How long until Miles is on the hot seat

OH...that's right. Benny Parker, Shevon Shields, Nick Fuller, Jacob Hammond, Tarin Smith, Glynn Watson, Ed Morrow, Isaiaha Roby, Jordy Tsimanga, Jariah Horne never have been part of the program over the last 5 years.

Did... Did you really think that I thought all of Tim's recruits were just transfers and foreigners? Do you understand hyperbole?

• Fire 1

OH...that's right. Benny Parker, Shevon Shields, Nick Fuller, Jacob Hammond, Tarin Smith, Glynn Watson, Ed Morrow, Isaiaha Roby, Jordy Tsimanga, Jariah Horne never have been part of the program over the last 5 years.

Did... Did you really think that I thought all of Tim's recruits were just transfers and foreigners? Do you understand hyperbole?

What did your post say?

When I said I didn't agree with that part, you simply could have said...."hey, it was hyperbole". But, instead you actually posted something acting like you were backing up the claim.

Fact is, even your hyperbole doesn't make sense.

You said you didn't agree with "the rest." I backed up 3 claims attributed to "The rest" because there was relative truth to it.

-Miles has been here for 5 years. Fact

-This team currently has two players from down under. Fact

-Miles has a history of acquiring transfers. Fact

The line "all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia/New Zealand" is hyperbole. There's relative truth to it but of course not ALL of his recruits fall under that category. I'm sorry that wasn't clear enough for you. I'll simplify it next time.

He has more top recruits on campus than any coach has since...ever maybe? I say we give him 2 years to see if he can get it done...gotta give those young guys chances to adjust to big time BBall.

Basketball, more than any other sport, is where freshmen can come in and succeed right away. There isn't a 2-3 year wait period for kids to grow into their bodies and adapt to a college S&C program. If kids can play, they'll make an impact immediately.

Now we have your opinion. I disagree.

That's fine. You're wrong, but that's fine.

If by wrong you mean right then you're right. If not, you're wrong yet again. Which means you're on a great streak of absolute wrongness.

If being wrong is wrong...you don't want to be right.

Just the same, to think any athlete that is 17-18 years old can be dropped into any physical sport and compete right away...is shortsighted.

BTW, My 2 year remark was about both redshirting talent and those sitting out for transfer rules.

Malik Monk says hello

You said you didn't agree with "the rest." I backed up 3 claims attributed to "The rest" because there was relative truth to it.

The line "all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia/New Zealand" is hyperbole. There's relative truth to it but of course not ALL of his recruits fall under that category. I'm sorry that wasn't clear enough for you. I'll simplify it next time.

Soooo.....you said something that wasn't true, I disagreed with that. I'm the one not understanding.

Ok.

Soooo.....you said something that wasn't true, I disagreed with that. I'm the one not understanding.

Ok.

You said that you didn't agree with this statement.

"Miles has been here for 5 years and all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia and New Zealand."

Miles has been here for 5 years, so there's no disputing that.

I made an off the cuff, hyperbolic and exaggerated statement about Miles penchant for transfers and players from New Zealand/Australia. You seemed to take it as literal, that I believed 100% of Miles' recruits were transfers or from New Zealand/Australia. I assumed that was exaggerated enough for you to understand it was hyperbole. You clearly did not.

Ok.

"Miles has been here for 5 years and all he's managed to recruit are washout transfers and kids from Australia and New Zealand."

I made an off the cuff, hyperbolic and exaggerated statement about Miles penchant for transfers and players from New Zealand/Australia. You seemed to take it as literal, that I believed 100% of Miles' recruits were transfers or from New Zealand/Australia. I assumed that was exaggerated enough for you to understand it was hyperbole. You clearly did not.

And that's fine. So, then when I say I disagree with it, all you need to say is.....Hey, I was being hyperbolic and not serious.....instead, you went on to try to defend your statement.

Now, your hyperbolic statement makes me believe that you believe he has only been able to recruit transfers and players from New Zealand/Australia that contributed to the program (since we all know he has recruited players from HS in the US. That's the only logical assumption that can be made by your hyperbolic statement.

Well....so.....I don't even agree with you on that because he has brought in a number of good players from HS in the US.

So....if I am way off base, then what were you meaning by your hyperbolic statement?

Ok.

And that's fine. So, then when I say I disagree with it, all you need to say is.....Hey, I was being hyperbolic and not serious.....instead, you went on to try to defend your statement.

Now, your hyperbolic statement makes me believe that you believe he has only been able to recruit transfers and players from New Zealand/Australia that contributed to the program (since we all know he has recruited players from HS in the US. That's the only logical assumption that can be made by your hyperbolic statement.

Well....so.....I don't even agree with you on that because he has brought in a number of good players from HS in the US.

So....if I am way off base, then what were you meaning by your hyperbolic statement?

Yes. We all know that, (which I thought was implied), which is the essence of my exaggerated statement.

I just meant he recruits foreigners and transfers often. That's all.

Ok.

Yes. We all know that, (which I thought was implied), which is the essence of my exaggerated statement.

I just meant he recruits foreigners and transfers often. That's all.

I guess the lesson learned so that we could have saved 15 post would be to say "miles recruits foreigners and transfers often", however that is nothing close to what was stated in post #62 especially since miles has recruited and currently has more top 150 players on campus then any coach with the exception of a 4 year run of some talent that Danny Nee produced.