Trump's America

zoogs

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

My goodness.  This is a prime example of the Cult of Trump.  It is a personality cult and these people are brainwashed - they are in an altered universe  -    Trump can give them the

:koolaid2: and they will drink it up.  Jim Jones has nothing on Trump.  Trump has a cult of millions.  With his deranged mental condition, I could see a whole army of Trump followers causing chaos if Trump is removed from office or gets removed at the ballot box in 2020.  These people will believe the whole thing is rigged. 

Sad state of affairs.  The temptation is to blame our education system that produces people who cannot think for themselves but that would be the easy way out and unfair.  This is a social dynamic that just confounds me.  I do understand now how a Hitler could gain power in 1932 in Germany.  Deceiving the ignorant and playing on their fears.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My goodness.  This is a prime example of the Cult of Trump.  It is a personality cult and these people are brainwashed - they are in an altered universe  -    Trump can give them the

:koolaid2: and they will drink it up.  Jim Jones has nothing on Trump.  Trump has a cult of millions.  With his deranged mental condition, I could see a whole army of Trump followers causing chaos if Trump is removed from office or gets removed at the ballot box in 2020.  These people will believe the whole thing is rigged. 

Sad state of affairs.  The temptation is to blame our education system that produces people who cannot think for themselves but that would be the easy way out and unfair.  This is a social dynamic that just confounds me.  I do understand now how a Hitler could gain power in 1932 in Germany.  Deceiving the ignorant and playing on their fears.  

I mean, it does only take 30% of the population that has blind trust in them to make it all work.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I know this is the easy scape goat.  But, it literally is the fact that so many of these people just sit all day long and watch Fox News.  I've said this before on here, but my parents are a prime example.  They are elderly and retired.  From the moment they wake up in the morning, till the time they go to bed, 90% of the time their TV is blaring (because they are hard of hearing) Fox News.  My father will not miss Hannity.  They have gotten old enough that I get much of their mail.  I can tell they watch Fox, see advertisements for right wing propaganda and end up on a gazzilion mailing lists for extreme right wing crap.  And...guess what....all of them are wanting money so they can fight the good fight against the evil left wing commies who are destroying America with the deep state shadow government Obama and Hillary put in place.

It amazes me when I sit long enough with my parents, they just can't help but to have to comment on the latest outrage being spewed in all of this propaganda.  I'm literally dumbfounded many times over how out of touch with reality the thought processes are.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know this is the easy scape goat.  But, it literally is the fact that so many of these people just sit all day long and watch Fox News.  I've said this before on here, but my parents are a prime example.  They are elderly and retired.  From the moment they wake up in the morning, till the time they go to bed, 90% of the time their TV is blaring (because they are hard of hearing) Fox News.  My father will not miss Hannity.  They have gotten old enough that I get much of their mail.  I can tell they watch Fox, see advertisements for right wing propaganda and end up on a gazzilion mailing lists for extreme right wing crap.  And...guess what....all of them are wanting money so they can fight the good fight against the evil left wing commies who are destroying America with the deep state shadow government Obama and Hillary put in place.

It amazes me when I sit long enough with my parents, they just can't help but to have to comment on the latest outrage being spewed in all of this propaganda.  I'm literally dumbfounded many times over how out of touch with reality the thought processes are.

Sounds like my dad too.  I was glad when my Dad turned from union member lib Dem in the 1980s (after the labor union let him an many down) to a Reagan republican.  But now, anyone in blue is the devil and Trump can do no wrong.    Since we live over 600 miles away, our phone conversations turn political without warning wt dad speaking out the latest Fox/trump line. 

This is the kind of thing that really makes me scratch my head.  I love this country.  Don't have a problem with the pledge. I stand and recite it when it's done in public.  But, I don't see why it has to be a big deal when an organization decides to not do the pledge.  How did being patriotic become a partisan issue?  Now, I don't know why the council decided to not recite it.  But, just the fact that they aren't......shouldn't be some huge political issue.

• Plus1 2