Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

The "Fire Riley" talk right now is ridiculous. We are 7-2. There is no reason to fire him. The coordinators, maybe. If we are still in this spot in 2-3 years, then it'll be time to talk about it. We'll bounce back. They won't let this loss affect the players, and it shouldn't affect the fans. They need us more than ever right now.

The "Fire Riley" talk right now is ridiculous. We are 7-2. There is no reason to fire him. The coordinators, maybe. If we are still in this spot in 2-3 years, then it'll be time to talk about it. We'll bounce back. They won't let this loss affect the players, and it shouldn't affect the fans. They need us more than ever right now.

I don't think firing Riley is realistic or appropriate either, but if you advocate firing two coordinators, why would you not fire the "CEO type" head coach?

I don't think firing Riley is realistic or appropriate either, but if you advocate firing two coordinators, why would you not fire the "CEO type" head coach?

To be a head coach, you can't be afraid to fire people, even people who you are close to. Solich did that before 2003 and improved. Keep Banker, say bye to Read and Langsdorf if I were Riley.

you're not saying he should be fired....but he should be fired?

Hasnt Riley already showed he's willing to pull the plug on a non performer? This is why i have no doubt Read is out. You sense Riley's frustration with the special teams all year long. I like the urgency. he knows it's his last chance at a big winner.

My only concern is that Riley had no relationship with Hughes prior to last season. Riley is BFF's with so many guys on his staff. I hope that he will make the necessary changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with the status quo for another year.

• Fire 1

We do not need the next Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman, we need Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman.

None of them will come here. Tom Herman, might, in a dream scenario, if we pay him 5+ million, but our AD won't be doing that anytime soon.

Our AD can't do that...he won't get another football hire unless it was due to a retirement

I'm talking about the department, not the director. Eichorst will be gone someday, but the culture permeating our university, the kind of culture that will never spend Texas/Bama levels of money on things like football coaches, will persist on.

Maybe, maybe not. I think that the big donors will eventually want to get "in the game" so to speak and won't mind a search that goes after a bigger name.

Hasnt Riley already showed he's willing to pull the plug on a non performer? This is why i have no doubt Read is out. You sense Riley's frustration with the special teams all year long. I like the urgency. he knows it's his last chance at a big winner.

My only concern is that Riley had no relationship with Hughes prior to last season. Riley is BFF's with so many guys on his staff. I hope that he will make the necessary changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with the status quo for another year.

Yep

Yep

This is true guys. Good point.

Rolex performance will not come from Timex money... I'll be saying this until a "name" is hired.

Riley has a few years left for sure. What he does with them will define or defile him... he should be wise enough to know what is and isn't working and if he isn't, then the sooner he goes the better.

As far as fair weather, I read it before... those cats should be long gone by now. I won't lie, even I think about turning in my season tickets and going with a new team... all but for heart have I lost faith in this program. I started attending games in 94, if not for attending games I probably wouldn't care what happens to this program. I like to think we, as fans, are part of something bigger than ourselves when in that stadium. Losing at home should never be acceptable, let alone losing anywhere to anyone... but it seems the expectations are lowered and I am not content being part of that mindset.

Win Red.... WIN!!!

No.

I'm saying that he shouldn't be fired, but asking for those who want his coordinators fired, why would they want Riley retained?

It may be based on some valid reasons, such as Riley has a nice temperament and handles the press and fans very well. I just don't think a coach who is forced to clean house on his career long assistants would be very well positioned to continue as the HC.

• Fire 1

The main gripe with Riley while he was at osu was that he kept Banker around for so long. Now that he's at Nebraska I just don't see that behavior changing.

I don't think we are giving up, but it's discouraging to see NU suffer the 2nd worst loss (in terms of scoring margin) in program history. After last year's debacle of a season, a lot were encouraged by the start of this year's team. But, last night showed how far NU has to go to compete at a top level. That competition is in terms of talent and coaching.

I don't think the coaching is nearly as bad as many people think. We simply don't have the talent to compete with the Ohio St's and Alambama's of college football and our offensive line is really banged up. It's hard to win games when your line is trashed.

I guarantee you a GREAT coach doesn't get rolled like that. Rileys offense has been inconsistent everywhere he's been. Good 1 qtr, bad for 2, that's not winning football. I'm not sure that will ever change under him. It's why he's a .500 coach.

No.

I'm saying that he shouldn't be fired, but asking for those who want his coordinators fired, why would they want Riley retained?

It may be based on some valid reasons, such as Riley has a nice temperament and handles the press and fans very well. I just don't think a coach who is forced to clean house on his career long assistants would be very well positioned to continue as the HC.

That's like saying "I have heartburn. Instead of taking Tums, why not have open heart surgery?" Your point makes no sense and I find it impossible to argue with.