Early Predictions for 2017 - Which Games Do We Win

Mavric

2017 Huskers  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted with the predication that our QB plays well and which makes our offense more productive.

I said 10-2 with losses to OSU and Penn St.

Now, if we have issues on offense, I would say we go 8-4.

I am now at the point where I feel like NU is at risk of being out-coached in a lot of games and that sucks.

You are free to feel that way.

I don't agree.

Based on...

I voted with the predication that our QB plays well and which makes our offense more productive.

I said 10-2 with losses to OSU and Penn St.

Now, if we have issues on offense, I would say we go 8-4.

I am now at the point where I feel like NU is at risk of being out-coached in a lot of games and that sucks.

You are free to feel that way.

I don't agree.

Based on...

The question is....are we going to be out coached in a lot of our games next year. I just don't see it. We won't get "out-coached" against Ark St, N Ill, Rut, Ill, Pur and Northwestern.

That leaves Ore, Minn, OSU, Wis, PSU and Iowa.

Oregon and Minnesota are in transitions. We will catch Oregon early in that transition and I don't think Minnesota is going to recover from their player turmoil easily.

That then leaves OSU, Wis, PSU and Iowa.

I believe we have the coaches that can beat Wisconsin and Iowa. We almost beat Wisconsin this year and proved we were competitive there. Did we? No. But, that doesn't mean we were out coached.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this but, I lay the Iowa loss squarely on the players. They clearly came into that game not caring about the game nearly as much as Iowa did. I don't get it. But, that's the attitude they brought. Rumors I have heard about practice that week, the coaches didn't feel that way.

I'll give you OSU and PSU for now. I'm not convinced that PSU is on top long term. We will see.

Anyway....it's fart from being "out-coached" in A LOT of our games next year.

Why do you think Wisconsin will be better than us and why do you think we will be out coached by Northwestern?

I think (I could be wrong) that Wisconsin returns most of their defense, so I think they will be better than NU.

I think that Riley and Fitz are about equal as coaches so I can see Fitz out coaching Riley this time around.

NW basically had the same team this year and 2015 and we beat them this year (should've been more considering the two fumbles in the end zone).

Why do people think they outcoach Nebraska? Whenever they beat us it's because of our own errors and leaving points on the field.

imo

• Fire 3

Why do you think Wisconsin will be better than us and why do you think we will be out coached by Northwestern?

I think (I could be wrong) that Wisconsin returns most of their defense, so I think they will be better than NU.

I think that Riley and Fitz are about equal as coaches so I can see Fitz out coaching Riley this time around.

Wisconsin doesn't lose a ton, but they do lose 3 keys on defense Watt is going pro, Beigle and Musso are seniors. They also lose there top 2 RB and that TE is finally a senior. BRB I also said 10-2. These predictions look like the predictions before the start of the 2016 season.

The only rough game we have next year on the road is Oregon. I am not sure that Oregon just automatically goes back to winning 10 games with a new coach. There will be some growing pains. I like what NU will have going. NU's whole season is based on getting good QB play next year. I don't mean average I mean good, 65% completions with a 2.5-1 TD to Int ratio. I don't care who it is. They still have good receivers with more on the way. They still have a couple of good backs. The O-line should be better. The defense I actually think will be better. Lots of talent back on defense, this may actaully be the most depth they will have had in about 10 years. Are you really going to miss Bando,Rose-Ivy and Gerry that much?

• Fire 2

I guess when you said, "out-coached in a lot of games" I was expecting more than just 3.

And, I would say all three of those are even questionable in that category. At worst, like you said, the coaches are equal.

Well, out coached doesn't mean NU will lose the game. Like a few years back Ball State out coached NU but NU won.

10-2, I could see that happening. Heck it is what they should have done this year.

• Fire 1