T. Armstrong/B. Farve

In the grand scheme of Tommy Armstrong's development and career as a Nebraska quarterback, I think we can safely say Brett Farve's influence (whatever that may be) was minimal in comparison to the coaching he received.

I'll admit it's funny to poke fun at Favre's successes and failures throwing some ridiculous passes in his career, but there's one big thing Favre did pretty well that Armstrong didn't - check down.

• Fire 2

In the grand scheme of Tommy Armstrong's development and career as a Nebraska quarterback, I think we can safely say Brett Farve's influence (whatever that may be) was minimal in comparison to the coaching he received.

I'll admit it's funny to poke fun at Favre's successes and failures throwing some ridiculous passes in his career, but there's one big thing Favre did pretty well that Armstrong didn't - check down.

Yep. Favre has the strong arm and tons of incredible throw only he could make and too many throws he never should have made, but he also did the quickest checkdowns in the NFL. Thousand of Favre's career yards were short checkdowns. If the play wasn't breaking the way he wanted, he had no problem take the 5 yard gain to the wide open RB in the flat. Always wished Tommy would have done the same.

• Fire 1

Yep. Favre has the strong arm and tons of incredible throw only he could make and too many throws he never should have made, but he also did the quickest checkdowns in the NFL. Thousand of Favre's career yards were short checkdowns. If the play wasn't breaking the way he wanted, he had no problem take the 5 yard gain to the wide open RB in the flat. Always wished Tommy would have done the same.

Lol. Sam Keller did that and was crucified by this fan base.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

Really? Asking honestly. I was maybe 16-17 at the time and didn't follow the program very closely, but was he really "crucified" by Husker fans for checking down to other passing options?

He was crucified for being not very good and having a throwing motion like an uncle rico too. Then when Ganz came in after Keller got hurt, Ganz ran the offense better than Keller, which made everyone question BC decision to ride with Keller. The hype on Keller was high at the time, but not limited to only Nebraska fans. He just never lived up to those expectations and thus the bashing.

• Fire 1

Unbelievable.

Really? Asking honestly. I was maybe 16-17 at the time and didn't follow the program very closely, but was he really "crucified" by Husker fans for checking down to other passing options?
nope. People dislike him due to the fact he sued EA and the NCAA, so now we don't have a college football video game.
  • Fire 2

Unbelievable.

Yes, they called him "Check down" for a reason. Every 3rd down he'd seemingly toss one out to Lucky and usually not convert. I think Lucky had 60 or 70 receptions that year. The fan base hated him for that. To be fair, Clownahan promising him the job didn't sit well with some.