The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

1 minute ago, Apathy said:

I don’t know but when other countries like Mexico, Brazil, India, etc are using it with overwhelming positive results, I guess you can’t overlook those results and shut the door on it.

I guess I’m more open minded than others and I’m ok with that 

LOL.....not when you know the science behind the drug doesn't key on viruses.  

Sometimes it's best to use some common sense.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Apathy said:

I don’t know but when other countries like Mexico, Brazil, India, etc are using it with overwhelming positive results, I guess you can’t overlook those results and shut the door on it.

I guess I’m more open minded than others and I’m ok with that 

No, they aren't. 

Study in Brazil on ivermectin as a COVID-19 prevention is flawed, experts say

Success of ivermectin in preventing COVID-19 in India has not been proven

Do you know who makes Ivermectin? Merck.  What does Merck say about Ivermectin as a Covid treatment?

Merck, which makes ivermectin, has warned that there is no scientific basis to use its medicine to treat COVID-19, while the World Health Organization (WHO) and other regulatory bodies have also stated that there is no evidence that the treatment has an effect on the coronavirus and could be harmful in large doses.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Maybe all this Ivermectin talk could get moved @Enhance ?

It surprises me how fired up people get about COVID information or disinformation. Still. Even something like a Wuhan lab leak theory. Did Trump suggest Ivermectin? Maybe that is why it hits such a sore spot.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 minutes ago, nic said:

It surprises me how fired up people get about COVID information or disinformation. Still. Even something like a Wuhan lab leak theory. Did Trump suggest Ivermectin? Maybe that is why it hits such a sore spot.

It hits a sore spot because one million Americans died from Covid, many of them because of misinformation like the nonsense about ivermectin. 

How can people not care about that? That's baffling.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, nic said:

If you're talking about me, I'm not worked up about it.  Just trying to bat down disinformation and am always surprised at the number of people who believe it, even after it's been explained to them that it's wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

44 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Maybe all this Ivermectin talk could get moved @Enhance ?

Moved. Thanks.

However, please use report function in the future. Tagging individual mods usually leads to long delays in reviewing these kinds of things because they get lost in other notifications and/or we may not be around the site for whatever reason. The report tool leaves a notification in a separate module for all mods to be able to access/review.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Moved. Thanks.

However, please use report function in the future. Tagging individual mods usually leads to long delays in reviewing these kinds of things because they get lost in other notifications and/or we may not be around the site for whatever reason. The report tool leaves a notification in a separate module for all mods to be able to access/review.

Understood, sorry, thanks

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure I understand your sentence.  But, it is horse medicine.  Amazingly, some people still think it kills Covid.

ivermectin is snake oil that con men are selling to treat covid.   and there are plenty of marks willing to part with their money to buy it instead of getting the free vaccine that actually helps.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1