Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

This team will not win a championship, nor will it have any meaningful wins.

Weird. I thought we were talking about a sport, where the outcome isn't guaranteed.

Have fun not rooting for these players for the rest of the season. They won't miss you.

Your attitude is quite peculiar. Who appointed you the defender of the players emotional well-being? You seem to be trying to do some kind of damage control... it's odd. Why don't you just let people feel the way they feel without attacking them and putting words in their mouths. Have fun doing your 62-3 blowout damage control.

• Fire 1

2011 Clemson goes 10-4 with a blowout loss to West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. Dabo fires Steele. A HC, often times needs to assess the situation at hand and see what changes if any need to be made. Clemson also hire Venables as D.C. and Chad Morris as OC and made them the highest paid coordinators at the time. It worked.......

I'm not sold, nor have I been on Riley and company. This season, cautiously optimistic. Langs lost me 4 games ago. He has no idea what to do against an aggressive attacking D with equal or better athletes. I acknowledge OSU has better athletes, but not 59 points better. No way in hell. They have a great staff, development and attitude. We got out coached plain and simple. Wisky took them to OT. PSU beat them. We gave up 62 points......no way are our kids that out classed. Historically, Riley has always dropped an interesting one. I figured it would be to Wyoming or Purdue. That one team that is not "near as good as NU". I also figured we'd lose to Wisky or OSU pre-season. I didn't think the clunker game would be against a top 10 team that would hang 62 points on us, have our 2 qb's go 9-33, give up 34 first downs, get 78 yards on 24 carries, 204 total yards offense while giving up 590 total yrds....... That looked like the product of a team that had no clue what to or how to do its job......

I'll still cheer them on. I'll hope for Wisky to lose another and for us to win out, but I don't have to agree we are in the right direction, say wait until they get their guys etc or be less than a "real" fan...

• Fire 1

I don't think we are giving up, but it's discouraging to see NU suffer the 2nd worst loss (in terms of scoring margin) in program history. After last year's debacle of a season, a lot were encouraged by the start of this year's team. But, last night showed how far NU has to go to compete at a top level. That competition is in terms of talent and coaching.

This right here. It's why i also said I don't really want to see us back into the B1G CCG and get stomped. We don't deserve it, and I'd rather we get a shot at an attainable goal (like not losing 4 games).

I can see your viewpoint, saunders. However, I wonder if the Wisconsin fanbase in 2012 thought they deserved to be in the B1G CCG or believed winning it was an attainable goal?

OK -- here's a hypothetical: Suppose Nebraska wins out the regular season, and Minnesota upsets Wisconsin on 11/28 in Madison.

How many Husker fans show up in Indianapolis?

That will tell you if fans have "given up."

We're talking about a fanbase that took over Lawrence in 2007, one of the darkest years in recent Husker history. I think the loyal far outnumber the fairweather.

nobody has any clue how to fix it.

It is kinda simple. The folksy undercurrent of the nice guy that wants to come here for low money and coach for the honor of being at Nebraska needs to go away. We do not need the next Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman, we need Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw or Tom Herman. A proven HC that will cut another program to the bone to lose.

I haven't given up on MR but his hire is the ultimate hedge. In 4-5 years if we are still winning nine games but losing the big ones, he announces his retirement. If he is has really turned us around that extends out two maybe four years.

I don't think we are giving up, but it's discouraging to see NU suffer the 2nd worst loss (in terms of scoring margin) in program history. After last year's debacle of a season, a lot were encouraged by the start of this year's team. But, last night showed how far NU has to go to compete at a top level. That competition is in terms of talent and coaching.

This right here. It's why i also said I don't really want to see us back into the B1G CCG and get stomped. We don't deserve it, and I'd rather we get a shot at an attainable goal (like not losing 4 games).

I can see your viewpoint, saunders. However, I wonder if the Wisconsin fanbase in 2012 thought they deserved to be in the B1G CCG or believed winning it was an attainable goal?

That Wisconsin team didn't get blown out by 60 points. They lost 4 games by a FG (2 in OT) and 2 by 1 TD (1 in OT). They were in every game to the very end.

