The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is really amazing to me for a couple of reasons.  One - the stupidity of it all.

The idea that “they” are putting vaccines in salad dressing likely trickled down from a recent story about how researchers at the University of California at Riverside are trying to develop a way to grow edible plants that contain the same medication active in the mRNA vaccines. Once a story like this finds its way into conspiracy-theory communities, it gets stripped for parts that can then be distorted to substantiate various fears about government mind control or whatever else, after which a game of telephone ensures that ends with your uncle eating his salad dry.

Your uncle is doing this because General Flynn and Clay Clark warned him about salad dressing while pressing the imperative to be “awake” to what’s really happening. The “devil,” as Clark’s wife put it during Flynn’s appearance, is out there trying to deceive people. “We need to go in with eyes wide open, saying, ‘Lord, let us not be deceived! Show us the truth!” she said. “Take the blinders off our eyes!'”

Clark followed his wife’s brief sermon by finishing a point he was making about how Senomyx, flavor additive in practically in many popular foods, contains human embryonic cells, a conspiracy theory that has long been debunked. “This is insane!” Flynn says

And more because I know who Clay Clark is.  He is a Tulsa guy.  He was in my Boy Scout club (Royal Rangers- actually) with my son when I was one of the assistant leaders- 30 years ago or so.  I knew his parents from church many years ago.  He went to school at ORU, I believe was kicked out or he just left.  Started a remote DJ business and sold it eventually making huge $$s.  He got into other businesses and promotes himself as a business guru - stating you don't need a college degree just all of the motivational stuff he is hawking today.  So, he has positioned himself as a Trump conspiracy nut now and he is promoting wacko candidates - such as the one running against Senator Lankford because Lankford withdrew from the GOP attempt to slow down the certification of the election after the Jan 6 riot.   Sad to see people go down this crazy road.  He is now a con man just like Trump unfortunately.  Whenever you see the latest anti-vax gathering or any other far right conspiracy gathering - he'll be there.  

Michael Flynn Says Covid Vaccines Might Be in Salad Dressing - Rolling Stone

• Thanks 1

This is what happens when dumb people over think things.

A few weeks ago, Breitbart News — the right-wing, hyperpartisan news site formerly run by Steve Bannon — published a truly galaxy brain column. Editor-at-large John Nolte argued that Democrats have been promoting the COVID-19 vaccine not to save lives but instead to trick Republican voters into not getting the jab. Nolte’s theory concluded that this, in turn, would lead to unvaccinated Republicans getting sick and dying from COVID-19, ultimately helping Democrats electorally.

Nolte claimed that liberals, in a sinister application of reverse psychology, knew that aggressively pushing the vaccine would lead those on the right to resist, putting them at greater risk for severe infection or death. “In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?” Nolte wrote. He then said that the real way to stick it to liberals would be to embrace the “Trump Vaccine” for the life-saving modern miracle that it is.