Solich Curse question

Solich curse? I thought that was when you try to be a nice guy and buy a round of drinks for a bunch of college kids, only to have one of them slip you a roofie causing you to drive the wrong way on a one-way street and get arrested.

:lol:

• Fire 1

I thought Solich was trying to break his own "curse" of not winning a conference title in as long as Nebraska has.....

I know this was meant as a joke, but really we could see our 17-year conference title drought as another "curse". I don't see us breaking that one this year, but technically we still could.

I'll see a 2 or 3-loss season as major progress. Division and conference titles will be the goal next year IMHO.

I thought Solich was trying to break his own "curse" of not winning a conference title in as long as Nebraska has.....

I know this was meant as a joke, but really we could see our 17-year conference title drought as another "curse". I don't see us breaking that one this year, but technically we still could.

I'll see a 2 or 3-loss season as major progress. Division and conference titles will be the goal next year IMHO.

That is the true Solich curse as his recruiting has led to what we are now. Which is that we are happy about a season where we don't lose 4 games and it is the best since Tom's players left. If you compare the schedules we are basically reliving the 2003 season. The only difference is that we lost three games by 17 points to an unranked Mizzou team in Columbia, 24 points to # 16 Texas in Austin, 29 points to an unranked KSU in Lincoln and didn't beat any ranked teams. This year we are likely not to beat any ranked teams (unless it happens in the bowl game) and have one OT loss and one obliteration to the (as of today) # 5 and #2 teams in the country on the road with at least two games left.

We lost 3 games by a total of 70 points in 2003 and our two losses this year are by a total of 66 points thanks to the obliteration in Columbus.

It wouldn't be less than 3 losses in the regular season, because we went 10-2 reg season under Bo in 2010 and 2012.

Wouldn't we have to go 11-1 in the regular season to break it?

Why?

Re-read the OP and you will have your answer. Landlord was responding to it. He just didn't quote me in it.