Protests

Do you believe anything Trump said, or was it all election rhetoric to get votes? Second, why is it comforting to you that he said whatever he needed to get the votes?

I believe Trump will CONTINUE to address illegal immigration in a strong way. No. I do not think he will go door to door, break up immigrant families with soil born kids and deport all illegal. That's delusional, stupid, and dangerous to think that way.

No. i wouldnt say it's comforting. But that issue is much MUCH larger than Trump. That is politics. That's what our soceity and political system has become. And he (actually probably his advisory staff) knew he had to mobilize every possible person on the right.

Im sorry folks are scared or skeptical or whatever and that I'm hopeful. But if you cant at least make an attempt at being curious now that he won and just be in wait and see mode, i got bad news for you. youre gonna continue to ignore the logical and continue to be miserable over absolutely nothing. This is the same thing right wing idiots have been doing for 8 years.

So no wall? He was pretty emphatic about building that wall.

So when he said that he would appoint justices to overturn Roe V. Wade in the final debate - we shouldn't believe that either?

Looking forward - what policies should Americans expect Trump to pursue and which ones should we push aside as vote grabbers?

Trump is not a racist because his supporters are racist. Trump is a racist on his own merit of what he has done, not just what he has said to gain votes. As far as immigration and Trump's prejudice against Muslims specifically? That doesn't come from the media, that comes from his own mouth. That comes from him talking about the imaginary muslims celebrating on 9/11. That comes from him calling for a ban on all Muslims.

He just wants people from terrorists states to be properly vetted so we don't allow ISIS a free path into our country as a refugee... They cared more about hurting the feelings of terrorists who want to do harm to this country than the people that he swore to defend. What Trump is suggesting is nothing more than what we did after WWII for Germans when people were vetted to make sure that they were not Nazi sympathizers. Obama's plan to just let them in without being properly vetted was dumb and Clinton's plan to allow over a 100K more in without being vetted was dumb from the start.

A) This is the dumbest thing I've read today (thankfully it's only 10:37am)

B) This process of proper vetting already exists. No terrorist is trying to sneak into our country through the refugee process, I promise. There are a million other ways for them to get here much easier.

wh_blog_refugee_workflow_1125.jpg

Further, Trump has his own history pre-election campaign of making disparaging remarks about LGBTQ+ people, in addition to his VP being an advocate for electroshock conversion therapy for gays, in addition to the possibility of a more conservative Supreme Court overturning the gay marriage decision. There's plenty to be legitimately upset and afraid about if you're gay/lesbian/trans/etc.

So you think theyre just gonna cold turkey day one implement all the extreme measures that they campaigned on? is that what youre afraid of? i know youre smarter than that. It's not logical.

Im not arguing here on the premise that I think trump is a savior. I recognize his faults and the possibility that he could be a flop. What im arguing is that nothing is cut and dried and that the folks who thing the world will end and everything will be bad and this country will backtrack a 150 years are just being stupid.

Fine. I can do that.

No matter what the vetting process is, you still do not know what these ppls true intentions are. So maybe a true vetting process is just closing the gate. I dont know. that would be the most extreme, and not logical at all. but isnt it possible that while you assume the current process is fine, that it' could still be better for the sake of the safety of our nation? Isnt that a possibility?

I'm not playing the all knowing here, as much as it may seem. Im just trying to provide the other side for folks to think about and hopefully join in the middle where the real answer is anyway.

I already posted the vetting process. Better for the sake of the safety of our nation? No. Better for the sake of maybe 1-2 dozen people every few years? ......Maybe. Better for the betterment of our nation? Not at all.

Regardless, the thing is, any ISIS sympathizer reading this is probably laughing at the stupidity of us thinking they'd waste their time trying to get in through the refugee program. That is THE toughest way for them to get here, and this is a perfect example of an entirely misguided conservative talking point.

Since 9/11, the U.S. has admitted 784,000 refugees into the country. According to the Migration Policy Institute, during that time, exactly three refugees were found to have links to terrorism — so, approximately .00038 percent of refugees in the U.S. have had ties to terrorism. Two of these refugees were caught while trying to leave the country to join extremist groups abroad. All three are currently in prison.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore..." (Except if they're from Syria, I guess?)

It's all over facebook.

It's disgusting, hypocritical, and downright disrespectful....in the same way they demanded everyone else to be for our country to "change". Shows their true colors.

I can't remember, and if I'm wrong please tell me, but when did all these "uneducated whites" rioted and burned flags when Obama was elected? Twice.

