The Republican Utopia

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

did you read the GOP letter?  holy crap.      their "law and order governor" was blackmailing that girl   and of course they have to blame soros.   if anything bad happens we have to blame soros, killary, or barrack.....they can't ever be responsible for their own actions.  

• Plus1 2

In the past I would have been indignant at such attacks and eager to assert my conservative credentials. (...) Being conservative used to be central to my identity. But now, frankly, I don’t give a damn. I prefer to think of myself as a classical liberal, because “conservative” has become practically synonymous with “Trump lackey.”

Yes! Well said. 

Accommodation with these people is a losing battle. Whether you're a liberal who doesn't want to appear partisan or unreasonable, or an erstwhile conservative who still wants to be seen as such. There is no decent effect of responding to the pressures placed by these people.

Mark Warner is the the vice chair of the Senate Intel Committee. The House Intel Committee Republicans, chaired by Nunes, leaked his private text messages to Fox News. Both chairs of the Senate Committee called a private meeting with Paul Ryan to complain. He did nothing.

Truly one of the outstanding moral and ethical cowards of our time.

#repealandreplaceRyan

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1

Really salient point: 

Taking a stand here is more revealing than not taking a stand on anything ever at all. It lets you know everything by which this GOP isn't bothered in the least, compared to the thing that will really set their hair on fire. Priorities matter and in case they weren't obvious before, the curtain has been pulled all the way back.

• Plus1 1