Protests

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity.

The part that frustrates me more than anything is that people in the media are being racist by calling Trump supporters racist for voting for him.

So, pardon me if I'm confused.

So....Trump needed to court and win the votes of racist people to win. But, when people say racist people support him, they are wrong?

yes. there are racists that support trump. I myself have acknowledged that. there are also left wing, demon-worshipping, globalist nutjobs that supported hillary.

the point there is that Trump supporters who are legitimately not racist are being labeled as such by generalizing. for a bunch of anti-stereotype self riteous ppl, the hypocrisy is pretty strong.

So....Trump had to say certain things to court racist people to his campaign to win, and people are supposed to understand that he isn't really racist?

Let me turn this around. There are sound bites of Hillary basically saying she wants to do away with the 2nd amendment. People absolutely hate her for believing she wants to come take our guns away.

Well.....how do I know she wasn't just saying those things to win over the anti gun crowd's vote and she really isn't wanting to do away with the 2nd amendment?

It's all over facebook.

It's disgusting, hypocritical, and downright disrespectful....in the same way they demanded everyone else to be for our country to "change". Shows their true colors.

I can't remember, and if I'm wrong please tell me, but when did all these "uneducated whites" rioted and burned flags when Obama was elected? Twice.

They didn't riot, but they did lots of the same things this group of morons is doing, ( death threats, #notmypresident,). Also I don't think whites were as scares and somewhat rightfully so as the LGBTQ community, Muslims) and to a lesser extent illegals ( the chance of rounding them up and getting them deported is the same as Obama taking all the guns)

I don't understand why the LGBTQ community would be scared of him. Am I missing something he said or did? As for the Muslims, that was created by the media. He just wants people from terrorists states to be properly vetted so we don't allow ISIS a free path into our country as a refugee. Which is commons sense, it is his job to protect the people of this country and that is where Obama and Clinton really screwed up on this issue. They cared more about hurting the feelings of terrorists who want to do harm to this country than the people that he swore to defend. What Trump is suggesting is nothing more than what we did after WWII for Germans when people were vetted to make sure that they were not Nazi sympathizers. Obama's plan to just let them in without being properly vetted was dumb and Clinton's plan to allow over a 100K more in without being vetted was dumb from the start.

Trump will nominated a conservative judge to the court, and they probably would overturn marriage equality.

Have you looked at Pence? Conversion therapy is something Pence has shown interest in.

Unless the Democrats filibuster the hell out of the Senate like the Republicans have done for the past 8 years.

This is factually wrong. While the republicans were in the minority, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan were both confirmed to the Supreme Court in 2009 and 2010.

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity.

The part that frustrates me more than anything is that people in the media are being racist by calling Trump supporters racist for voting for him.

So....Trump needed to court and win the votes of racist people to win. But, when people say racist people support him, they are wrong?

Racist people supported Clinton and Obama. But you won't hear anyone say that because it doesn't fit the liberal media's agenda to vilify the white boogeyman.

It's all over facebook.

It's disgusting, hypocritical, and downright disrespectful....in the same way they demanded everyone else to be for our country to "change". Shows their true colors.

I can't remember, and if I'm wrong please tell me, but when did all these "uneducated whites" rioted and burned flags when Obama was elected? Twice.

They didn't riot, but they did lots of the same things this group of morons is doing, ( death threats, #notmypresident,). Also I don't think whites were as scares and somewhat rightfully so as the LGBTQ community, Muslims) and to a lesser extent illegals ( the chance of rounding them up and getting them deported is the same as Obama taking all the guns)

I don't understand why the LGBTQ community would be scared of him. Am I missing something he said or did? As for the Muslims, that was created by the media. He just wants people from terrorists states to be properly vetted so we don't allow ISIS a free path into our country as a refugee. Which is commons sense, it is his job to protect the people of this country and that is where Obama and Clinton really screwed up on this issue. They cared more about hurting the feelings of terrorists who want to do harm to this country than the people that he swore to defend. What Trump is suggesting is nothing more than what we did after WWII for Germans when people were vetted to make sure that they were not Nazi sympathizers. Obama's plan to just let them in without being properly vetted was dumb and Clinton's plan to allow over a 100K more in without being vetted was dumb from the start.

Trump will nominated a conservative judge to the court, and they probably would overturn marriage equality.

Have you looked at Pence? Conversion therapy is something Pence has shown interest in.

