Do the Huskers Bounce Back?

I don't think the team will quit but how much left in the tank can they have? The offensive line has zero depth and is terrible, the starting qb could be out and the defense looks like it has hit a wall. I would guess I would say losses to Minnesota and Iowa and a win vs Maryland.

What have you seen that makes Iowa better than Maryland? Iowa is terrible as well this season.

i think it will come down to which team is healthier and who can get more fired up for the game. with Nebraska's injuries and the fact that they came out flat with their tail between their legs verse Ohio state i think they lose the game. however if they come out fired up and spank Minnesota i will change my mind.

We can certainly beat Minny, Iowa, and Maryland. I think we will. Sure, if Pelini is your benchmark then avoiding a total collapse is a huge accomplishment. But I wouldn't call that a "bounce back." The bounce back we needed was for the team to bounce back against OSU after losing to Wisconsin. Now it makes little difference how we finish as Wisconsin is unlikely to lose to any of its remaining opponents, and we have exposed ourselves as unable to play on the same field as the elites of the conference even if we do back into the CCG for another beatdown.

I think many on here forget OSU came into the game with better athletes top to bottom, and with a chip on their shoulder after their loss. When they started the season, their goal was to win the championship. How many posters on here thought we would win the championship, realistically? Include players and staff. Tommy went down, coaches went into panic mode. Already down big, and our leader was out.

I think we win out regular season in close games.

This is my opinion, feel free to disagree, but I felt our play calling on offense produced this blowout. I don't know exact statistics, but after Tommy went out, it seemed like we went too pass happy, and put our defense in multiple bad situations, against the best offense we have faced all year.

I read a post earlier about running up the score--they didn't do that to us. If their second and third stringers are scoring at will, the blame is on us. They needed a big win after last weeks loss, but also, it was a great opportunity for younger players to get experience in an actual game.

If Tommy is out against Minnesota we will lose next week. If he is healthy it will be a dogfight. Maryland's perimeter run game will give us fits but don't have much of a pass game. Should win that one. Iowa will be a dogfight regardless of either teams record. This game will be for pride for both programs and have no impact on the big ten title game.

I think we win 2 of our next 3 and total 9 wins this season with a 9-4 record.

Much better than last year but here we are again with 9 wins and a national televised meltdown.

Hope we finish strong in recruiting so we can start to break this cycle.

I believe there is a bigger factor then losing Tommy. Listening to the player interviews post game they seemed to shrug off the blowout and maybe as a deflection they pointed out that they can still win 10 games. 9 wins seemed to be their goal for so long they'll probably drop 1 or more likely come up short and lose 2. If they do manage to drop only 1 I'm sure they'll consider the season a great success. Also, unless this attitude changes, I expect more blowouts.

• Fire 1

Worse to come. Riley hasn't shown any different to believe otherwise.

So I guess you didn't watch the last half of last season, the bowl game, and the first 7 games of this season. They went 10-2 till this week since the Purdue loss, that was probably more crushing defeat than last night was for the team.
Doesn't matter.....season is over.

Beating tomato cans don't mean much.

Worse to come. Riley hasn't shown any different to believe otherwise.

So I guess you didn't watch the last half of last season, the bowl game, and the first 7 games of this season. They went 10-2 till this week since the Purdue loss, that was probably more crushing defeat than last night was for the team.

Doesn't matter.....season is over.

Beating tomato cans don't mean much.

But when you do it with cans of corn...

I hope we win out but without Tommy, I don't see that happening unless the D steps up. Mixed feelings on winning the west title, if Wis stumbles. I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather not have to go on national TV again, and take another beat down. We can still win 11 games with a bowl win. That would be a good way to roll into next season.

GBR!!!

Is this blowout a bad night before better times like Devaney's 47-0 loss to Oklahoma in 1968 or a foretelling of worse to come like Callahan's 70-10 to TTech in 2004?

The last 3 games on our schedule are all winnable. Who really believed we'd beat Ohio St. and Wisconsin anyway? We took Wisconsin to OT and recieved a woodshed beating from Ohio St.

So we still have some work to do and we all knew that, so let's get to it.

So is that what you call it? hmmmm