Iowa's Faith Ekakitie says he was target of racial slurs from Nebraska player

Kernal

Consider the source....dude has lied about crap in the past

About what exactly?
He blows things out of proportion. Try's to make a story when there isn't much therehttp://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2016/7/25/12268642/faith-ekakitie-cops-guns-bank-robbery-icpd-blm
So he hasn't lied to the media about anything then?
He "tried" to play the victim then and is doing the same thing here. Why make this public and not name the player. Doesn't he want that said player to be disciplined for his remarks?

This reminds me of the Chase Daniels incident where he reported that he got spit out which turned out to be false

I don't usually post on other team's message boards but your comments are so egregious I can't stay quiet. What happened in Iowa City was not a false report or "blown out of proportion". He had guns drawn on him in a case of mistaken identity for a bank robber when he only vaguely fit the description at best. (Being African-American with "something on his head") Faith handled that situation with the utmost class and dignity when many other players might have made a way bigger deal out of it. I don't know what was said on the field yesterday but you need to get your facts straight before calling someone a liar and bringing their character into question.
Your player had his hands in his hoody pockets what do you think the cops are going to do?

Again don't accuse someone of something and not bring up said person(s) publicly. He could've informed his coach privately to contact Nebraska privately but instead opened a can of worms by making this public and not naming names.

About what exactly?
He blows things out of proportion. Try's to make a story when there isn't much therehttp://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2016/7/25/12268642/faith-ekakitie-cops-guns-bank-robbery-icpd-blm
He "tried" to play the victim then and is doing the same thing here. Why make this public and not name the player. Doesn't he want that said player to be disciplined for his remarks?

This reminds me of the Chase Daniels incident where he reported that he got spit out which turned out to be false

I don't usually post on other team's message boards but your comments are so egregious I can't stay quiet. What happened in Iowa City was not a false report or "blown out of proportion". He had guns drawn on him in a case of mistaken identity for a bank robber when he only vaguely fit the description at best. (Being African-American with "something on his head") Faith handled that situation with the utmost class and dignity when many other players might have made a way bigger deal out of it. I don't know what was said on the field yesterday but you need to get your facts straight before calling someone a liar and bringing their character into question.

You are totally right - please know that the opinions and ignorant comments of some on this board do not reflect our state or the football fans as a whole.

• Fire 2

About what exactly?

Your player had his hands in his hoody pockets what do you think the cops are going to do?

Again don't accuse someone of something and not bring up said person(s) publicly. He could've informed his coach privately to contact Nebraska privately but instead opened a can of worms by making this public and not naming names.

Dewiz please stop. Just stop.

• Fire 3

About what exactly?

He was a victim! The only reason they stopped him is beacuse he is black! The dude is 3 bills and the guy who stuck up the store is probably a buck 70 soaking wet. How in the hell does that fit the description? He wanted to tell his side of the story and he did so in a very well mannered way.

Maybe he doesn't want to name names because he knows that's not really who the player really is. Maybe he doesn't want the media backlash to follow them for the rest of their career and life. Maybe he will talk with NU athletics and inform them who it was so they can take care of it quietly, and the player involved can learn without screwing up his future.

He doesn't really know who the player really was? Now you're just reaching here. Maybe just maybe it didn't happen or he misheard what our player said

Look he fit the discription (black and wearing a hoodie) so any cop is going to stop any individual who A) Is black and B) Wearing a hoodie.

He then goes out of his way to post of Facebook that he was racially profiled blah blah blah. Again playing the victim feel sorry for me when the cops were only doing their job.

You have no idea what you're talking about. He actually thanked the police officers for doing their job.

• Fire 1

By not naming names he does a few things:

1) He labels our entire team with Nebraska = Racists. This is the takeaway casual readers of this story will glean from it. We do not deserve a moniker like this.

2) He doesn't allow the player to explain his side of the story. Maybe he was misheard, maybe he was responding to something Ekakitie said that was equally as bad. Or, if the player would be brave enough to admit it and accept his punishment, he doesn't allow them to apologize as publicly as Ekakitie made the accusation.

3) He prevents the school and administration from knowing exactly how to handle the situation. There would be immediate and swift retribution, obviously, if they knew who exactly said what he's alleging. By being vague with his accusation he's made their job harder.

4) He slurs an opponent after kicking their ass on the field. Even if this actually happened as he describes, an honorable man wouldn't take it to the press before taking it to his coaches or the administration.

