points. Is that a fair statement?

You absolutely missed my point

It amazes me how pissed off Nebraska fans can be when we don't run up the score but get absolutely butt sore when it happens to us.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. We do not run up the score. We win with class. If we are winning and we are close to scoring, we either take a knee or at least DO NOT GO FOT IT ON FOUTH and FOUR when we are up by 52 points. That is all I am saying. Our fans definitely do not chant "Go for six" when our team is obviously up by 52 points. Is that a fair statement?
NU scored 22 points on Fresno and 28 points on Wyoming in the 4Qs of won games and that's just this season. You all were notorious for it in the past. Everyone runs up scores. Everyone. If you want a mercy rule go play pop warner.
That is extremely flawed argument. Those games were not over and were very close until the fourth quarter. In fact, Nebraska had a chance to run the score up and they did not. Did you actually watch those games!?

You rationalize worse than a Neo-Nazi visiting Auschwitz.

• Fire 1

NU scored 22 points on Fresno and 28 points on Wyoming in the 4Qs of won games and that's just this season. You all were notorious for it in the past. Everyone runs up scores. Everyone. If you want a mercy rule go play pop warner.

That is extremely flawed argument. Those games were not over and were very close until the fourth quarter. In fact, Nebraska had a chance to run the score up and they did not. Did you actually watch those games!?

You rationalize worse than a Neo-Nazi visiting Auschwitz.

This is the sign for me to stop arguing with you. If you actually can bring Nazis into the discussion then you are a VERY TROUBLED INDIVIDUAL. Goodnight and enjoy seeing Hitler in your dreams.

• Fire 2

yeah, and after a program that just honored our punter who passed away and a fanbase who just chanted the name of our injured QB. it truly is amazing what people wil cry about when they get their ass handed to them 62-3.

You do not honor a team by singing GOODBYE when the game was obviously one-sided, especially if you truly wanted to honor a fallen player. Ohio State's fan base is well known for being horrible. It was uncalled for and I am sure the players agree as well. I am not defending our play today. We were definitely not prepared for this game but we also do not deserve Urban Meyer wanting to get votes by ramming points down our throats and having their fan base disrespect us when they clearly won the game at the first 10 seconds of the second half.
Nebraska fans have sang Goodbye to teams they just pummeled. Numerous times I've heard chants of "CU Later". I realize it's been it's a long time since we were on the right side of that equation but let's not let our disappointment in this ass whooping devolve into calling others classless and bragging about our class. It's not a good look and it's not accurate.

The tOSU team and fanbase are by and large a classy organization. And Urban Meyer is just doing what any good coach should do in this day and age if he wants to get his team back in the playoff picture. Nothing that happened tonight was classless and alternately there was plenty they did that exuded class. May want to cool down for a bit before posting more sour grapes hogwash.

Listen, Excel. You're the worst. You're crooked and you're just a terrible, terrible individual. ok? Don't even get me started on you. You brought Nazi's into the discussion. How dare you. That's like, the worst thing you can do. Ever. Shame.

Actually, he is a pretty classy guy. I vouch for his character.

• Fire 1

Don't mind huskerfan74. He's still butt hurt. He seems to think only Nebraska is allowed to run up the score. I didn't watch the game (thankfully) but congrats anyways.

This program was built on running up the scores on teams like Iowa State and Missouri. Alot of you don't know because you weren't alive in the 70s and 80s but we were beating teams in the Big 8 77-7 on the regular. We got our asses kicked today plain and simple. Get over it.

• Fire 1

Listen, Excel. You're the worst. You're crooked and you're just a terrible, terrible individual. ok? Don't even get me started on you. You brought Nazi's into the discussion. How dare you. That's like, the worst thing you can do. Ever. Shame.

:)

At least they were not Illinois Nazi's, I hate those guys.

• Fire 2

:)

At least they were not Illinois Nazi's, I hate those guys.
Solid reference. Speaking of running up the score, Michigan is so classless! How dare you use trick plays against poor Maryland.
  • Fire 1

It makes no sense to me. I can see the younger fans being a little butthurt about it because they never saw NU at the pinnacle of their success. So they have mainly seen it happen to us, while not knowing that we used to do it almost on a weekly basis.

Back then we would say things like we are using our 2nd,3rd,4th string players, they will run the offense and if XX University can't stop them, then that is their fault for allowing backups to score on them. Well that holds true when we are on the wrong side of one of those ass whippings. It's our job to stop them, we have nobody to blame but ourselves for allowing them to run the score up because we didn't stop them.

• Fire 1