Trump's America

zoogs

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not to take away from the rest of your post, but I know a family who was transferred there for the husband's job.  They found it very different.

Hmm wonder where they live.  My brother lives in Dageu.  Im not saying there is no crime at all, just know they have a low crime rate.

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Hmm wonder where they live.  My brother lives in Dageu.  Im not saying there is no crime at all, just know they have a low crime rate.

Not sure.  I know he put in for a transfer as soon as he could because of it, he was then transferred to Australia for a while.

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

People in Tokyo drop dead from overwork. The work culture there is pretty crazy. 

Funny this came up. I'm working with a client in South Korea and just now I was checking our email conversation and realized these guys were still working at 3 a.m.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Funny this came up. I'm working with a client in South Korea and just now I was checking our email conversation and realized these guys were still working at 3 a.m.

Yep. People want to talk about the American work culture, which can be greatly improved don't get me wrong, but corperate work culture in some Asian countries is almost inhumane even though these people do choose that life. It is extremely demanding.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Glad to see Kenny is still his thoughtful self.

It's amazing how bent out of shape right-wingers get any time anyone makes even the milquetoast critique of something like the flag, a symbol. Also, isn't the point of free enterprise that Nike has the right to do whatever it wants regardless of public pressure?

Ricketts continues to be an embarrassment to our state.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Glad to see Kenny is still his thoughtful self.

It's amazing how bent out of shape right-wingers get any time anyone makes even the milquetoast critique of something like the flag, a symbol. Also, isn't the point of free enterprise that Nike has the right to do whatever it wants regardless of public pressure?

Ricketts continues to be an embarrassment to our state.

It used to be a standard that the flag should not be used for personal or commercial gain. 

I guess that isn’t the conservative view of the flag. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It used to be a standard that the flag should not be used for personal or commercial gain.  

I guess that isn’t the conservative view of the flag.  

I think at this point it's best described as "you shut your mouth when you talk bad about the flag."

I do find the continued commercialization of the military and the flag for profit pretty gross, though.

21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Same here.  I was having a skype conversation wt our sales rep in SK just this morning and he is still working at 10pm his time.   At 10 pm last night I was in bed!

13 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

A classic case of f#cked up priorities 

None of us should tolerate putting anyone's vanity over suffering human beings, whether they're citizens or not.

Ok that was last years proposed military parade scheduled for Nov 10, 2018.   Wasn't it canceled due to the high price tag?  I wonder what the cost will be this year for his military show ont he 4th?    Probably not big enough for Trump's ego.