Clearly trouncing Nebraska on the field wasn't enough to ameliorate the issue for him, clearly he was still very upset about it after the game, upset enough to handle it this way. Maybe that lends credence to his story. Hard to say.

What I do know is, given the opportunity, Nebraska will make this right. Ekakitie can show himself the bigger man by doing everything in his power to make that happen. This wasn't a good first step.

• Fire 9

By not naming names he does a few things:

1) He labels our entire team with Nebraska = Racists. This is the takeaway casual readers of this story will glean from it. We do not deserve a moniker like this.

2) He doesn't allow the player to explain his side of the story. Maybe he was misheard, maybe he was responding to something Ekakitie said that was equally as bad. Or, if the player would be brave enough to admit it and accept his punishment, he doesn't allow them to apologize as publicly as Ekakitie made the accusation.

3) He prevents the school and administration from knowing exactly how to handle the situation. There would be immediate and swift retribution, obviously, if they knew who exactly said what he's alleging. By being vague with his accusation he's made their job harder.

4) He slurs an opponent after kicking their ass on the field. Even if this actually happened as he describes, an honorable man wouldn't take it to the press before taking it to his coaches or the administration.

Clearly trouncing Nebraska on the field wasn't enough to ameliorate the issue for him, clearly he was still very upset about it after the game, upset enough to handle it this way. Maybe that lends credence to his story. Hard to say.

What I do know is, given the opportunity, Nebraska will make this right. Ekakitie can show himself the bigger man by doing everything in his power to make that happen. This wasn't a good first step.

Knapp you know that type of logic isn't welcomed here

About what exactly?

He was a victim! The only reason they stopped him is beacuse he is black! The dude is 3 bills and the guy who stuck up the store is probably a buck 70 soaking wet. How in the hell does that fit the description? He wanted to tell his side of the story and he did so in a very well mannered way.

Maybe he doesn't want to name names because he knows that's not really who the player really is. Maybe he doesn't want the media backlash to follow them for the rest of their career and life. Maybe he will talk with NU athletics and inform them who it was so they can take care of it quietly, and the player involved can learn without screwing up his future.

He doesn't really know who the player really was? Now you're just reaching here. Maybe just maybe it didn't happen or he misheard what our player said

Look he fit the discription (black and wearing a hoodie) so any cop is going to stop any individual who A) Is black and B) Wearing a hoodie.

He then goes out of his way to post of Facebook that he was racially profiled blah blah blah. Again playing the victim feel sorry for me when the cops were only doing their job.

No. I said maybe he knows that's really not who the player is. AKA that's not his true character. I don't think you really mishear a racial slur for African Americans, but ok...

The reason he wrote what he did is to get his side out their, show the restraint both he and the officers had, and draw attention to something that shouldn't of happened. Just stop dude...

• Fire 1

This board needs a feature after stupid losses like this: A 30-second timer that starts after you hit the Post button. Above it we'll have the words, "Are you sure you really want to post this?"

Folks, I know it's been a rough political season, and I know passions are still sky-high about it. I know everyone's upset about getting killed on national TV again.

But please, stop posting political stuff in the football forum.

• Fire 2

About what exactly?

No. I said maybe he knows that's really not who the player is. AKA that's not his true character. I don't think you really mishear a racial slur for African Americans, but ok...

The reason he wrote what he did is to get his side out their, show the restraint both he and the officers had, and draw attention to something that shouldn't of happened. Just stop dude...

No bro

This board needs a feature after stupid losses like this: A 30-second timer that starts after you hit the Post button. Above it we'll have the words, "Are you sure you really want to post this?"

Folks, I know it's been a rough political season, and I know passions are still sky-high about it. I know everyone's upset about getting killed on national TV again.

But please, stop posting political stuff in the football forum.

/modhat

But seriously I agree.

About what exactly?

Not ever having one gun, much more four guns pointed at me, I can't say what I would do after returning home safely in a situation like what occurred to him.

Kids in college towns/ high school walk around with headphones all the time. Not smart, but it's what they do.

I didn't take the statement he posted to Facebook as playing the victim. I think in his opinion he was wrongfully targeted and went to social media. Lots of people do this as they view it as a good way to keep friends and family updated on things.

Lastly, I read he had head phones and if they assumed it was a hoody I will infer it was the big ear covering headphones instead of small ear buds, but I didn't read anything that said he had on a hoodie like the suspect.