Huskers vs. Creighton

Mavric

Shoot 13% on threes but still take one every three shots. I'm sure that will work out.

#DribbleDrive

Does it really matter, as we only shot 32% from the field. We only have 2 scorers and the problem lies in who will be the 3rd.

By the way, shooting 32% from the field includes the 13% on threes. We were just over 40% from inside the arc. Not to mention a good portion of the 13-for-16 from the line coming from attacking the basket.

If we took 22 more two-pointers and no threes - at the same percentage - we would have scored 9 more points. We were down by 10 with 27 seconds left. So yes, I think it makes a difference.

I actually like Miles. But can someone tell me what he does well as a coach? Besides that one season we haven't showed progression since he was hired.

He recruits well, but he doesn't use the talent to the best of his ability. We get good players and they just leave after a good season or two-AW3, TP, WP. I think getting those grad transfers set us back a ways. Also that Texas sg that transferred I thought was good but after one year bolted. Fuller hasn't played to potential either and if we don't get knock down shooters we will not be good.

The team needs to shoot like heck at the next practice, run some offense and shoot so we can hit shots.

I attended the game tonight. Outside of the 8 minute stretch at the end of the 1st half it looked like a Middle School team. Errant passes, losing the ball driving to the basket, not boxing out, not switching or talking on a pick and roll thereby giving an open lane to the basket for Creighton. There are 3 kids on this team that try to play like a D1 player. The rest should be playing for an NAIA school. Jack M may occasionally hit a couple 3's but he kills the team with the rest of his game. He can't play defense, can't rebound or make a good pass. Jordy honestly looks like a kid who has never played the game. He is lost more than 4 feet from the basket. I could go on and on. This team won't win 4 games in the BIG and Miles will be gone after this year. Eichorst better get out the check book.

I actually like Miles. But can someone tell me what he does well as a coach? Besides that one season we haven't showed progression since he was hired.

It is very troubling that it seems like our offensive strategy seems to be what? Stand outside the 3 point line and just pass it around. Jordy was looking good the first half and we never got him the ball. Our players never move much without the ball either.

The Jays rolled into Pinnacle Bank Arena, made only five 3s, made only 12 of 23 free throws, recorded as many turnovers as assists (13), gave up 16 offensive rebounds, got 15 combined points from Marcus Foster and Justin Patton, who averaged 32.2 coming in … and still won by 15.

From a Creighton perspective, it was a solid but forgettable evening in a rivalry that hasn’t been competitive since the Sadler/Altman days. Nebraska hasn’t just lost six straight to Creighton, it hasn’t played the Jays within single digits during that span.

Just about everybody saw this one coming (except the Vegas oddsmakers), but it’s no less damaging for Tim Miles, who’s again fighting upstream after two seasons near the Big Ten cellar. After a road trip to Kansas Saturday and two non-con cupcakes, Nebraska will likely enter Big Ten play 7-5. Then it goes to Indiana and Maryland. You’re looking at 7-7 on New Year’s Day.

Nebraska deserves some slack for playing the schedule it has. Unlike a lot of peers (including its in-state rival), the Huskers have embraced non-conference challenges this season, most notably KU. But the record isn’t going to be pretty at season’s end, and that’s ultimately how programs are judged.

OWH

My site's only giving +4.5 to us that doesn't seem like much. Are we really that close this year?

If I were a betting man, I would take Creighton in a heart beat on that and bet a lot of money.

I did, only regret is I didn't bet more. :facepalm:

Easiest $300 I've ever made

I don't know. What's the spread for the Kansas game?

My site's only giving +4.5 to us that doesn't seem like much. Are we really that close this year?

If I were a betting man, I would take Creighton in a heart beat on that and bet a lot of money.

I did, only regret is I didn't bet more. :facepalm:

Easiest $300 I've ever made

Uggg! nice bet!

I only did it for 40!