The Republican Utopia

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well the first  "very good question" was why people were so obsessed with Donald Trump. Wondering if you have any theory on that.

If I were to venture a savvy intelligent guess, it would be that Fervent Always Trump supporters believe in his cult of personality while also being very opposed to the left wing viewpoint. I believe they also saw him get unjustly persecuted for the Russia collusion scam that derailed a few years of his Presidency and unfortunately are willing to forgive the crazy s#!t he is saying since Dec 1, 2020 because of it.  

You also have the Never Trumpers/Trump haters who make a living off of Trump but in the opposite way.  They need him in the news cycle to make their cheddar.  Dem Politicians need him in the news cycle to get themselves re-elected.  Bats#!t crazy liberals need him in the news cycle to fuel their rage against normal life.   

Normies like myself would prefer to move on from him to the next man up.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1

35 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Well not shocked holier-than-thou mommy crusader was caught grooming

It is insane how many parents buy booze for their kids and let them party at home.  I hear about it all the time.  

I get it, you have your kids at home and they are "safe" drinking there.  But kids need to learn sneak their drinking like all of us did.  Drinking in a forest or a taco bell parking lot, maybe a field.  

The. big one now, post prom parties that the "cool parents" host.  They take all the keys from the kids and they provide the booze.  Idiots.  

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If I were to venture a savvy intelligent guess, it would be that Fervent Always Trump supporters believe in his cult of personality while also being very opposed to the left wing viewpoint. I believe they also saw him get unjustly persecuted for the Russia collusion scam that derailed a few years of his Presidency and unfortunately are willing to forgive the crazy s#!t he is saying since Dec 1, 2020 because of it.  

You also have the Never Trumpers/Trump haters who make a living off of Trump but in the opposite way.  They need him in the news cycle to make their cheddar.  Dem Politicians need him in the news cycle to get themselves re-elected.  Bats#!t crazy liberals need him in the news cycle to fuel their rage against normal life.   

Normies like myself would prefer to move on from him to the next man up.  

Tell me more about this "rage against normal life" and why the news cycle would otherwise ignore the former President who remains the leading candidate to become the most powerful man in the world. While quoting Hitler. 

As long as we're spitballing, what do you think the Russia Collusion charges slowed or prevented Trump from achieving? 

How does it feel to support a party where "normies" like you are not only a near invisible minority, they're accused and sometimes threatened for their disloyalty? What does it say if the "next man up" is desperately trying to mirror Trump? 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Tell me more about this "rage against normal life"

Well, feel free to start researching the climate change ragers who told us the world would end in 12 years (about four years ago) and/or told us Europe would be snow free by now, and told us polar ice caps would be gone by now, that the Midwest would not see snow anymore, etc etc etc…or you could check out the open border ragers who railed about kids in cages during Trump admin and haven’t said a peep since 2021,  and who think immigration policy should be…..no policy, just let ‘em in.  After that, there are others we could discuss if you want.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

why the news cycle would otherwise ignore the former President

Even though I don’t believe I said ignore the former Cheeto, I don’t think he deserves 18 he/day coverage in the news cycle.  Astute followers of media would notice the ratings drop when Cheetohead is not in the news vs when he is and would give those astute followers an idea of why the media chooses to focus on The Cheeto so much. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

As long as we're spitballing, what do you think the Russia Collusion charges slowed or prevented Trump from achieving? 

Hard to say which policies could have been compromised and passed exactly, but I can say for sure that it galvanized each side of the aisle so much that compromise on issues was nearly impossible.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

How does it feel to support a party where "normies" like you are not only a near invisible minority, they're accused and sometimes threatened for their disloyalty

I’ve never been threatened or accused of disloyalty and seeing as how I support people within a party and not a party I wouldnt care if I was accused of disloyalty:dunno  

That is what being a normie is all about.  And why I voted for Laura Kelly twice.  She was better than Brownback and did a good enough job to get a second term compared to who she was running against.  Plus I don’t mind divided government.  Normie things 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, feel free to start researching the climate change ragers who told us the world would end in 12 years (about four years ago) and/or told us Europe would be snow free by now, and told us polar ice caps would be gone by now, that the Midwest would not see snow anymore, etc etc etc…or you could check out the open border ragers who railed about kids in cages during Trump admin and haven’t said a peep since 2021,  and who think immigration policy should be…..no policy, just let ‘em in.  After that, there are others we could discuss if you want.  

I'd say the burden of research falls on you. Climate scientists have been using pretty simple straightforward metrics for a few decades now. They clearly demonstrated measurable trends in global warming, severe weather patterns and sea level rise, and the more recent research suggests it's happening even faster than original projections. The normally pragmatic and non-bleeding heart Pentagon ranked climate change as the #1 threat to global security in the coming decade.

Can you find some non-expert claiming the world will end in 12 years? Sure. But they're idiots. Every scientist and most of us normies understand that we are talking about a window in the coming decade or so for making substantial changes before carbon levels reach a tipping point --- at which point projections for more catastrophic consequences typically stretch out over the next hundred years. 

All that being said? Climate change rarely makes the news and barely breaks the Top 10 in voter concerns. The cost of health care is usually #1. The inability of Republicans and Democrats to work together is #2.  If you want to make a strawman argument out of the most hysterical liberal exaggeration you can find, you're part of that #2 problem. 

• TBH 2
49 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hard to say which policies could have been compromised and passed exactly, but I can say for sure that it galvanized each side of the aisle so much that compromise on issues was nearly impossible.  

I think that in order for the Trump administration to have had policies compromised, they would have needed to advance policies in the first place. Whatever they did or didn't do took place in a partisan rancor in which the Mueller Report was treated as political theater by both sides. Without the Mueller Report, the vacuum is filled by any number of jaw-dropping and unprecedented actions by Donald Trump, who did much of the galvanizing on his own, by design. 

And are we really tracing the roots of impossible compromise?  Any room for the 100 attempts by House Republicans to repeal Obamacare? Or the 33 investigations and 4 public hearings on Benghazi? 

Fun fact: the Mueller Report specifically did not absolve Trump. The Russia interference story may have been a lot of things, but hoax is not the accurate term. 

As a "normie" I think you would take these lessons learned and encourage your party to drop its obsession with Hunter Biden. 

• TBH 2