Tangent Thread - Football Talk Turns Political Edition

Heck....america voted a bigot to be our president. Guess this kind of stuff doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, you mean the new President who has already chosen women and minorities for his cabinet?

There are other forums for low information voters to discuss politics. Let's keep this one about football.

I'm sure that there will be an attempt by NU's coaching staff to reach out privately to get more info about this and it will be addressed.

Heck....america voted a bigot to be our president. Guess this kind of stuff doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, you mean the new President who has already chosen women and minorities for his cabinet?

There are other forums for low information voters to discuss politics. Let's keep this one about football.

I'm sure that there will be an attempt by NU's coaching staff to reach out privately to get more info about this and it will be addressed.

Rush Limbaugh devotee spotted

• Fire 1

Actually America got tired of the corruption that has been going on for years and just decided to not vote for HRC. So trump won more by default.

Since this sh#t hasn't been moved yet, I'll pile on.

America didn't choose Trump. Americans in the correct parts of the country for a Trump electoral college win chose Trump.

Yes, I saw you inject this into the football thread too. Our current President has done enough damage to this country and created divisiveness not seen in generations. We are far more divided as a nation now than when he took office in 2009, and that is not a result of the 2016 election.

Actually America got tired of the corruption that has been going on for years and just decided to not vote for HRC. So trump won more by default.

America didn't choose Trump. Americans in the correct parts of the country for a Trump electoral college win chose Trump.

Give me a break...you are still complaining about the election results. As I said before, trying to assume the outcome of the election based upon a new system, when the entire election and campaign was based upon the actual system founded by the Constitution, is like trying to argue that your basketball team would have won the game had their not been a 3-point line as the other team racked up points behind the arch. We have no idea how the final election results would have turned out had both candidates run a national campaign. What we do know is that, in those battleground states where both competed head on, that Trump got the better of Clinton in most of the states. Had he campaigned and ran in deep blue states where Hillary had huge margins, he could have easily cut into those margins and won the popular vote. It's silly to continue complaining about it...get over it. It's over.

• Fire 1

So how do you feel about the secret service renting a floor and paying Trump Corp to make his NYC building safe for his wife and son? Paying Trump with taxpayer dollars, by the way.

Or how about ambassadors staying at Trump hotels in DC? How does this not ring alarm bells in people? For all the "pay to play" that was accused at Clinton, this seems more tangible than anything that Clinton was accused of.

• Fire 1

I'd suggest you touch up on your knowledge of US government. As much the left hates it, the Constitution still means something.

• Fire 1

That's an awful autocratic thing of you to say there, bnil. Trying to quash dissent? Don't go trying to create a PC culture, now.

Anyone who complains about corruption in politics while praising Trump hasn't done one lick of reading about his past.

LOL. Dissent you say? Too bad you didn't pay attention to the last 8 years.

• Fire 1

I'd suggest you touch up on your knowledge of US government. As much the left hates it, the Constitution still means something.

I'd suggest you touch up on your reading comprehension. Trump won the election for the exact reasons I stated. Not because Americans decided not to vote for Clinton.