The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Making Archy Get Absurd? :lol:

I could see that, though how do you know I wasn’t already absurd?  MAGA wouldn’t apply then.

Anywho…. @BigRedBuster what does MAGA mean to you? Is it just a slogan? Or is it a way of thinking? Or does it pertain to individual people who disagree with Biden? Anyone who disagrees with a Democrat?  Anyone who voted Republican?  Again, asked before so curious your thoughts.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I could see that.  Curious to what Buster says though. 

Take this situation for instance.  A bipartisan bill is passed.  People start to think...hey....maybe we can get a border bill.  Trump, says no.  It dies.

Then, the right wing media starts in on it...because Trump says no to it....spewing how bad it was.  You then come in here and start talking about how bad it was.

That's the epitome of how MAGA works.  Trump says something....then it becomes reality in so many people's brains.

And...the "facts" that are used by MAGA just simply aren't true....but they are repeated constantly by you.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Take this situation for instance.  A bipartisan bill is passed.  People start to think...hey....maybe we can get a border bill.  Trump, says no.  It dies.

Then, the right wing media starts in on it...because Trump says no to it....spewing how bad it was.  You then come in here and start talking about how bad it was.

That's the epitome of how MAGA works.  Trump says something....then it becomes reality in so many people's brains.

And...the "facts" that are used by MAGA just simply aren't true....but they are repeated constantly by you.

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll correct a few things and then maybe you can answer what MAGA is in your view.  

1) The only border bill actually passed through anything was the house bill.  As far as bill-partisanship goes, 

2) the bill (that didn’t get passed) was toast before Trump even spoke up about it.  

3) Just take a gander at Senator Murphy’s very own X account if you want to discuss what I said was truthful.  Much was copied from him:dunno

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The fact is Okla Sen Lankford is a true, old school conservative.    This bill would have passed any other congress with the kind of support he and others in the Senate originally gave it.  But this is not your Grandpa's GOP - it turns on every word from the cult leader.   Personally, I thought we finally had a bill that would pass and then Trump spoke.   He sabotaged that which would have been good for the country.  Some people hid behind the statement that it wasn't strong enough- I call  BS on that.  We didn't get the good because some wanted the perfect which is unattainable.  Inflexibility and 'purity' is the death nail of most good legislation. But that was all a ruse.  It didn't get voted on because the cult leader didn't want it and his weak followers did his bidding.    It was much better than the current situation and much stronger than recent proposals.  

• Plus1 3

We can talk about what Make America Great Again means to the people who've adopted the slogan. It's a common and understandable yearning for a better time in America, although it has more to do with age, nostalgia and selective memory than policies we should return to. 

But MAGA the acronym is a brand, and the display of it announces reverent loyalty to Donald Trump and profound hatred of Joe Biden. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

The fact is Okla Sen Lankford is a true, old school conservative.    This bill would have passed any other congress with the kind of support he and others in the Senate originally gave it.  But this is not your Grandpa's GOP - it turns on every word from the cult leader.   Personally, I thought we finally had a bill that would pass and then Trump spoke.   He sabotaged that which would have been good for the country.  Some people hid behind the statement that it wasn't strong enough- I call  BS on that.  We didn't get the good because some wanted the perfect which is unattainable.  Inflexibility and 'purity' is the death nail of most good legislation. But that was all a ruse.  It didn't get voted on because the cult leader didn't want it and his weak followers did his bidding.    It was much better than the current situation and much stronger than recent proposals.  

Of course it was all BS.  The things they claim weren't strong enough, simply were based on lies about the bill.  It has been proven and shown to them over and over again.  But....since Trump said NO.....it must be NO.  

And....like you said.  Even if it wasn't perfect, it's one hell of a lot better than what we have now.  BUT...that's not what Trump wanted.  He didn't want Biden to have a win....so....MAGA doesn't like it.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We can talk about what Make America Great Again means to the people who've adopted the slogan. It's a common and understandable yearning for a better time in America, although it has more to do with age, nostalgia and selective memory than policies we should return to. 

But MAGA the acronym is a brand, and the display of it announces reverent loyalty to Donald Trump and profound hatred of Joe Biden. 

That seems like a generally good assessment.   

• Haha 1