Unless the Democrats filibuster the hell out of the Senate like the Republicans have done for the past 8 years.

This is factually wrong. While the republicans were in the minority, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan were both confirmed to the Supreme Court in 2009 and 2010.

Thank's for pointing it out, should have looked into it more.

But, the use of filibusters has been out of control.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/11/charts-explain-why-democrats-went-nuclear-filibuster

AFhusker, it would be a lot easier to engage in conversation if you could actually form sentences using real grammar. Unfortunately I'm not sure what you're even trying to say in most of your sentences.

Speaking of dense, it strikes me as quite dense to paint situations with an all-or-nothing brush, but to do it inconsistently. Yes, it would sure be nice to make sure that zero terrorists get admitted. But this is real life, and that will never happen, because life comes with assumed risk that we don't think about much and are totally okay with. You know what kills more Americans each year than terrorists? Pretty much everything. Car accidents, smoking, sports, heart attacks, doctor misdiagnoses, rock climbing accidents, choking in your sleep, overdosing, cancer, herpes, drowning, so on and so forth.

Would it not also be nice to want to make sure that zero of those things happen? But we would have to give up being able to traverse different areas, eating bad foods, doing fun recreational activities, etc. and that's no way to live. Similarly, turning into an isolationist state that does not allow people in is no way for America to exist.

Fact is, you are arguing in conjecture assumptions and negatives, whereas I'm actually showing you data, and you're refusing to acknowledge it.

Racist

Racist people supported Clinton and Obama. But you won't hear anyone say that because it doesn't fit the liberal media's agenda to vilify the white boogeyman.

I'm not talking about Clinton or Obama. I'm talking about Trump, what was said on the campaign trail to attract certain people to his campaign and then complaining that people are calling certain people racist.

So.....pardon my confusion.

Count, what he will actually do isn't really the issue for a lot of people, in a similar way that you argue that him as an actual person isn't really who a lot of people voted for (rather the idea that he represents).

The idea that he represents to muslims, lgbtq+ and others is that he ran on a campaign saying these horrible, anti-American, unconstitutional things, and it got him elected. So what they see is a country that is against them as people. How would that not be frightening?

so we literally don't know anything about these people. As of now they are just going through interviews and we are taking their word for it and letting them in the country.

giphy.gif

You have to hate it when facts don't back up your agenda, but here's the proof that you are full of ####. FBI Director Admits US Can’t Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties [VIDEO]
FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be allowed to come to the U.S.

I'm all for these protests. Good for them!

from a standpoint of the right to do so? or do you really believe they have a cause?

The cause of protesting the fact that our country elected an openly, unapologetically misogynist man as our president? A vindictive brute who campaigned on sensationalized, xenophobic fear and threatened to use the executive powers of the office to go after rivals and critics? A man who has shown equal and full-throated contempt for policy detail, restraint, and decency? A man who's promised to tear up climate initiatives, cooperative and domestic -- atop a party that has threatened for years to dismantle the ACA and now has nothing in their way?

Yes. I believe wholeheartedly in that cause.

To your edit, yes. Protest is a rational response. I'm very happy to see it. There will be a time, too, for the protests to calm down, and for all this energy to be harnessed for the political fights to come.

from a standpoint of the right to do so? or do you really believe they have a cause?

The cause of protesting the fact that our country elected an openly, unapologetically misogynist man as our president? A vindictive brute who campaigned on sensationalized, xenophobic fear and threatened to use the executive powers of the office to go after rivals and critics? A man who has shown equal and full-throated contempt for policy detail, restraint, and decency?

Yes!

Not only should they keep it up but they should keep an eye on EVERYTHING he does and call him out for the things that hurt this country. And, I am sure you agree, they should also praise him and the government when they get it right.

The cause of protesting the fact that our country elected an openly, unapologetically misogynist man as our president? A vindictive brute who campaigned on sensationalized, xenophobic fear and threatened to use the executive powers of the office to go after rivals and critics? A man who has shown equal and full-throated contempt for policy detail, restraint, and decency?

yeah. thats what my edit was.. Cause wasnt the right word. I rec'd that.

i dont think theyre being rational at all. he's the president. it happened through lawful and constitutional process. They didnt get their way. too bad. Life in a nutshell. not get back to work/class. that's just my opinion WHILE recognizing, whole heartedly, their right to do so.