How long until Miles is on the hot seat

He has more top recruits on campus than any coach has since...ever maybe? I say we give him 2 years to see if he can get it done...gotta give those young guys chances to adjust to big time BBall.

Basketball, more than any other sport, is where freshmen can come in and succeed right away. There isn't a 2-3 year wait period for kids to grow into their bodies and adapt to a college S&C program. If kids can play, they'll make an impact immediately.

• Fire 3

Big Ten is way down this year so there are wins that can be had.

If Miles can can grab 7 wins at home...then anything can happen.

Agree that the B1G doesn't appear quite as strong as in the past. But I'm not sure we are either.

Home schedule - Current record

Iowa - 7-5

Northwestern - 10-2

Ohio State - 9-3

Purdue - 10-2

Michigan State - 7-5

Wisconsin - 10-2

Penn State - 7-5

Illinois - 9-3

Michigan - 9-3

We do get some help as only two of those teams are currently in the top half of the league, record-wise. But considering we a .500 team right now, I don't think I see 7-2 against that schedule.

He has more top recruits on campus than any coach has since...ever maybe? I say we give him 2 years to see if he can get it done...gotta give those young guys chances to adjust to big time BBall.

Basketball, more than any other sport, is where freshmen can come in and succeed right away. There isn't a 2-3 year wait period for kids to grow into their bodies and adapt to a college S&C program. If kids can play, they'll make an impact immediately.

Now we have your opinion. I disagree.

That's fine. You're wrong, but that's fine.

• Fire 1

If by wrong you mean right then you're right. If not, you're wrong yet again. Which means you're on a great streak of absolute wrongness.

If being wrong is wrong...you don't want to be right.

Just the same, to think any athlete that is 17-18 years old can be dropped into any physical sport and compete right away...is shortsighted.

BTW, My 2 year remark was about both redshirting talent and those sitting out for transfer rules.

The f#ck did I just read?

Regardless. College basketball players do not need years worth of development. Freshmen can, and have historically, come in and provided an immediate impact. That's been pretty well established. Miles has been here for 5 years and all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia and New Zealand. With recruiting it seems like he's just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks. "Kid from Australia? Sure. Kid that couldn't hack it at Georgetown/Louisville/Kansas? Why not?"

• Fire 1

If by wrong you mean right then you're right. If not, you're wrong yet again. Which means you're on a great streak of absolute wrongness.

Just the same, to think any athlete that is 17-18 years old can be dropped into any physical sport and compete right away...is shortsighted.

BTW, My 2 year remark was about both redshirting talent and those sitting out for transfer rules.

Regardless. College basketball players do not need years worth of development. Freshmen can, and have historically, come in and provide an immediate impact. Miles has been here for 5 years and all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia and New Zealand.

Agree with the bolded.

The rest.....not really.

Regardless. College basketball players do not need years worth of development. Freshmen can, and have historically, come in and provide an immediate impact. Miles has been here for 5 years and all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia and New Zealand.

Agree with the bolded.

The rest.....not really.

The rest

Miles has been here for 5 years. Check

Jack McVeigh, Tai Webster. Both from down under. Check

Tim has had transfers from Georgetown, Kansas, Florida Atlantic, Texas Tech, Miami, Odessa College and Louisville. Check.