Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

its a broken record since 2000...we probably shouldn't have been In the last NC but probably got in on name to some degree

No i didnt think we would run the table on the big 10, but losing 24-17 or something like that would have felt so much better...

we will probably do just fine, go to a nice little bowl, travel 12,500 fans and maybe even win...

I became resigned to the fact years ago that Nebraska wasn't willing to play in the new version of college football...so I don't get too high or too low anymore...

We do not need the next Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman, we need Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman.

None of them will come here. Tom Herman, might, in a dream scenario, if we pay him 5+ million, but our AD won't be doing that anytime soon.

isnt this a ridiculous discussion Landlord? Dont you feel nuts even acknowledging these thoughts at 7-2?

We do not need the next Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman, we need Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman.

None of them will come here. Tom Herman, might, in a dream scenario, if we pay him 5+ million, but our AD won't be doing that anytime soon.

isnt this a ridiculous discussion Landlord? Dont you feel nuts even acknowledging these thoughts at 7-2?

you make me feel icky agreeing with a Trump supporter knock it off :(

can't huskerboard go back to the good ole days where everything was more pure and everyone was in the dick clique or the pony posse

Our AD can't do that...he won't get another football hire unless it was due to a retirement

Our AD can't do that...he won't get another football hire unless it was due to a retirement

I'm talking about the department, not the director. Eichorst will be gone someday, but the culture permeating our university, the kind of culture that will never spend Texas/Bama levels of money on things like football coaches, will persist on.

Wisconsin does not have more talented players on it lines.

No but they have more developed players on the line. We are 1 to 2 years away from having talented and developed players on the line.

If you can't develop guys after two springs and two falls, you're in the wrong profession.

Sometimes it's not all on the coaches. Maybe it's on the players. There are a many instances across all college athletics where lights dont finally come on for guys until even their 5th year senior season.

youre trying really hard to put all blame on this staff. Not surprising. I'm having an easy time saying it's a two way street like anything else, and that the effort-or lack thereof-is concerted across the board.

If you want to put the blame on both, cool. But most aren't. Most are saying "these coaches came into a bare cupboard."

If that's the case, then Bo and his staff were amazingly good coaches.

Did you see a talent gap Saturday night? One that is very difficult to fix in less than 2 years? Yeah. But it's not all on the previous. It's ok to say the previous staff's roster manangement was sh#t, and still say we're starting to question the development skills of the current staff. Case in point as I recall Joe Burrow marching 98 yards like a hot knife through butter.

I thought the most poignant tribute to the memory of Sam Foltz was Ohio State keeping their punter off the field for the entire game....well done.

Well played sir, well played.

This guy stole this joke from reddit and finds it prudent to use it in like 4 different threads on Huskerboard.

• Fire 3