The Republican Utopia

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting clip. 

I find it disheartening that he's unable to arrive to the conclusion that the reason he hates his job so much is because of the environment he helped foster for 8 years. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Fru said:

Interesting clip. 

I find it disheartening that he's unable to arrive to the conclusion that the reason he hates his job so much is because of the environment he helped foster for 8 years. 

I thought the same thing when they explained he was a Tea Party candidate.

3 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

So stating a point is getting defensive if it's something different than your views but it's brilliant logic if you agree with those views?

Got it. Sorry, I'm new here. I'll try better to fall in line.

p.s. I'm independent but I felt like the conservative view was largely underrepresented here. If anyone was willing I'm sure they could find 30 pages of stupid things liberals did in a year under Obama.

There's a Democrat Utopia thread that's the mirror of this one that you can post in about Democrats and/or liberals. (I'm on my phone or I'd find it and link it.)

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Esp if republicanism = trumpism or allowance for trumpism.

Which it does.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

There's a Democrat Utopia thread that's the mirror of this one that you can post in about Democrats and/or liberals. (I'm on my phone or I'd find it and link it.)

Spoiler alert: It's not nearly as bats#!t insane.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Fru said:

Interesting clip. 

Amazing interview.  He's said he is done wt politics. 

Fru: perhaps the light came on as he considered Trump.  

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Interesting clip. 

Why don't these guys have the guts to stick around and fix what they f'd up?

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Amazing interview.  He's said he is done wt politics. 

Fru: perhaps the light came on as he considered Trump.  

Perhaps. But even in that interview he still claims that he believes Trump is fit for office. Not to mention that Gowdy and his ilk were poisoning the well long before Trump came along. Gowdy seems like a roommate that did nothing but trash the house, and then moved out because the house is trashed. 

On 2/8/2017 at 8:59 AM, knapplc said:

Again, Senator Warren was silenced for reading a letter written by the widow of one of America's greatest heroes.

The letter said some pretty horrible things about Jeff Sessions. According to the Senate rules, Senators are prohibited from disparaging one another’s character. She was clearly trying to get around that by reading a letter where another disparaged him. It was a violation of the rules. Fauxcohantas knew better.

• Plus1 1
On 3/12/2018 at 9:52 PM, Moiraine said:

Just another random thought. I've probably complained about it before.

After all the bulls#!t thrown at Obama, and now Trump, I wish he had been way more of an a-hole. I don't mean in his demeanor, but... he PURPOSELY put Republicans into positions. And he got no credit for it at all. He didn't need to do that. All the Republicans did to thank him for it was fight him over every damn thing.

The way Obama was treated, you'd think all his nominees were gay women or Muslims of Iranian descent with degrees in poetry.

You think Obama was treated worse than Trump has been? :lol:

Edited by Ric Flair
  • Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You think Obama was treated worse than Trump has been? :lol:

Mistreat - treat badly, cruelly, or unfairly.

Trump has brought on 95% of the scrutiny himself by being an idiot and a wannabe-dictator. Scrutinize is not synonymous with mistreat.

There were things to scrutinize Obama for but a huge proportion of it was unwarranted. That's not the case with Trump.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 4

54 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Mistreat - treat badly, cruelly, or unfairly.

Trump has brought on 95% of the scrutiny himself by being an idiot and a wannabe-dictator. Scrutinize is not synonymous with mistreat.

There were things to scrutinize Obama for but a huge proportion of it was unwarranted. That's not the case with Trump.

Your opinion. I’m far more appalled by the way Obama sent government agencies after his political enemies than by anything Trump has simply said.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Your opinion. I’m far more appalled by the way Obama sent government agencies after his political enemies than by anything Trump has simply said.

You mind showing me the evidence that Obama order these agencies to go after his "political enemies"?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The letter said some pretty horrible things about Jeff Sessions. According to the Senate rules, Senators are prohibited from disparaging one another’s character. She was clearly trying to get around that by reading a letter where another disparaged him. It was a violation of the rules. Fauxcohantas knew better.

Jeff Sessions is a truly despicable, awful, shell of a human being--like most everyone in Trump's political circle.  

• Plus1 1