The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well touché. Your selective nonchalance of GOP misdeeds is also hilarious. Funny how you ignored the meat and potatoes of the message in your haste to shoot the messenger.

IMO it doesn’t matter if he squeaked by with 1% or 30%. The point is his campaign took money from Russians and Putin ally. And the bigger point is, they wanted to contribute to the GOP and his victory. But nah, let’s just worry about how many points he won by and b!^@h about somebody’s selective outrage.

Another option would be investigate all of them and report on it.    But that wouldn’t be too much fun for folks like you.  I’m mean Swallwell banged a Chinese spy and got funds from sources over there and he was on the IC.   He’s a hero to bros who post about Mike Johnson.   

im on the side of charge em ALL for actual crimes they may have committed and prosecute/convict if facts call for it.   You and others don’t seem to be on the same page as I am:(

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Another option would be investigate all of them and report on it.    But that wouldn’t be too much fun for folks like you.  I’m mean Swallwell banged a Chinese spy and got funds from sources over there and he was on the IC.   He’s a hero to bros who post about Mike Johnson.   

im on the side of charge em ALL for actual crimes they may have committed and prosecute/convict if facts call for it.   You and others don’t seem to be on the same page as I am:(

You would have to show me some, even one, example of how I’m not in favor of charging them all regardless of party affiliation. And remember, I’m not the one in this discussion whose take away from a post about the GOP house speaker taking campaign contributions from Russia was to shrug it off with some tone deaf reply about how many points he won election by. And then follow that up with the bandwagon/ad populum fallacy of claiming everyone does it.:blink:

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

Whoopsie...more GOP/Russian collusion comes to light. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-russia-linked-campaign-to-spread-dirt-about-hunter-biden-and-burisma-2024-2?r=US&IR=T

"A thumb drive handed by a foreign national to an aide traveling with then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in 2019 suggests efforts by Russia-linked actors to influence the 2020 US presidential election with Hunter Biden disinformation began earlier and were broader in scope than has previously been reported.

According to two sources with direct knowledge of the incident, a thumb drive containing poorly sourced allegations about Hunter Biden and his work for Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, was thrust into the hands of one of Pompeo's aides at the conservative Claremont Institute's 40th-anniversary gala in Beverly Hills on May 11, 2019."

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

You would have to show me some, even one, example of how I’m not in favor of charging them all regardless of party affiliation. And remember, I’m not the one in this discussion whose take away from a post about the GOP house speaker taking campaign contributions from Russia was to shrug it off with some tone deaf reply about how many points he won election by. And then follow that up with the bandwagon/ad populum fallacy of claiming everyone does it.:blink:

Charge the Majority Leader my guy:thumbs  I don’t give a rip.  Just make sure and charge the rest.  And while your at it, quit acting like Russia is changing the outcome of elections. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

sn’t it illegal to accept campaign contributions from foreign entities?

It seems you also missed this little nugget from the Newsweek piece posted earlier 

A spokesperson for Johnson previously assured in 2018 that the campaign returned the money that was given to them by American Ethane once it was "made aware of the situation." There was no indication that Johnson's campaign team willfully broke federal law, which makes it illegal for a campaign to knowingly accept donations from a foreign-owned corporation, a foreign national, or any company owned or controlled by foreign nationals.

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Well touché. Your selective nonchalance of GOP misdeeds is also hilarious. Funny how you ignored the meat and potatoes of the message in your haste to shoot the messenger.

IMO it doesn’t matter if he squeaked by with 1% or 30%. The point is his campaign took money from Russians and Putin ally. And the bigger point is, they wanted to contribute to the GOP and his victory. But nah, let’s just worry about how many points he won by and b!^@h about somebody’s selective outrage.

It’s also quite interesting that this story is sooooo huge that someone wouldn’t even be able to find it on the most liberal news media like MSNBC or CNN or CBSNews :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Charge the Majority Leader my guy:thumbs  I don’t give a rip.  Just make sure and charge the rest.  And while your at it, quit acting like Russia is changing the outcome of elections. 

I’m not acting like Russia is “changing” elections. Maybe you could quit acting like they’re not “influencing” our elections. And you do you but if I was a big party line supporter, I would show at least a modicum of concern that Russia/Putin were showing such preference for my favorite party and politicians.

It’s as if Russia realizes that the best way to destabilize our country and democracy is to do what you do and support the MAGA led GOP.

• TBH 2

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

USA conservative is not in the same UNIVERSE as what it is like in ussia.

Nope. Sad thing is, many staunch conservatives in this country, fed up with wokeness, LGBTQ….and other non-maga things actually think their values would be better supported in Russia. And some of those values would be, but it’s those many other things they take for granted here that bite em in the a$$ over there. Hard to have sympathy for stupidity.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How absolutely effed up is our system that a duly elected representative is not immediately and automatically seated after being elected? I see no reason why it should be dependent on any party, let alone the opposing party, to complete the process.The voters in his district effectively have no representation while the children play their BS partisan games.

• Plus1 4