They didn't riot, but they did lots of the same things this group of morons is doing, ( death threats, #notmypresident,). Also I don't think whites were as scares and somewhat rightfully so as the LGBTQ community, Muslims) and to a lesser extent illegals ( the chance of rounding them up and getting them deported is the same as Obama taking all the guns)

I don't understand why the LGBTQ community would be scared of him. Am I missing something he said or did? As for the Muslims, that was created by the media. He just wants people from terrorists states to be properly vetted so we don't allow ISIS a free path into our country as a refugee. Which is commons sense, it is his job to protect the people of this country and that is where Obama and Clinton really screwed up on this issue. They cared more about hurting the feelings of terrorists who want to do harm to this country than the people that he swore to defend. What Trump is suggesting is nothing more than what we did after WWII for Germans when people were vetted to make sure that they were not Nazi sympathizers. Obama's plan to just let them in without being properly vetted was dumb and Clinton's plan to allow over a 100K more in without being vetted was dumb from the start.

People are misinformed. it's that simple. Lots (not all. Not most) of ppl really can not think for themselves, and take one little generalization and run with it to that extreme end of the spectrum

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity. I have one two doors down from me. Flys his stars and bars every f'ing DAY. But this is an election. and Trump and his staff knew had to appeal to and garner every possible republican/libertarian/conservative/white trash/nationalist/whatever else you wanna call the overall perceived Trump supporter, he possibly could. So he wasnt gonn come out and run them off. He woulda lost.

it's also cuz he very VERY strongly went against ILLEGAL immigration and Mid east regugees whom he says need to be going through a much more vetting process. So what does he do to continue to garner the support of the all the possible extreme righties it will take to win? He portrays an extreme view. Build a wall. make mexico pay. Deport all illegals. Monitor muslims. No more syrians. etc etc etc.

It's not fair to Trump to lump him in as a racist just because some of his supporters sadly are. And what's really sad is generalizing good ppl like me as a racist cuz I do support him. Cuz im smart enough look past all the bullsh#t overreaction and reporting and get inside what he's really selling. Im sorry that ppl really feel afraid for themselves or friends. Kriest "what am i supposed to tell my kids" "what's gonna happen to us" Jesus. Get your kids out of bed and send em to school like you always do. The fear is a result of being brainwashed by snippets instead of listening to a whole message and thinking for yourself. Trump is not on his first day gonna go door to door and round up every single muslim and illegal immigrant and stick em on a boat. this is the kind of assenine extreme generalization the have so many so upset. They have no clue what's going on.

i still say Trump is a calculated genius in all this. he knew what he had to do to win. And did what it took to appeal to every possible right winger necessary. And I feel just as bad for the right wing extremist racists who think he is gonna supress blacks and round up all the mexicans and ship em back. Theyre no smarter than the left extreme. Just as stupid. but Trump knew he needed their vote to win. He did. Against all odds and pretty much everyone and everything saying it wouldnt happen. Centuries of President elects who dont keep all or most of their promises, but now, this guy. For the sake of youre own extreme leftist agenda, this guy is definitely gonna do everything he says word for word. good god. Open your frickin eyes. Think for one. Art of the deal.

At the end of the day. All i ask for is common sense. There just isnt much of that on this board. That's why I've been trolling with some snarky "rub it in comments" it goes both ways. if you cant offer intelligent convo, niether will I.

Can you two please educate me on what vetting process the refugees that have come into the US went through and how that needs to change?

Per the hearings and statements from the FBI and everyone involved with the vetting process, Syria doesn't have a computer system that has information about the people that live in their country. We also don't have a presence in Syria, so we literally don't know anything about these people. As of now they are just going through interviews and we are taking their word for it and letting them in the country. To do it the right way we need to set up "safe zones" where we protect them, feed them, and give them a place to sleep while they are getting vetted by the people on the ground. Of course to do that it will take some kind of military presence, along with state department personnel to do the research to make sure that they are not ISIS trying to say they are a refuge just to get over here and to kill Americans they way they have done in Europe. ISIS has publicly stated that they will infiltrate the refugees and that threat needs to be taken seriously.

Do you believe anything Trump said, or was it all election rhetoric to get votes? Second, why is it comforting to you that he said whatever he needed to get the votes?

I believe Trump will CONTINUE to address illegal immigration in a strong way. No. I do not think he will go door to door, break up immigrant families with soil born kids and deport all illegal. That's delusional, stupid, and dangerous to think that way.

No. i wouldnt say it's comforting. But that issue is much MUCH larger than Trump. That is politics. That's what our soceity and political system has become. And he (actually probably his advisory staff) knew he had to mobilize every possible person on the right.

Im sorry folks are scared or skeptical or whatever and that I'm hopeful. But if you cant at least make an attempt at being curious now that he won and just be in wait and see mode, i got bad news for you. youre gonna continue to ignore the logical and continue to be miserable over absolutely nothing. This is the same thing right wing idiots have been doing for 8 years.

So when he said that he would appoint justices to overturn Roe V. Wade in the final debate - we shouldn't believe that either?