One game has completely turned a lot of people off of our coaching staff. I understand that, I now want Langs gone more than ever. But MR is not a bad coach, and people are trying to make it seem like he is. Sure he's no Saban, but give him a couple of years before calling for his firing. There is clear improvement, and no way he gets fired at the end of this year, or likely next year.

We are not the first team to get blown out. MR is not the first coach to get blown out. Keep in mind that this is his first real blowout with us. Urban Meyer got blown out by a semi-decent Bama team in his first year at Florida, and they were ranked higher than Bama, too.

One game has completely turned a lot of people off of our coaching staff. I understand that, I now want Langs gone more than ever. But MR is not a bad coach, and people are trying to make it seem like he is. Sure he's no Saban, but give him a couple of years before calling for his firing. There is clear improvement, and no way he gets fired at the end of this year, or likely next year.

The clear improvement is based on the craptastic 2015 results. Right now, the team is staring another Bo-like season right in the face. I'm sure you can read up that history somewhere.

• Fire 1

He shouldn't be fired. I like Mike, I think he's a good guy. But some of his assistants are not very good. And if he cares about actually doing something at Nebraska, he needs to make changes, or it will be his undoing just like the last 2 HC's.

Read is literally stealing money from the university.

Langsdorf's gameplan last night was between the tackles with Newby, tosses to Ozigbo, and deep seem routes on the outside hoping for 50/50 balls.

Davis needs to coach his RB's to stop running into the back of the OL and hoping they fall forward for 3 yards.

I don't even know what to say about the defense. It was a mix of guys out of position, no pressure, and when we got a blitz called, guys just missed.

Folks are free to have there own perception and desires. No worries here. I've had the believe all year that we would be 8-4 with a realistic chance of going 7-5. Thankfully, TA has played well against the lesser competition. The game against OSU is the only game that I was disappointed in the overall effort. Most folks are frustrated because to win this game would have kept us relevant the rest of the season and made the remaining games even bigger along with helping the recruiting momentum.

Now, we are just exposed as "pretenders". I've felt all year that we were around the 25-35 best team in the country. With a weaker schedule and a bit better play by TA we have been ranked higher. I don't take this loss hard at all. I believe that Riley can get the kids refocused and we have a good chance to go 3-4 with what we have left. Personally, I won't be disappointed with 8-4 ... but that is just me. I've always believed that we are still 3-4 years away and since we can't seem to really turn the corner on recruiting I've got no "big things for the program in the near future" in my eyes or heart.

Keep your heads up guys. Still plenty of changes need to occur in our program and it has yet been proven if Riley will get all the right coaches to really turn this thing around. Lets stay positive and root for these kids to play with lots of heart the rest of the year.

He shouldn't be fired. I like Mike, I think he's a good guy. But some of his assistants are not very good. And if he cares about actually doing something at Nebraska, he needs to make changes, or it will be his undoing just like the last 2 HC's.

Read is literally stealing money from the university.

Langsdorf's gameplan last night was between the tackles with Newby, tosses to Ozigbo, and deep seem routes on the outside hoping for 50/50 balls.

Davis needs to coach his RB's to stop running into the back of the OL and hoping they fall forward for 3 yards.

I don't even know what to say about the defense. It was a mix of guys out of position, no pressure, and when we got a blitz called, guys just missed.

You mentioned the two guys I want to be shown the door. Read and Langsdorf.

I thought the most poignant tribute to the memory of Sam Foltz was Ohio State keeping their punter off the field for the entire game....well done.

I saw that exact same thing on Reddit.

• Fire 1

I seriously have no ambition to even watch another football game this season, that's how ugly that was.

There's not much left for fans to root for this season. And the remainder of the season will be filled with reminders of just how f'ing embarrassing that loss was.

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

Finishing the season in the Top 10

A major bowl appearance/victory

These are all firmly in front of us to get excited for. I didn't know Nebraska fans were so fairweather.

If you think we're winning the Big Ten you're nuts. After 15 years of getting Charlie Browned, I don't think it's fair to call anyone still around "fairweather." The fairweather fans are long gone, bub.

This.
  • Fire 1