*Redux CFP analysis and prediction*

Redux

Who else thinks Ohio State is a lock? Who thinks they are out unless Clemson or Washington loses.

I think Ohio State is a lock. I would put them in ahead of Penn State.

Can't imagine they would be in ahead of a Conference Champion Penn State that beat them head-to-head.

But Ohio State's overall resume is more impressive. 1 loss to 2 for Penn State. 3 wins over current top 10 teams vs. 2 wins for Penn State (assuming Penn State beats Wisky). The only factor for Penn State is the win over Ohio State. If the committee goes back and reviews that game Ohio State had more game control in that game and it was a couple fluky plays on Special Teams that gave Penn State the win.

Who else thinks Ohio State is a lock? Who thinks they are out unless Clemson or Washington loses.

Can't imagine they would be in ahead of a Conference Champion Penn State that beat them head-to-head.

But Ohio State's overall resume is more impressive. 1 loss to 2 for Penn State. 3 wins over current top 10 teams vs. 2 wins for Penn State (assuming Penn State beats Wisky). The only factor for Penn State is the win over Ohio State. If the committee goes back and reviews that game Ohio State had more game control in that game and it was a couple fluky plays on Special Teams that gave Penn State the win.

I don't disagree but those are the committee's criteria.

I don't disagree but those are the committee's criteria.

The committee has said those are factors/criteria, not the requirements. Based on the entire season, I would put in Ohio State over Penn State.

If I'm on the committee, I'm asking myself which team has the best chance of beating Bama? The answer is Ohio State. If Ohio State is left out of the playoff this year, we might as well just go back to the system we had before it. If Washington wins the Pac-12, I think they get into the playoff. If CU wins the Pac-12, then I think the winner of the B1G gets into the playoff. At this juncture, I just can't think of a scenario where CU or OU can get into the playoff.

Even if Ohio State gets left out, this playoff is vastly superior to a computer picking two teams.

on that we can agree! Honestly I think Michigan may be an even better representative than OSU even though OSU pulled it out Saturday. The BIG is sure making it hard on the committee this year. Every other conference made it easy for em!

Edit: Excuse me, Michigan would not be a better representative. They looked better vs OSU if it weren't for some turnovers, but for a second that loss to Iowa slipped my mind

Even if Ohio State gets left out, this playoff is vastly superior to a computer picking two teams.

on that we can agree! Honestly I think Michigan may be an even better representative than OSU even though OSU pulled it out Saturday. The BIG is sure making it hard on the committee this year. Every other conference made it easy for em!

Edit: Excuse me, Michigan would not be a better representative. They looked better vs OSU if it weren't for some turnovers, but for a second that loss to Iowa slipped my mind

I don't agree with the bolded part. Other than Bama, everyone else is making it hard on the committee this year.

Nailed the top 4 on Nov. 26th.

Comittee disagrees.

I don't agree with the bolded part. Other than Bama, everyone else is making it hard on the committee this year.

How so? Big 12 eliminated themselves and the ACC and the Pac 12 gave the comittee 1 strong 1 loss team to represent their conference as champions. The Big 10 on the other hand had 3 teams that could make a case and the one that made it wasn't even the conference champion. No need to be edgy, there was really no debates outside of the Big 10

I have to believe there was plenty to debate. While Washington is a one loss CC, they're strength of schedule had to cause a primary debate as to whether they belonged in the playoff or not. I do find it a bit humorous how the brackets or rankings came down. There was no way they were going to let Bama and Ohio State play each other first before the final game. I could see that coming from a mile away.