***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

You guys aren't watching this game, are you?

I'm watching the game. Yea he misses throws, they both do, but Barrett is more willing to go underneath and go through his progression. Barrett completes 10% more of his throws than Armstrong. Armstrong is better?

Put Armstrong in that offense and he'd be much more productive.

You guys aren't watching this game, are you?

I'm watching the game. Yea he misses throws, they both do, but Barrett is more willing to go underneath and go through his progression. Barrett completes 10% more of his throws than Armstrong. Armstrong is better?
Put Armstrong in that offense and he'd be much more productive.
he was in that offense his freshman and sophomore year with the same results

Anyone who thinks Armstrong is worse than Barrett hasn't watched this game or this season.

you haven't paid attention to either of their careers. At best they are similarly talented which I would say is true but Barrett just has more touch and takes what the D gives more he has his whole career. Michigan is an elite defense, it's not that surprising he is struggling today. Although he is just missing throws, alot like Armstrong did yesterday

Watch the Penn State QB hit an open receiver with a couple yards step on a defender on a 40 yard pass. That would have changed the complexion of the Iowa game, matching them big play for big play.

I think Armstrong was too hurt to run and a little rusty down field passing.

The team will look different in a bowl due to everyone getting their boots, casts, and wraps off, and a couple weeks of healthy practice.

Well Mav, they are our best win whether you agree or not.

Considering they haven't played anyone else on our schedule, it can only be an opinion one way or the other. I'm not sure I have a definite opinion. Sagarin had Northwestn rated #42 coming into the week and Wyoming rated #75. Considering Northwestern won and Wyoming is getting shredded by New Mexico, I tend to think there will be even more of a discrepancy after this week.

So I give credit to Wyoming for the season they've had. But I don't see how an 8-4 Mountain West team with a sophomore QB in his second start who threw 5 INTs makes a really great case for being the best team we beat. Even in a season where we only managed to be two teams with winning records.