Looking forward - what policies should Americans expect Trump to pursue and which ones should we push aside as vote grabbers?

i think the wall was just a metaphor. Maybe they were serious about it. but until I see it built, I wont believe such a thing is even logical.

Trump will pursue the policies that he ran on. he just wont execute as extreme as as a lot folks interpretted them. Weird concept of a president who probably wont be able to do everything as he actually said he would do, aint it? god. the hypocrisy and double standard of how for the sake of a left extreme agenda, this guy will be the guy to pull off everything he said he would.

Fine. I can do that.

No matter what the vetting process is, you still do not know what these ppls true intentions are. So maybe a true vetting process is just closing the gate. I dont know. that would be the most extreme, and not logical at all. but isnt it possible that while you assume the current process is fine, that it' could still be better for the sake of the safety of our nation? Isnt that a possibility?

I'm not playing the all knowing here, as much as it may seem. Im just trying to provide the other side for folks to think about and hopefully join in the middle where the real answer is anyway.

I already posted the vetting process. Better for the sake of the safety of our nation? No. Better for the sake of maybe 1-2 dozen people every few years? ......Maybe. Better for the betterment of our nation? Not at all.

Regardless, the thing is, any ISIS sympathizer reading this is probably laughing at the stupidity of us thinking they'd waste their time trying to get in through the refugee program. That is THE toughest way for them to get here, and this is a perfect example of an entirely misguided conservative talking point.

well i dont know then. I'm not disagreeing with you on it. I'm just throwing sh#t at a wall. maybe he wont touch the refugee issue. But bringing it up probably got him votes. The guy aint as stupid as you hope/fear that he is. Just have a little faith, or youre gonna continue to "feel physically ill".

• Fire 1

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity.

The part that frustrates me more than anything is that people in the media are being racist by calling Trump supporters racist for voting for him.

So, pardon me if I'm confused.

So....Trump needed to court and win the votes of racist people to win. But, when people say racist people support him, they are wrong?

• Fire 2

Count, what he will actually do isn't really the issue for a lot of people, in a similar way that you argue that him as an actual person isn't really who a lot of people voted for (rather the idea that he represents).

The idea that he represents to muslims, lgbtq+ and others is that he ran on a campaign saying these horrible, anti-American, unconstitutional things, and it got him elected. So what they see is a country that is against them as people. How would that not be frightening?

It's all over facebook.

It's disgusting, hypocritical, and downright disrespectful....in the same way they demanded everyone else to be for our country to "change". Shows their true colors.

I can't remember, and if I'm wrong please tell me, but when did all these "uneducated whites" rioted and burned flags when Obama was elected? Twice.

They didn't riot, but they did lots of the same things this group of morons is doing, ( death threats, #notmypresident,). Also I don't think whites were as scares and somewhat rightfully so as the LGBTQ community, Muslims) and to a lesser extent illegals ( the chance of rounding them up and getting them deported is the same as Obama taking all the guns)

I don't understand why the LGBTQ community would be scared of him. Am I missing something he said or did? As for the Muslims, that was created by the media. He just wants people from terrorists states to be properly vetted so we don't allow ISIS a free path into our country as a refugee. Which is commons sense, it is his job to protect the people of this country and that is where Obama and Clinton really screwed up on this issue. They cared more about hurting the feelings of terrorists who want to do harm to this country than the people that he swore to defend. What Trump is suggesting is nothing more than what we did after WWII for Germans when people were vetted to make sure that they were not Nazi sympathizers. Obama's plan to just let them in without being properly vetted was dumb and Clinton's plan to allow over a 100K more in without being vetted was dumb from the start.

People are misinformed. it's that simple. Lots (not all. Not most) of ppl really can not think for themselves, and take one little generalization and run with it to that extreme end of the spectrum

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity. I have one two doors down from me. Flys his stars and bars every f'ing DAY. But this is an election. and Trump and his staff knew had to appeal to and garner every possible republican/libertarian/conservative/white trash/nationalist/whatever else you wanna call the overall perceived Trump supporter, he possibly could. So he wasnt gonn come out and run them off. He woulda lost.

it's also cuz he very VERY strongly went against ILLEGAL immigration and Mid east regugees whom he says need to be going through a much more vetting process. So what does he do to continue to garner the support of the all the possible extreme righties it will take to win? He portrays an extreme view. Build a wall. make mexico pay. Deport all illegals. Monitor muslims. No more syrians. etc etc etc.

