Protests

Will Zoogs, or Knapp, someone....mrandyk,

Please...dear God PLEASE defend this one....

What about those 3 makes you think they'd defend it?

Just pulling names out. Anyone....Whatever. Someone, how has this not even had any attention after Tood posted it.

Dear God this is a horrible lady.

Yes, she is.

And if you equate her to everyone that voted against Trump, well, there are no words.....

It's horrible. I disagree (with whoever said 'people have to die').

I'm all for anger. To me, there is no conciliation. To the extent that we'll have to accept a prurient lout as President -- well, that's healthy. It lets us be real about our elected leaders in a way that we could hardly afford to under a cult icon like Obama.

But to the extent that authoritarian tendencies are pursued -- no acceptance. No compromise.

That's a political resistance, though. Not a violent one. And I know this is felt a lot more viscerally by other people than me, so it seems hardly fair for me to simply ask them to calm down. I can only say, from a position of *relative* privilege, that violence is never the answer to me. So please let's not go there.

Yep everyone has selected outrage.

I am tired of the whole "She got more popular vote" argument. Neither side was trying to win the popular vote. Candidates don't go to states they aren't competitive. No one knows if Trump would have won the popular vote if that's what the election was about. By that I mean, if Trump is trying to win the popular vote, he probably would have gone to states he was losing, just to keep the margin closer, and vise versa.

To mention the popular vote loss is kind of like losing a football game 9 (three field goals) to seven (one touchdown), and saying the team with seven really won because they scored more touchdowns.

• Fire 2

Yep everyone has selected outrage.

I am tired of the whole "She got more popular vote" argument. Neither side was trying to win the popular vote. Candidates don't go to states they aren't competitive. No one knows if Trump would have won the popular vote if that's what the election was about. By that I mean, if Trump is trying to win the popular vote, he probably would have gone to states he was losing, just to keep the margin closer, and vise versa.

To mention the popular vote loss is kind of like losing a football game 9 (three field goals) to seven (one touchdown), and saying the team with seven really won because they scored more touchdowns.

I agree. I am tired of arguing about this. It's almost like nobody paid attention in Civics/Poly Sci class, ever. This is how a Republic is supposed to work if it is focused governing for inclusion rather than exclusion or repression...

For POTUS, we use the Electoral College in a Republican (not Deomocratic) form of Government to address essentially the "Tyranny of the Majority" situation. This is the rationale behind "Checks & Balance" system and quite frankly is what sets our government apart from every other Democratic/Republican government on the planet...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

http://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/primary-source-documents/the-federalist-papers/federalist-papers-no-51/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._10

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/detoc/1_ch15.htm

https://edsitement.neh.gov/curriculum-unit/alexis-de-tocqueville-tyranny-majority

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13wL3GjIpa3ZPSU8QxmL_MdNxDwigGEuN3Ofnqgi9PLA/preview

Sorry, this has been a pet peeve of mine for too long ;)

When you count out the most populous state in the Union? That's some creative counting, Count. Nebraska is 1-2 this year, not including that 7-game win streak.

States can't secede* and it won't happen, as surely as Texas hasn't despite years of minor crowing.

Yes, it's not like Hillary had 10 million more votes. It will likely be closer to 2 million. We do have this sophisticated system and it will override that.

*And if it ever does come to The End of the World, us Californians just have to worry about California breaking off from the rest of the U.S. to go hang with Hawaii. Alaska can come too.

• Fire 1

Will Zoogs, or Knapp, someone....mrandyk,

Please...dear God PLEASE defend this one....

I agree its indefensible, just as those tweeting ways to kill our next POTUS is indefensible. This is a continuation of what the left tried doing at many Trump rallies as was exposed in the O'Keefe videos. They were intentionally going to try and stir up violence.

Part of the Saul Aleksey Rules for Radicals play book. You didn't see conservatives rioting after 08 & 12. But this is what the left does. Stir up strife where ever and when ever you can, create 'wedge' issues, and use the race card whenever possible (or the 'for the children' card) - anything to broad brush the opposition into a characterization that is far from reality but when prorogated enough the lie becomes the reality.

Oregon is a pretty guaranteed blue state, right? I might be giving more benefit of the doubt than is due here, but it could be that they, like many, couldn't feel comfortable voting for either major party candidate, and exercised the luxury of being able to abstain without it mattering. I did the same, but I would have acted differently if I lived in a state where my vote would have mattered.

You didn't see conservatives rioting after 08 & 12.

This isn't entirely accurate:

2AniVKG.jpg

13lJ0Wd.jpg

zuGTLa7.jpg

fYIIlC7.jpg

25t0fRF.jpg

RandyGray2.jpg

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “f#*k Obama!” and “African-American president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

Only hours after Obama's election, a predominantly black church in Springfield, Mass., was torched. Three white men were arrested just days before Obama's Jan. 20 inauguration and charged with conspiring to deprive church congregants of their civil rights.

That night, four young white men from Staten Island “decided to go after black people” in retaliation for Obama’s election. They first drove to the mostly black Park Hill neighborhood and assaulted a Liberian immigrant, beating him with a metal pipe and a police baton, in addition to the usual blows from fists and feet. Then they drove to Port Richmond, where they assaulted another black man and verbally threatened a Latino man and a group of black people. They finished up the night by attempting to drive next to a man walking home from his job as a Rite Aid manager – he was actually white, but this crew of geniuses managed to misidentify him as a black man – and club him with the police baton. Instead, they simply hit him with their car, throwing him off the windshield and into a coma for over a month.

• Fire 3

This selective memory that claims people didn't protest or show anger that Obama was elected is really interesting. It's like I must have the only Facebook feed that hasn't been filled with anti-Obama crap for 8 years. (which some of it is pretty disgusting and very misleading or flat out dishonest)

The more I'm not associated with a party the more interesting life becomes.

• Fire 1