you don't want to admit it

marko polo

Michigan has 8 talented defensive lineman that can rotate all game. Something we definitely do not have

Nah talent means nothing. Harbaugh went 17-20 his first 3 years at Stanford bc he didn't know how to coach, not talent reasons. You don't need time to build it.

Get a good coach talent is meaningless.

Please tell me you didn't just compare a Stanford team that won 16 games in five seasons prior to Harbaugh, to a Nebraska team that won 47 games in 5 years..

It's not a comparison, it's the ignorance that talent doesn't matter. It matters. Harbaugh was a great coach when he started at Stanford but needed to get the talent level up to win there. Riley is going to win 9 or 10 games this season fwiw.

Same reason Bill Snyder has only won 65% of his games. He's as good a coach as I've ever seen but is limited by lack of talent.

• Fire 1

Michigan has 8 talented defensive lineman that can rotate all game. Something we definitely do not have

Nah talent means nothing. Harbaugh went 17-20 his first 3 years at Stanford bc he didn't know how to coach, not talent reasons. You don't need time to build it.

Get a good coach talent is meaningless.

Please tell me you didn't just compare a Stanford team that won 16 games in five seasons prior to Harbaugh, to a Nebraska team that won 47 games in 5 years..

It's not a comparison, it's the ingnorance that talent doesn't matter. It matters. Harbaugh was a great coach when he started at Stanford but needed to get the talent level up to win there. Riley is going to win 9 or 10 games this season fwiw.

Same reason Bill Snyder has only won 65% of his games. He's as good a coach as I've ever seen but is limited by lack of talent.

Good thing nobody has actually said that then. But please, continue with your strawman brigade.

I hope Scott Frost continues to grow as a head coach so that when Coach Riley retires (we all know that SE will not fire him) we can offer Scott the head coach position. Who knows-maybe that has been the plan all along?

If we wait until Frost matures there is no way we get him to come here with all the teams that will vie for his services.

But I thought we could get any coach we wanted for the right amount of $$$

Wisconsin is now behind Minnesota. Did our players/coaches tank on purpose because they didn't want to be in the champ game? Lol

Yep. Every game is individual. It's even more then it used to be, because of changes in scholarships and game rules.

What does it say if we go to OT with Wisconsin, beat Minnesota and Wisconsin looses in OT to Ohio state and losses to Minnesota. Nothing. That's what. You have to win the game in front of you. One, sixty, same thing.

• Fire 1

This watering down of expectations by people who supported the firing of two .700+ coaches is amusing.

And sad.

yes it is sad

The worst part about going 6-7 last year was making it seem that a 9-3 record and no division championship is actually thought of as a good season with "improvement". It's only improvement because 2015 was so bad.

• Fire 2

But watching MU and OSU this is what envy feels like as the sand runs out of our grip.

what i'm more envious of is how a school like penn state has been able to overcome arguably the worst football scandal the sport has ever witnessed only 5 years ago, go through several coaching changes, beat one of the teams that will likely be in the CFP, will play for the conference championship, and a likely new-years 6 bowl game. Nebraska is no where near competing at this level and don't think Riley and his lackeys will get us there during his entire tenure which will last a minimum of 3 more years. i feel like darker years for husker football are yet to come.

I hope Scott Frost continues to grow as a head coach so that when Coach Riley retires (we all know that SE will not fire him) we can offer Scott the head coach position. Who knows-maybe that has been the plan all along?

If we wait until Frost matures there is no way we get him to come here with all the teams that will vie for his services.

But I thought we could get any coach we wanted for the right amount of $$$

I never claimed that but last year that would have been true. In the future? Not so much.