It's not fair to Trump to lump him in as a racist just because some of his supporters sadly are. And what's really sad is generalizing good ppl like me as a racist cuz I do support him. Cuz im smart enough look past all the bullsh#t overreaction and reporting and get inside what he's really selling. Im sorry that ppl really feel afraid for themselves or friends. Kriest "what am i supposed to tell my kids" "what's gonna happen to us" Jesus. Get your kids out of bed and send em to school like you always do. The fear is a result of being brainwashed by snippets instead of listening to a whole message and thinking for yourself. Trump is not on his first day gonna go door to door and round up every single muslim and illegal immigrant and stick em on a boat. this is the kind of assenine extreme generalization the have so many so upset. They have no clue what's going on.

i still say Trump is a calculated genius in all this. he knew what he had to do to win. And did what it took to appeal to every possible right winger necessary. And I feel just as bad for the right wing extremist racists who think he is gonna supress blacks and round up all the mexicans and ship em back. Theyre no smarter than the left extreme. Just as stupid. but Trump knew he needed their vote to win. He did. Against all odds and pretty much everyone and everything saying it wouldnt happen. Centuries of President elects who dont keep all or most of their promises, but now, this guy. For the sake of youre own extreme leftist agenda, this guy is definitely gonna do everything he says word for word. good god. Open your frickin eyes. Think for one. Art of the deal.

At the end of the day. All i ask for is common sense. There just isnt much of that on this board. That's why I've been trolling with some snarky "rub it in comments" it goes both ways. if you cant offer intelligent convo, niether will I.

Can you two please educate me on what vetting process the refugees that have come into the US went through and how that needs to change?

Fine. I can do that.

But, that's not what was said in the campaign. His side lead people to believe that Obama and Hillary were just opening the gates and letting millions of immigrants in without any vetting. I believe his statement was that he would greatly increase the vetting. Well....what needs to be done more than is being done now?

It appears to be something that was possibly way over blown by him in the campaign to win over votes.

Trump is not a racist because his supporters are racist. Trump is a racist on his own merit of what he has done, not just what he has said to gain votes. As far as immigration and Trump's prejudice against Muslims specifically? That doesn't come from the media, that comes from his own mouth. That comes from him talking about the imaginary muslims celebrating on 9/11. That comes from him calling for a ban on all Muslims.

This is fine too. your opinion. your interpretation. We're not gonna change each other's mind. And that's ok. That's the glory of debate.

n/m. youre right. That is one racist m'fer. we may be screwed.

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity.

The part that frustrates me more than anything is that people in the media are being racist by calling Trump supporters racist for voting for him.

So, pardon me if I'm confused.

So....Trump needed to court and win the votes of racist people to win. But, when people say racist people support him, they are wrong?

yes. there are racists that support trump. I myself have acknowledged that. there are also left wing, demon-worshipping, globalist nutjobs that supported hillary.

the point there is that Trump supporters who are legitimately not racist are being labeled as such by generalizing. for a bunch of anti-stereotype self riteous ppl, the hypocrisy is pretty strong.

Fine. I can do that.

Since 9/11, the U.S. has admitted 784,000 refugees into the country. According to the Migration Policy Institute, during that time, exactly three refugees were found to have links to terrorism — so, approximately .00038 percent of refugees in the U.S. have had ties to terrorism. Two of these refugees were caught while trying to leave the country to join extremist groups abroad. All three are currently in prison.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore..." (Except if they're from Syria, I guess?)

That process is total crap because there are no documents, read or watch the hearing on it. They have no way to know who they are. Nice try though at the personal attack though...lol. Any level headed American should want to make sure that zero terrorists get admitted. Of the 784K admitted into the country, how many come from terrorist states that we have zero information on the people who live in that country? I am guessing not, therefore your false equivalencies don't hold water. I guess since it the Democrats that created they mess in Syria in the first place they want to try to fix it by letting them all come over here. So you are saying that it is ok to keep the flawed vetting process that is in place now because it may "only" cost the lives of 1-2 dozen people? And you honestly wonder why the Dem's just had their asses handed to them on Tuesday? You can't be that dense can you?

i think the wall was just a metaphor. Maybe they were serious about it. but until I see it built, I wont believe such a thing is even logical.

Trump will pursue the policies that he ran on. he just wont execute as extreme as as a lot folks interpretted them. Weird concept of a president who probably wont be able to do everything as he actually said he would do, aint it? god. the hypocrisy and double standard of how for the sake of a left extreme agenda, this guy will be the guy to pull off everything he said he would.

Again, you are falling back to 'I get to interpret what his word's mean.' In regards to the 'wall'. This sounds pretty metaphorical to me...

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall,” Trump said in his presidential announcement speech. ”Mark my words.”

Trump has said the wall could cost $8 billion to $12 billion, be made of precast concrete, and rise 35 to 40 feet, or 50 feet, or higher. He’s said the wall doesn’t need to run the nearly 2,000 miles of the border, but half of that because of natural barriers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/09/donald-trump-the-wall-is-probably-8-billion/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/02/trump-mulls-alternative-options-for-making-mexico-finance-wall.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/01/trump-doubles-down-on-impenetrable-physical-wall-during-immigration-speech.html

And you are moving the goal post, it is about him pursuing all of the policies that he ran on, that does matter.